The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Certainly wouldn’t expect it to be under £100m

I imagine it'd be in the 130-150 range otherwise it doesn't make sense for it to exist. We could have sold him for 100 before he signed the contract. I'm sure they'd have predicted he'd get into the England squad within the year too which would increase his value. I don't expect the shrewd businessmen leading our club to mess up such a huge part of their plan and add a relatively low release clause in the contract of their talisman.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I do not see why the club would have put in a release clause last year. That would be mad.

Probably only way jack would agree a new 5 year deal - perfectly understandable on his side and would  at least give the club a substantial fee  hopefully 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

If there is a buyout clause they may still want to bid below it to test Villa's resolve. Villa can of course reject it, but a bid of £90m they might accept if that's City's final offer and Jack wants out

could be like the Suarez buyout clause ,that never existed ,  but was rumoured to be £40m 

Arsenal basically bid £1 over it to see if it did exist or not ..and found out , that indeed there was no such clause 

maybe Citeh are doing something similar ?

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I imagine it'd be in the 130-150 range otherwise it doesn't make sense for it to exist. We could have sold him for 100 before he signed the contract. I'm sure they'd have predicted he'd get into the England squad within the year too which would increase his value. I don't expect the shrewd businessmen leading our club to mess up such a huge part of their plan and add a relatively low release clause in the contract of their talisman.

His value now is higher than year ago but £100m a year ago would have been more likely I’d think 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We will not be accepting any bid under the buyout, should it exist.

It will stitch us up if they wait until 3 days before the season starts and do it then.

So that's what I'd do if I was City.

Robinho deal says hi!

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We will not be accepting any bid under the buyout, should it exist.

It will stitch us up if they wait until 3 days before the season starts and do it then.

So that's what I'd do if I was City.

Agreed, Robinho deal says hi!

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

One would hope that we’d have a certain date it had to be activated by if so , obviously not letting it go to deadline day 

need this done one way or the other before the window slams shut 

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Sorry, imac and chrome playing up.

Show off

• Haha 1

If it’s close to being completed, I wonder if Grealish will return to training at all…

Hopefully we’ll see images of him at bodymoor on Monday when he’s due back along with Mings and Martinez.

I’m still in the ‘he’s staying’ camp as I believe we don’t want to sell and we’re improving the squad around Jack.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Probably only way jack would agree a new 5 year deal - perfectly understandable on his side and would  at least give the club a substantial fee  hopefully 

Still all guess work if there is.  In that Sept article still not confirmation either. 

Either the release clause is well over 100m like 120m or more or there isn’t one otherwise we’d know about it and City would be activating it.  Given all the numbers floating around the release clause won’t be 100m, if there is one at all.

I don’t think there is one, we’d know about it rather than just wild speculation.  These things aren’t kept secret long and it’s been too long.

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If it’s close to being completed, I wonder if Grealish will return to training at all…

Hopefully we’ll see images of him at bodymoor on Monday when he’s due back along with Mings and Martinez.

I’m still in the ‘he’s staying’ camp as I believe we don’t want to sell and we’re improving the squad around Jack.

It will be very interesting to see if he does return to bodymoor on Monday or not. If he doesn’t, it pretty much confirms our worst fears. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Still all guess work if there is.  In that Sept article still not confirmation either. 

Either the release clause is well over 100m like 120m or more or there isn’t one otherwise we’d know about it and City would be activating it.  Given all the numbers floating around the release clause won’t be 100m, if there is one at all.

I don’t think there is one, we’d know about it rather than just wild speculation.  These things aren’t kept secret long and it’s been too long.

I don’t think city would even be bothering trying if there wasn’t one , villa would simply not sell - city must be of the belief he’s gettable and if percy thinks there is a clause I’d tend to trust his judgement . 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It will be very interesting to see if he does return to bodymoor on Monday or not. If he doesn’t, it pretty much confirms our worst fears. 

If he does he may well be in talks with the club on the day he returns - but certainly by this time next week the picture should be clearer 

Â