The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

It's already been terrible for pre-season, a complete distraction. I fear we may be a bit of a shitshow for the first few gameweeks.

I genuinely think just cementing ourselves in the top half would be success this season. Top 4 - 6 is a pipe dream at the moment. 

• Like 1

The way I see it is, Villa will give Jack 48/72 hours to sign the new deal and they'll just have to be honest and say, if you don't sign it, we'll discuss with City and if they don't hit our valuation, you'll have to stay.
Last night I was confident he was staying. Now I think he's off. That's more a reflection on me than this transfer. 

One thing I will say is. If he leaves. This season will be tough. BUT. If we recruit well, there is no way that in 2/3 years time we can't have improved. We finished 11th last season with Jack Grealish. It's not exactly an amazing achievement. We can sign 2/3 very, very good players with that money. 

Why sell now anyway? 

He barely played at the Euros…when he plays at the Wold Cup, he will gain even more stardom and exposure and his value will rise further…

His value’s only going to rise for the next few years while he’s with us, when/if we get into Europe and play against a wider selection of teams…

He is priceless to us and a key part of our ambitions and success. 100m doesn’t cut it, even if it is a lot of money, we’re yet to see his peak years…

Anyway, I don’t think NSWE have any interest in selling him. It’s down to Jack and probably pressure from his agent…

Again, if he loves the club so much I don’t see how he could bear playing against us…

• Like 3

Just now, Jas10 said:

Why sell now anyway? 

He barely played at the Euros…when he plays at the Wold Cup, he will gain even more stardom and exposure and his value will rise further…

His value’s only going to rise for the next few years while he’s with us, when/if we get into Europe and play against a wider selection of teams…

He is priceless to us and a key part of our ambitions and success. 100m doesn’t cut it, even if it is a lot of money, we’re yet to see his peak years…

Anyway, I don’t think NSWE have any interest in selling him. It’s down to Jack and probably pressure from his agent…

Again, if he loves the club so much I don’t see how he could bear playing against us…

The only way he will play at the world cup is if he moves. If he moves he becomes a starter for England the following day.

• Like 1

If they've made a bid, Jack must be at the very least happy enough to go. 

This sucks. 

On a footballing level it's exciting to have £120+million to spend, but it's **** shithouse that we can have the 3rd richest owners in the league and have our best player taken from us in this way. A player who has been the heart and soul of the club for the last half a decade. 

IF he goes, we will look back at the end of the season and say £60m + Buendia for Jack is the best bit of business ever done.  Of this I am confident.

But I really hope we hold out for £150m +

If they have bid it's because they know Jack is open to the move, but I'd be so proud of our Board if they just turned it down flat. If he still really wants to leave then make it a £150M lump sum, up front.

Also, the transfer thread is about to become legendary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dappadan said:

They wouldn't have bid if he hasn't given them the puppy dog eyes mate, it is pretty obvious if we accept he will go. The only reason he is staying is if we don't sell. Clearly at that point he will sign a new deal as it will be more money but it won't be because he doesn't want to leave.

Jack is just using City to get a better contract. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dappadan said:

They wouldn't have bid if he hasn't given them the puppy dog eyes mate, it is pretty obvious if we accept he will go. The only reason he is staying is if we don't sell. Clearly at that point he will sign a new deal as it will be more money but it won't be because he doesn't want to leave.

We bid for ESR… bidding doesn’t mean shit.

If Jack's happy to leave us at this point than fine, but I'd want more than £100 million from City. Plus with a lot of transfers it can take years before you get all the cash involved, usually paid in instalments. 

Honestly hope fans don't give Jack to much stick, he's a great lad and deserve success. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Theoretically, if Grealish went for £120m and we reinvested all of that money - could 3 £40m players replace Grealish for us?

Replace him no, but leave us with a stronger and better team overall? Absolutely. 

• Like 1

Â