The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don’t think he will fit peps style at all, and could struggle, and he won’t be the big star up there. 

I also think we could be more balanced and stronger with three quality replacements. Even before his injury teams were working him out, and with threats from different areas I think we can be more effective and stronger. 

And if he continues to struggle with his shins then perhaps we could be cashing out at the right time

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If it is true I bet those owners of ours will feel mightily let down. Real kick in the teeth as everything was geared up in their vision to be built around Jack. So much money pumped in just to have to lose the golden goose. Really hard to take after what were clearly just ‘soundbites’ from Jack in that contract video last season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

So Without reading the thread.. another day of hyperbole without any info either way?

yep. a footballinsider article and our resident attention seeker saying a bid's going in but that's it

• Thanks 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

So Without reading the thread.. another day of hyperbole without any info either way?

Pretty much. The lowlights are:

- Alleged bid of £75m + add ons.

- Which we are allegedly rejecting.

- The club shop have got Cash, Watkins and Buendia as their lead three shirts front of store (actual proof this time though)

- You can't get Grealish printed on your shirt.

- But probably bcaus w'v  run out of E's.

- Rumours w'v lso run out of A's dding to th difficultis with shirt printing.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Why would Citeh put a bid in unless they have been given some encouragement?  I think this could have an ending similar to " The Champ ". Buckets and buckets of tears.

Not a single reputable reporter publication reporting a bid has come in from City. Unless you believe the Daily Heil to be reputable I guess.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Pretty much. The lowlights are:

- Alleged bid of £75m + add ons.

- Which we are allegedly rejecting.

- The club shop have got Cash, Watkins and Buendia as their lead three shirts front of store (actual proof this time though)

- You can't get Grealish printed on your shirt.

- But probably bcaus w'v  run out of E's.

- Rumours w'v lso run out of A's dding to th difficultis with shirt printing.

is the shirt release on friday?

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Why would Citeh put a bid in unless they have been given some encouragement?

Two things -

Until we know citeh have bid your question is irrelevant.

Supposing they had bid, football agents are money whores who court interest via encouragement.

9 minutes ago, ThornburyVilla said:

I don’t think he will fit peps style at all, and could struggle, and he won’t be the big star up there. 

I also think we could be more balanced and stronger with three quality replacements. Even before his injury teams were working him out, and with threats from different areas I think we can be more effective and stronger. 

And if he continues to struggle with his shins then perhaps we could be cashing out at the right time

Hopefully so yes 

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

If it’s about ambition why is he off? We as a club didn’t expect him to go, he’s tried to leave 3 times mate. His family are from Shirley they’re blinded by the millions dangled in front of them 

Now, I know for a fact that this is bollocks..

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No mate, you’ve missed a helluva load of controversy! Firstly, our club shop have ran out of the letter ‘E’ so you can’t have a Gralish shirt printed. 👀

Then a VT source from here saw a truck arrive at Maine Road at approx 1.00pm containing many letters for printing but what looked like an extra order placed for ‘E’ letters. 👀

We’ve therefore gleaned from today that he’s off. Bad times.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Haha 2

If he goes then so be it, I'm a Villa fan not a player fan. I wouldn't wish anything bad on him as I'm a grown up but I certainly hope he/they don't win anything. 

Just for the record though, if you supposedly "love" your boyhood club (who are on the up) you would never leave. That's just my opinion though.

He'll prob be a starter for England too

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Our last game is at city , watching him celebrate with the title would be very tough to take 

As soon as he even considers thinking about signing for another Premier League team…

Thats his greatest wish…

To succeed in spite of us

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Our last game is at city , watching him celebrate with the title would be very tough to take 

I know, he'll probably be a broken man, sitting on that grass watching our players run around with the trophy thinking "that should be me" 

It's never nice to see someone suffer like that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also wasn't necessarily loving the little digs about us not having any set piece takers etc etc.

Yes, that was weird, I thought we might have been about to sign someone like jwp but it looks like he was just having a pop.

Regardless, I won’t boo him or do any other hateful crap. 

Â