The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, villan501 said:

90mil + Morgan Rogers is not in anyway a good deal for villa. You would not offer a potential gem as player exchange so it would appear they have over inflated Morgan value.

It's insulting to our club and our fans.

offer proper money or shut the door on your way out

and deflated the JG Value.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

This is completely accurate unfortunately.  Just another player on the long list who don't care as much as they say they do...

I don't get this. He's been at the club his whole life, stayed through relegation and obviously loves and supports the club. But he's being offered a move to pretty much the best current club, under the best manager in the world to play with some of the best players in the world for a record British fee. It's an amazing opportunity and anyone would consider it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

I was wondering this morning. Hypothetically Jack goes for £100m, will we spend that plus any money already earmarked for this window?

If we don’t do we start to question the ambition of NSWE? They make bold claims of getting to the CL but the odd £30m signing won’t get us there.

Who would we buy? No one of any note would come to us because we just sold our biggest asset and would be showing no ambition to progress. 
We’d just be a richer, mid to low prem side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

We've had bids refused from Arsenal and Leverkusen this window.  Let's not be little bitches and accept the first one that comes our way.

I suspect this has been discussed long before an official offer was drawn up.

I actually think it’s probably already pretty much a done deal from all sides. 

Just now, rubberman said:

I don't get this. He's been at the club his whole life, stayed through relegation and obviously loves and supports the club. But he's being offered a move to pretty much the best current club, under the best manager in the world to play with some of the best players in the world for a record British fee. It's an amazing opportunity and anyone would consider it.

Of course they would. If he goes I wish him all the best and certainly don’t begrudge him the move. 

• Like 1

If there’s no clause we contractually have to honour, the only response to a 100 million bid should be a very non-negotioable «not for sale». I don’t care if Jack wants to go there. If we ever want to compete with City, we can’t be forced into selling them our best players. The only way we should be selling Jack Grealish is on our terms, and this wouldn’t be on our terms. No deal, not for sale and f*** off.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It’s apparently £90m + Morgan Rogers (who?). What an insulting offer, not even all up front. 

Shoild be rejected outright.

That's an insult of an offer, not like City can't afford more. No idea who the hell Morgan Rogers is?

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Every time we look like improving along comes a team like Man Poo or Citeh to derail us.

Maybe the future will be brighter without Grealish but it hurts especially after all his talk about being a Villa fan and loyalty.

But, perhaps I'm jumping the gun, perhaps he'll stay?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

If there’s no clause we contractually have to honour, the only response to a 100 million bid should be a very non-negotioable «not for sale». I don’t care if Jack wants to go there. If we ever want to compete with City, we can’t be forced into selling them our best players. The only way we should be selling Jack Grealish is on our terms, and this wouldn’t be on our terms. No deal, not for sale and f*** off.

10000000%

(I appreciate % do not work that way, it was a figure of speech)

Edited by HKP90

Seen that Kev Grealish has closed his Twitter account. Could be temporary - I don't know how that works.

That is about a close to confirmation as we're gonna get until either Percy or the official website confirms it.

But it aint his brothers fault if he goes. We are better than that.

8 minutes ago, villan501 said:

90mil + Morgan Rogers is not in anyway a good deal for villa. You would not offer a potential gem as player exchange so it would appear they have over inflated Morgan value.

It's insulting to our club and our fans.

offer proper money or shut the door on your way out

Have they not got another part ex to offer who smokes more bongs?

Â