Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also wasn't necessarily loving the little digs about us not having any set piece takers etc etc.

 

 

 

Yes, that was weird, I thought we might have been about to sign someone like jwp but it looks like he was just having a pop.

Regardless, I won’t boo him or do any other hateful crap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Chelsea won the Champions League without Grealish last year and Leicester won the FA cup without Grealish last year. A large part of this is because they don’t rely as much on an individual as we do - Grealish. 

In about 10 years time Grealish's career at the top level will be over and the club would have to find new players to fill the void. Doing it now just accelerates the inevitable. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Pretty much. The lowlights are:

- Alleged bid of £75m + add ons.

- Which we are allegedly rejecting.

- The club shop have got Cash, Watkins and Buendia as their lead three shirts front of store (actual proof this time though)

- You can't get Grealish printed on your shirt.

- But probably bcaus w'v  run out of E's.

- Rumours w'v lso run out of A's dding to th difficultis with shirt printing.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

In about 10 years time Grealish's career at the top level will be over and the club would have to find new players to fill the void. Doing it now just accelerates the inevitable. 

That’s one way to look at it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
8 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

If he goes then so be it, I'm a Villa fan not a player fan. I wouldn't wish anything bad on him as I'm a grown up but I certainly hope he/they don't win anything. 

Just for the record though, if you supposedly "love" your boyhood club (who are on the up) you would never leave. That's just my opinion though.

He'll prob be a starter for England too

….like Foden?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes and no. These guys have put a system in place that allows us to move forward if we lose personnel. And I don’t just mean players either. Smith is a head coach and if he leaves, they parachute someone else in to exactly the same set up without rewriting the whole rule book. That way, we’re never ‘starting over’. 

When it comes to Grealish, it’s no different. Will they be able to replace him with a player as good? Of course not, but that doesn’t mean we can’t improve. I’ve mentioned it before but we’ll have stats, data and scouting reports on every single player in Europe and around £120m to spend (after Bailey arrives). The goal won’t be to replace Grealish, it will be to sign 2/3 very good players to improve the team. A very good left winger, defensive midfielder and no.8 will probably see us in a better place than if we kept Grealish and signed nobody else. Obviously, the best option is if we keep Grealish, and go on to sign a defensive midfielder but that might not be possible with the wages he’ll cost and the lack of transfer funds. 

Chelsea won the Champions League without Grealish last year and Leicester won the FA cup without Grealish last year. A large part of this is because they don’t rely as much on an individual as we do - Grealish. 

Then there are the issues with his shins. I’ve had shin splints before and it isn’t so much an injury, more an ailment. It just affects you and could come back at anytime. It’s completely unpredictable and not as tangible as say, a broken leg. If he moves on, it might flare up again and he may miss 15 games next year..

Leicester are a great example to follow. Get your scouting right and you can build a team and a system that keeps ticking along every year, even if you lose a Kante/Grealish. We’re also a much bigger club than Leicester and our ceiling is higher so if we can pull off what they do, with the right scouting etc. then a day will come when players like Grealish are desperate to join us. 

I don’t want him to leave. It will probably be the toughest thing to take as a Villa fan in the last however many years, but the club, and us fans, need to see the opportunity amongst the despair. We will go on, and we can get better.

More fool Grealish for leaving when Mings steps up to lift the FA cup next year. 

UTV

Even if he leaves, we’re still in a much better position than when he was in a Steve Bruce formation. We’ve been spoiled the last few years. We are on the up whether Jack is here or not. If he doesn’t want to be here, I don’t want him here either - so long as we screw maximum $$$ out of city in the process.

I won’t hate him, I just won’t care about him or be interested in anything he does - just like my ex wife. Small club mentality is getting all worked up because a worldie is leaving us. Jacks value is basically close to as high as it’s ever going to get. It would not be the worst thing in the world if he leaves - even if we can’t replace him with another worldie.

UTV

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes and no. These guys have put a system in place that allows us to move forward if we lose personnel. And I don’t just mean players either. Smith is a head coach and if he leaves, they parachute someone else in to exactly the same set up without rewriting the whole rule book. That way, we’re never ‘starting over’. 

When it comes to Grealish, it’s no different. Will they be able to replace him with a player as good? Of course not, but that doesn’t mean we can’t improve. I’ve mentioned it before but we’ll have stats, data and scouting reports on every single player in Europe and around £120m to spend (after Bailey arrives). The goal won’t be to replace Grealish, it will be to sign 2/3 very good players to improve the team. A very good left winger, defensive midfielder and no.8 will probably see us in a better place than if we kept Grealish and signed nobody else. Obviously, the best option is if we keep Grealish, and go on to sign a defensive midfielder but that might not be possible with the wages he’ll cost and the lack of transfer funds. 

Chelsea won the Champions League without Grealish last year and Leicester won the FA cup without Grealish last year. A large part of this is because they don’t rely as much on an individual as we do - Grealish. 

Then there are the issues with his shins. I’ve had shin splints before and it isn’t so much an injury, more an ailment. It just affects you and could come back at anytime. It’s completely unpredictable and not as tangible as say, a broken leg. If he moves on, it might flare up again and he may miss 15 games next year..

Leicester are a great example to follow. Get your scouting right and you can build a team and a system that keeps ticking along every year, even if you lose a Kante/Grealish. We’re also a much bigger club than Leicester and our ceiling is higher so if we can pull off what they do, with the right scouting etc. then a day will come when players like Grealish are desperate to join us. 

I don’t want him to leave. It will probably be the toughest thing to take as a Villa fan in the last however many years, but the club, and us fans, need to see the opportunity amongst the despair. We will go on, and we can get better.

More fool Grealish for leaving when Mings steps up to lift the FA cup next year. 

UTV

Agree with all of this, Buendia could be exactly what we need. However we would still be better next season with Grealish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Actually the bet runs to the end of this window

You’re really wound up by this, mate chill out

Yeah I agree, sadly the media in this country will fawn over it rather than ask hard questions about how this isn’t good for the game.  
 

on Greg Evans I find Bardell far more cringe he’s just desperate to be a media personality, he has a Vanilla personality to

The bet was that Grealish wouldnt move to Man United before the end of the Summer 2021 transfer window. However i did say that you can donate my winnings to VillaTalk, you are welcome to go back through my post history for the quote

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He will never be able to manage this exit if this is what he wants to do and leave. I expect the level of vitriol to be that strong he will have to shut down his social media. Because he is what the large majority of us wish to be. A brilliant footballer playing for the club we adore. A few medals to us means nothing as we would get to wear a medal every week ( the villa badge) .

It will hurt more than Platt Barry Yorke Benteke and Milner put together if he goes . He has a choice to make. That the Football 365 article put so eloquently.  Be an ex aston villa player who will not be welcome back until at least 20 years after he retires or a club legend who will be the catalyst of taking us back to the upper echelons. Tough choices 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

He will never be able to manage this exit if this is what he wants to do and leave. I expect the level of vitriol to be that strong he will have to shut down his social media. Because he is what the large majority of us wish to be. A brilliant footballer playing for the club we adore. A few medals to us means nothing as we would get to wear a medal every week ( the villa badge) .

It will hurt more than Platt Barry Yorke Benteke and Milner put together if he goes . He has a choice to make. That the Football 365 article put so eloquently.  Be an ex aston villa player who will not be welcome back until at least 20 years after he retires or a club legend who will be the catalyst of taking us back to the upper echelons. Tough choices 

 

 

Imagine being a die hard Villa fan and then every time you play at Villa Park you get booed relentlessly by Villa fans.  That could be his future if it happened. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He will never be able to manage this exit if this is what he wants to do and leave. I expect the level of vitriol to be that strong he will have to shut down his social media. Because he is what the large majority of us wish to be. A brilliant footballer playing for the club we adore. A few medals to us means nothing as we would get to wear a medal every week ( the villa badge) .

It will hurt more than Platt Barry Yorke Benteke and Milner put together if he goes . He has a choice to make. That the Football 365 article put so eloquently.  Be an ex aston villa player who will not be welcome back until at least 20 years after he retires or a club legend who will be the catalyst of taking us back to the upper echelons. Tough choices 

 

 

Funnily enough, if offered to most fans there is only one choice . UTV 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Can someone tell me what evidence there is that jack is leaving?

there is zero news from anyone vaguely  reputable. The closest news we getting is Man City are preparing a bid. Its been over a month of preparing.. 

It just reaks of the press trying to link the best player outside of the “big 6” to one of them clubs. Because it’s easy bait and a likely thing to happen. 
but this story hasn’t progressed. Just Twitter, reddit, lowbar journos and football bloggers chitchat, trolling and speculation..

also you add in things like pep saying there isn’t money a for big name striker.. which they need most. yet, can spunk 100m on another midfielder that they don’t need. 
 

the whole thing seems like standard transfer trash talk 
 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He will never be able to manage this exit if this is what he wants to do and leave. I expect the level of vitriol to be that strong he will have to shut down his social media. Because he is what the large majority of us wish to be. A brilliant footballer playing for the club we adore. A few medals to us means nothing as we would get to wear a medal every week ( the villa badge) .

It will hurt more than Platt Barry Yorke Benteke and Milner put together if he goes . He has a choice to make. That the Football 365 article put so eloquently.  Be an ex aston villa player who will not be welcome back until at least 20 years after he retires or a club legend who will be the catalyst of taking us back to the upper echelons. Tough choices 

 

 

Brilliant post!

 

Barry still isn’t welcome back as far as I’m concerned!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â