The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'd be very surprised if we accepted, seeing as we're 2 weeks out from the season starting.

Time is against us to find a replacement first of all. Most importantly though, Grealish is a CL level player, and at the moment I don't think we're quite ready to attract another player of that calibre just yet...

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Percy is in at the " back post " saying they've made the bid.

We still calling Bollox?

I dont think anybody believes they didnt make a bid. Was people saying it was done deal last few days

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Giannis wasn't at the end of a contract he still had a year left. To keep him Bucks had to go all in as most teams do to keep their superstars. Giannis saw that and signed an extension worth ~260 million

Just one thought, 100 mill sterling is not funny money to our owners. Hopefully they don't give a shait about the British transfer record or anything like that. 

Wes has seen what Giannis did. Does he let Jack leave? Americans (especially in basketball) love superstars.

Just now, villalad21 said:

If he goes it will be devastating as a Villa fan.

As a football fan I will still enjoy and follow him destroy the best players in Champions League.

If he goes there it'll be devestating for the Premier League. City walked to that title last year. If Grealish joins them then that's basically a title decided.

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

If they accept £100m I’ll be bitterly disappointed with the club and question this so called ‘project’.

What a crap summer this has been.

Hang in there, this isn’t over…

Even if the worst happens, yes we may suffer a short term setback, but I’m sure NSWE will strengthen us and make us more competitive.

I don’t expect Jack to leave… let’s see how things pan out. Just because a bid has been placed, that doesn’t mean it will be automatically accepted…

We will know shortly if the talk about NSWE taking us to the next level with us signing all of these players such as Buendia to play alongside Jack with the aim of us pushing on as a club was true or not. 

Edited by AshVilla

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Percy is in at the " back post " saying they've made the bid.

We still calling Bollox?

He's the most reliable out there pal. Sky saying no bid yet but they aren't exactly percy level.

If its a first bid it will be rejected and maybe no bids will be at all and Jack commits to us.

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

So in the last half hour, Grealish (well his team) are deleting his cmon United tweets now lol. What a game 😆

That's concerning.

At odds with the Instagram story a few days ago with his fingers in his ears and McGinn sharing it too...

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont think anybody believes they didnt make a bid. Was people saying it was done deal last few days

Percy didnt say they made a bid its an offer meaning they havent made the bid yet.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Just because we didn't hire Henry doesn't mean it wasn't close. You're massively in denial and it's childish. Let's just wait and see what happens

That’s exactly what I said. I’m not in denial at all, I’m merely questioning the veracity of claims from several journalists, including Percy. 

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm a "bad apple" because I think it strange how people sign up to another team's forum? 

Yeah you know me so well....

You know we have many fans on VT who go across to other fan forums and talk with them.

I think it's great so long as our fans are being respectful when they go chatting on another's forum.

I've see over the past few days KVillan on Bluemoon getting some shit but he has actually continued being respectful despite how some City fans have been with him.

We don't have to be like hateful fans towards other hateful fans.

I remember before I signed to the Leicester fan forum and how many hateful comments there were towards us the moment Jack was back lasts season, I decided to go have a chat with them and they were fantastic then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If they accept £100m I’ll be bitterly disappointed with the club and question this so called ‘project’.

What a crap summer this has been.

I wouldn't be disappointed with the club if they fully intend to reinvest every penny to make us a much better team.

I'd be absolutely sickened by Grealish deciding to walk away when he was around to see the impact when players like Barry and Delph made the same jump.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he goes it will be devastating as a Villa fan.

As a football fan I will still enjoy and follow him destroy the best players in Champions League.

I couldn't...seeing him in a city shirt would be heartbreaking. I couldn't watch it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Giannis was at the end of his contract, so he was free to leave anywhere. Wes and co went all in, gave him the supermax deal and stripped the club from any valuable draft picks and got Holiday to give enough support to Giannis. It was a huge achievement and Wes was in the middle of it. I trust he'll play this one right too.

Not a direct one to one comparison. The NBA has it setup that the original team can offer more years and a higher salary than competing teams for a player. 

This is the exact opposite Jack can get far more money from Man City than he could ever dream of here. 

The NBA forces a much more level playing field and doesn't allow teams like a City to just hoover up talent. Maybe the Prem should think about doing the same, otherwise deals like this will continue to happen. 

• Like 2

Â