The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Annoyingly, I’ve had to do some ‘work’ this afternoon. Can anyone summarise what’s happened in the last four hours and 978 pages?

Massive rise in Covid cases in Japan, we won a bronze in the trap shooting and the police have been probed over alleged Harvey Price messages. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

We have Buendia, and to be fair his stats weren’t that far off Grealish, just would’ve been nice to have had them both in same team, hopefully still happens. 

Do you think buendia will play wide or in the 10 role? 

Context...

It appears the first bid we have received is £100m. Unless there is a clause of agreement, we are under no obligation to accept. In my most humble of opinion, this suggests we could be looking at something like £120m is we choose to sell.
That is a lot of money.

Jack is talismanic, being local and certainly the flavour of the month. He will attracts players. But he does miss a lot of games, and despite him being generally brilliant, it's not like his stats are world class.
With £120m, we could add another Buendia type player to play on the left (I have no idea) and Bailey (assuming he is a primary target), and go and get someone like Ward-Prowse. And we'd still have our original summer budget left (less the £40m for Emi).
Platt left - I was heartbroken. And we improved the team massively and finished 2nd. It doesn't always happen, but I trust the current set-up to get it right.

Of course - if he wants to stay, then what a statement of intent!

And finally - today it is being reported that Newcastle are to offer Steve Bruce a 3-year contract.
We are all good. And better awaits no matter what happens. 

UTV

• Like 2

Just now, Walmley_Villa said:

I'd say a crap one was when we were selling off the car parks to stay afloat......people really need to get a grip

And mortgaging 3 bed semis in Erdington.

I still think Jack will stay.

1 minute ago, wict01 said:

As others have said, he is completely irreplaceable for us. If he goes, we cannot attract a player of the same calibre and it sets us back mightily. Can we build a stronger all-round team with the money? Possibly, but there are no guarantees that any new players can replicate what Jack has given us, or that they will integrate flawlessly into the system. It's just fraught with risk and the message it sends about our ambition is killer, all talk of "the project" etc becomes just more empty words as we've seen so many times in the past. 

Players come and go  they always will ,  would love him to stay but our project is a few years down the road to City. Villa can’t continue to rely on one player we have to move on . The games JG missed last year we struggled we never had a plan B . If jack wants to go is the key here . If he goes take the money we move on , I love JG but the club is always  bigger than any player . 

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I disagree. We broke the club transfer record by beating Arsenal to Buendia, we almost prised away ESR from them, we've been linked to Alvarez, Bailey, JWP, and a few other very good players. We've been at the center of things for most of the window. I for one love it. And we still have a chance to retain our talisman!

I don’t think we got anywhere near prising smith Rowe in fairness . 
Teams will doubtless up the asking fee if villa come knocking  - we need to bring in very good players now not be linked to them 

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If this goes through (which I think it will at this point) what a complete kick in the balls for our pre-season preparation. 

So much work to do still in just a few weeks. 

It's already been terrible for pre-season, a complete distraction. I fear we may be a bit of a shitshow for the first few gameweeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

For what it's worth. 
IF he does stay, it will be oh so much sweeter knowing that they bid 100m and he decided to stay. It will make him even more of a hero than he currently is now. 

Come on Jack. Believe in the project!

They wouldn't have bid if he hasn't given them the puppy dog eyes mate, it is pretty obvious if we accept he will go. The only reason he is staying is if we don't sell. Clearly at that point he will sign a new deal as it will be more money but it won't be because he doesn't want to leave.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I disagree. We broke the club transfer record by beating Arsenal to Buendia, we almost prised away ESR from them, we've been linked to Alvarez, Bailey, JWP, and a few other very good players. We've been at the center of things for most of the window. I for one love it. And we still have a chance to retain our talisman!

Linked to good players but only signed one, letting jack go this late would be a lot less bad if we had 3-4 quality players in by now but we don’t. 

• Like 1

Â