The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We've had multiple 'ITKs' on various forums all saying different things today - some that he's staying, others he's going. just goes to show you how much bullshit is spouted. 

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Apparently De Bruyne started following Jack on Instagram as of 15 mins ago. I have no clue if this true as I don’t know what an Instagram is. 

He's been on there as long as I know, not sure if it's real, always thought it strange De Bruyne only has 104 followers, to jack's 3.1 million.

8 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Fundamentally I don't believe he's leaving, because I don't believe City will pay what we want for him. It's certainly possible he's met with them and agreed theoretical terms, but at the end of the day City have to meet our valuation - and they won't.

Btw, why is this the way things work now? Wasn’t this called “tapping up” back in the day?

Surely the correct process would be to negotiate and agree a fee with the player’s club first, and then discuss terms. Then the player can decide on the move either way…

I know that’s not the case, but it’s quite sickening and poor practise imo… I don’t get why it’s allowed…

FA/UEFA etc. seem to be so lax on enforcing rules and taking clubs to account on wrongful actions…

Edited by Jas10

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From Blue Moon.

Don’t shoot the messenger….

my mate works at villa park as park of the training team, we have been having a lot of back and forth banter about the whole situation! But he has just had the confirmation personally that he is gone, all paper work will be complete and official contract signed on Friday!

so I am assume presentation of the player next week, with the old fake contract signing in front of the press!

I’m not someone on a wind up, just a proper source from within villa!

right yep we can put this under BS 100% 

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From Blue Moon.

Don’t shoot the messenger….

my mate works at villa park as park of the training team, we have been having a lot of back and forth banter about the whole situation! But he has just had the confirmation personally that he is gone, all paper work will be complete and official contract signed on Friday!

so I am assume presentation of the player next week, with the old fake contract signing in front of the press!

I’m not someone on a wind up, just a proper source from within villa!

Yep, definitely sure that didn’t happen.  A Villa trainer telling a Man City fan! 😂

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this is still where i'm at

problem is we don't know our owners valuation of him. WE think 100m is too cheap. who knows what our owners value him at

That's true. My personal suspicion is they know that they'd never be able to get a player of equal stature to join us in our current position so will do anything they can to keep him here as long as possible - it raises the value of all the rest of their investment in the club.

I think Jack will go eventually, as I think breaking into the top 4 will be a really tough task. But I think he'll be worth just as much in a year or two, so I don't think they'll want to sell now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep, definitely sure that didn’t happen.  A Villa trainer telling a Man City fan! 😂

And why would the training staff be told "personally" whilst Jack is in Croatia?

Why would they be told anything at all?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Btw, why is this the way things work now? Wasn’t this called “tapping up” back in the day?

Surely the correct process would be to negotiate and agree a fee with the player’s club first, and then discuss terms. Then the player can decide on the move either way…

I know that’s not the case, but it’s quite sickening and poor practise imo… I don’t get why it’s allowed…

FA/UEFA etc. seem to be so lax on enforcing rules and taking clubs to account on wrongful actions…

Because unlike the old days most of the discussion isn’t with the player it’s with the agent and the lawyers, so because the agents are likely to have players also at the buying club they can do it all behind closed doors and nobody can scream murder and the player whose not there can have reasonable denial if asked.

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

And why would the training staff be told "personally" whilst Jack is in Croatia?

Why would they be told anything at all?

And why would they put their job on the line! 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Why are people going on city forums ? I can’t think of anything worse than seeing those plastic fans gloat and taunt us over him 

I’m guessing because they can laugh at them when he stays

Just now, Tayls said:

And why would they put their job on the line! 

Completely agree, watching those Villa videos including preseason you can see how professional and dedicated they are.

7 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

He’s already agreed his new deal so unless City are paying £200m + KDB I don’t think he’s going anywhere 

Come back and tell us more you old rascal 

Â