The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

As good as he is, Citeh don’t even need Jack. They need a striker, a goalscorer, more than anything…

The likes of Mahrez & Bernardo Silva are often on the bench for them… would they want to spend so heavily on a rotational player (which is what they do, not even De Bruyne plays every minute he’s available…). Would Foden’s path or progress not be blocked a bit?

If they have from £100m to somehow £200m (surely got to be under scrutiny, FFP, further enquiries) then they have their pick of the likes of Kane, or better options such as Haaland & Mbappe. They could even bid for Neymar…

I’m not so sure they can spend so wildly or be allowed to do so…

Too much media BS & speculating, is it possible that they’re not even so interested or willing to spend so much? So many seem convinced without any actual evidence or proof…

Stinks of media and journos just trying to sell the better players from lower placed teams to the so called “super teams”, who they so adore… and many fans are getting in on it…

Ok, maybe they are interested but do they need and can they afford him? We shouldn’t overlook the nous and resources of NSWE… they won’t let such a valued asset and key player go so easily…

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

As good as he is, Citeh don’t even need Jack. They need a striker, a goalscorer, more than anything…

The likes of Mahrez & Bernardo Silva are often on the bench for them… would they want to spend so heavily on a rotational player (which is what they do, not even De Bruyne plays every minute he’s available…). Would Foden’s path or progress not be blocked a bit?

If they have from £100m to somehow £200m (surely got to be under scrutiny, FFP, further enquiries) then they have their pick of the likes of Kane, or better options such as Haaland & Mbappe. They could even bid for Neymar…

I’m not so sure they can spend so wildly or be allowed to do so…

Too much media BS & speculating, is it possible that they’re not even so interested or willing to spend so much? So many seem convinced without any actual evidence or proof…

Stinks of media and journos just trying to sell the better players from lower placed teams to the so called “super teams”, who they so adore… and many fans are getting in on it…

Ok, maybe they are interested but do they need and can they afford him? We shouldn’t overlook the nous and resources of NSWE… they won’t let such a valued asset and key player go so easily…

This is the thing.  It's impossible to believe they will be splashing out £100m + on a midfielder when they haven't even got a striker in.  They desperately need one, they are threadbare up front.  

Just now, sidcow said:

Franny Lee needs to spend more time hanging around Bodymoor Heath if he want's the ins and outs in the Man City Boardroom.

Random training staff are the ones that get told first. Everyone knows that.

In other news, I found out that Graeme Souness's son actually works for my firm. I'm looking forward to finding out what Paul Pogba's role is in all this.

• Haha 2

Just now, StanBalaban said:

In other news, I found out that Graeme Souness's son actually works for my firm. I'm looking forward to finding out what Paul Pogba's role is in all this.

Need to find out what length we need to cut the grass.  Pass it on to the groundsman.  We could go unbeaten at home with that kind of inside info.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Yeah, but Fairy's mate knows everything. He knows about the illegal tapping up that happened back in December (it didn't), he knows about the £300k/week that Shitty are offering him (they aren't), he knows that Villa dont know about this (this is not unreasonable since it never happened), he knows that Jack is desperate to join them (just like he was desperate to join Yooonited last year) (he wasn't), he knows that Jack sulked massively about not being able to go to Spurs (he didn't) and he knows that the deal will be done on Monday or Tuesday (we assume next week but this was not actually specified).

So yes, plenty there to convince me that Jack is leaving 🤣

But there's more... then when we find out that training staff at Villa are telling people on a City forum that it is done and dusted, and add in that the Villa shop has been kept in the loop about the (non-existant) negotiations and told to stop selling Grealish shirts, and then add in that Greg **** Evan has said that he feels that something will happen, despite saying a month ago that a deal was signed and sealed....

Then, the fail says that City are preparing a bid of £75m, despite saying they had met the release clause of £100m a month ago.

I mean, come on against that overwhelming weight of evidence.... how can we possibly believe he will stay (he will)

good summation, on the money

here's where i think we're at

• Jack is on holiday with his mrs, he is aware of the interest from city and also aware of an offer from villa on the table. only he, his mrs, and his agent know whether he's signing that deal. i think it's unlikely he has spoken about this to family members (aside from MAYBE his parents. extended cousins haven't a scooby)
  • City will probably make a bid. assuming this mythical release clause is not met, we will reject that bid. jack knows this.
  • Jack may or may not throw his toys out of the pram at not being allowed to move...the likelihood is that he will just take the new deal for extra money, keep quiet, and see what happens in jan/summer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

good summation, on the money

here's where i think we're at

• Jack is on holiday with his mrs, he is aware of the interest from city and also aware of an offer from villa on the table. only he, his mrs, and his agent know whether he's signing that deal. i think it's unlikely he has spoken about this to family members (aside from MAYBE his parents. extended cousins haven't a scooby)
  • City will probably make a bid. assuming this mythical release clause is not met, we will reject that bid. jack knows this.
  • Jack may or may not throw his toys out of the pram at not being allowed to move...the likelihood is that he will just take the new deal for extra money, keep quiet, and see what happens in jan/summer

Saved me a post.  However on the very off chance City do offer up to 100m and Jack wants to leave. I think we’d sell and reinvest all of the money on new signings.  

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Random training staff are the ones that get told first. Everyone knows that.

To be fair that's how I got my Martinez scoop last year!

All depends on the Kane situation, which will undoubtedly go down to the end of the window. City need a striker so badly and Kane is more likely to push for a move (as has been touted round already) than Jack is. They can't buy both.

For all of the guff on here for the last 200 pages, City haven't and may not even make an offer for Jack. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

It was actually quite refreshing to speak to someone who('s dad) would be genuinely ITK say that they hear very little across the board.

Naturally, Franny Lee is not of the stature of Trudy in the Villa Club Shop, but we make the best of the contacts we have.

Hope you returned the favour and let him know that if he tried to get his surname on a villa shirt at the club shop he would just end up with a massive L on his back

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Hope you returned the favour and let him know that if he tried to get his surname on a villa shirt at the club shop he would just end up with a massive L on his back

Fear not, there's a massive consignment of 'E's being sent over from Tilberg in the Netherlands. 

Cathie in the club shop's gonna be off her nut at the news. 

Impressive that we can organise such a difficult logistical play as this, but can't even release a **** shirt at the same time as the other clubs. 

Â