The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, blunther said:

2-3 I wholeheartedly agree, but if we end up with 100m+ from grealish plus we assume we already have a few quid to chuck about... well, we aren't going to attract the 50-60m calibre of player if we've just lost our best player unfortunately. I hope we don't spend it all for the sake of it. We could have some really strong windows and progress more sustainably over a longer timeframe.

We only need someone 2/3 as good as grealish to stand still.  That's doable. 

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

Guys on a serious note let's say NSWE authorise the sale of jack I think as fans we must be respectful to the guys who saved us and trust them to rebuild stronger.

I say this with regards to bad relations from some potential fans towards the owners.

It's not unrealistic if this jack situation gets ugly that the owners say sod it this is not the way to be treated.

I know it's a big if but in the past we have not always agreed with board room decisions.

100% we’d be a Derby now if they hadn’t saved us. 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

im going down the pub - it is 3.10 after all.

Let’s go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

And therein lies the real problem here. Our plans/ambitions get pushed back a year then come the end of next season the likes of Watkins, Konsa, Martinez, assuming they again have very good seasons, will be having their heads turned and being courted. If we have basically stood still then do not surprised if they want out.

Whether Jack stays or goes it is vital that we are in a position to kick on this season so come the end of it we can retain our better player and build on them. We stand still and continually sell our best players then we'll never build beyond where we are now and will inevitably end up going backwards. 

This is the worry , how will out top players feel seeing Jack go , we saw it with Barry followed By Milner downing young a decade ago 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just now, Adman said:

We only need someone 2/3 as good as grealish to stand still.  That's doable. 

We have that according to stats with Buendia.  of course, he might miss 2/3 of the season too.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Annoyingly, I’ve had to do some ‘work’ this afternoon. Can anyone summarise what’s happened in the last four hours and 978 pages?

In a nutshell this....

200w.gif

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'm melting my season ticket card. 

I'm putting my own eyes out.  I mean, it's only a bid but I just don't even want to see how this turns out.

Edited by sidcow

Just now, Eastie said:

This is the worry , how will out top players feel seeing Jack go , we saw it with Barry followed By Milner downing young a decade ago 🤦🏻‍♂️

This concerns me I can remember that domino effect and was the start of the nose diving of our club.

5 minutes ago, blunther said:

2-3 I wholeheartedly agree, but if we end up with 100m+ from grealish plus we assume we already have a few quid to chuck about... well, we aren't going to attract the 50-60m calibre of player if we've just lost our best player unfortunately. I hope we don't spend it all for the sake of it. We could have some really strong windows and progress more sustainably over a longer timeframe.

Again that is why we shouldn’t sell until we have the players we want in.

And it depends what you mean by gradually. If we go backwards next season and finish lower than 11th then what was the point in the last 3 years. 

Surely we all want us to progress and improve every season.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

its terrible to say, but having witnessed incidents in the past, with Platty, Cowans, Yorke and Gray.....my initial disappointment, is slowly ebbing away.

It hasn't happened yet.....but it could be a silver lining....I have a hunch, we could really kick on.

Like we did after those players left? 

If we act like a small time club, we’ll be a small time club. 

I always temper expectations because football is complex, and sometimes even with best endeavours external factors can conspire to make things difficult, but this decision is in our own hands. 

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I hope so mate but I’m not optimistic given the noise now.

Yeah I hope it's all rubbish, I do believe it is anyhow and untill I see an announcement off the club or window shuts.

Best thing to do is not get caught in this mess of believing it all till the clubs of City or Villa announce. I believe that media people or account users in media platforms/company's, who have different motives of generating money or beating/competing against one n other to clicks and views will just continue to talk bullshit all the way mate. It's all encouragement for them to continue doing this practice because it all just pays in one way or another.

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

As risky as giving him a salary 3 times the next man...

14 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

If we do sell Grealish, I hope we crack on with some actual statement signings for the first time in my lifetime. No long-term prospects, no hand-me-downs, no Heskeys. We need to be the ones who grab the bull by the horns for a change.

instead of not putting in good enough offers

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Again that is why we shouldn’t sell until we have the players we want in.

And it depends what you mean by gradually. If we go backwards next season and finish lower than 11th then what was the point in the last 3 years. 

Surely we all want us to progress and improve. 

Even then, we’ll be getting players in on the basis of squad strength, and then selling the player that drew them there in the first place. Dressing room would be toxic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Last summer he signed a new deal to 2025 and said 'my club, my city' as well as that he believes in the project etc. Since then we have made huge steps forward. No one forced him to sign that deal or say those words so to leave now is pretty snakey tbh, especially to City

This is how I feel. Those words will feel so fake to me if he does leave now.

• Like 1

Â