The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

That could be the sticking point though, if City aren’t willing to pay £100m then I don’t see him going. 

They’ve never spent more than £65m on a player and it would smash the British transfer record, so £100m is no drop in the ocean for them. They’d have to be absolutely sure he’s their man and given his injury record I’m not sure they’d really be prepared to pay £100m, as it effectively writes off signing Kane as well. 

Then I can't believe it's gained so much ground. There must be a buyout.

This is a non-starter.

34 minutes ago, peterw said:

Not really. It's not about the trinkets but those big nights playing the big games, in front of thousands live, millions back home, and testing yourself at the very best. The trinkets come because of it, but players don't do it for that, its to win. Win the biggest games and your team involved in the biggest finals. I think although the piece is well intentioned and of course there may be players that want a medal rather than a game, but the article is wide of the mark. Every top player, every player, is in it for that feeling. that magical feeling of winning big games, scoring big goals, that last ditch tackle or Banks style save. That's what will turn Jack's head, and that's what will make him ask if he can play those games with Villa which is what he wants to do, which is what we want him to do, but which man city can guarantee now and we cannot.

An even better feeling is experiencing all that with your club and cementing yourself as a legend in the process. It's not like he'll be like Le Tissier, playing for a team that's always fighting to stay afloat. We're very serious about challenging.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Then I can't believe it's gained so much ground. There must be a buyout.

This is a non-starter.

If there is a buyout clause they may still want to bid below it to test Villa's resolve. Villa can of course reject it, but a bid of £90m they might accept if that's City's final offer and Jack wants out

2 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

If there is a buyout clause they may still want to bid below it to test Villa's resolve. Villa can of course reject it, but a bid of £90m they might accept if that's City's final offer and Jack wants out

Absolutely no chance.

3 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

We will not be accepting any bid under the buyout, should it exist.

It will stitch us up if they wait until 3 days before the season starts and do it then.

So that's what I'd do if I was City.

Edited by Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

What would even be the point of a buyout clause if you'd accept bids below it? It's looking like there actually isn't a buyout clause, or at least not one as low as 100m.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It will stitch us up if they wait until 3 days before the season starts and do it then.

So that's what I'd do if I was City.

I don't think Jack would appreciate that from Citeh

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

LOL.... 2nd post and you drop that bollox

Welcome Man City fan!!! 

Sorry I can see why it may look like that, I can assure you I am not a Manchester City. I just meant we can only do so much to convince Jack to stay, we don't have the money to throw at him like other clubs can (nor should we) and have nothing more than the prem and domestic cups. There's only so far being a fan can take you when an agent is in your ear about a big move, damn cretins.

Edited by JONESYVILLA

11 minutes ago, AV82 said:

It's gonna hurt like a bitch if he does leave. :(

What will be will be. If he goes it's because he wants to go and he doesn't want to play for this football club anymore. If that scenario occurs, my stance on it is "whatever". I remember being absolutely gutted when both Barry and Milner left and it's just a waste of energy. It's his choice, he can either have a legendary status at the club he supports and will be spoken of for generations, or he can be another Barry. Meh. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jim said:

spacer.pngSurely they would have had Grealish?

Pretty sure when the kit launched this was Grealish, McGinn and Mings, the 3 featured in the kit launch video. I wouldn’t read too much into Grealish not being there as looks like they’ve changed all 3. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Absolutely no chance.

Not saying it will happen, but City may at least want to try just in case. If they get rebuffed then they would just pay the release clause anyway, they don’t lose anything from pissing about at all

13 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Sorry I can see why it may look like that, I can assure you I am not a Manchester City. I just meant we can only do so much to convince Jack to stay, we don't have the money to throw at him like other clubs can (nor should we) and have nothing more than the prem and domestic cups. There's only so far being a fan can take you when an agent is in your ear about a big move, damn cretins.

Must be a Man City fan… or you’ve just been under a rock and not realised who we are owned by.

4 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

So where have you been all this time, new boy. Did you decide after all these years you would join up and depress everyone.

Long time since I was called a boy, well in to my 60's now, there's likely only a few people that's been on the forum since the beginning so everyone is new at some point.

You're easily depressed if my post did such a thing, all I said is he likely wants European Football and we can't give him it, which bit is incorrect?

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Pretty sure when the kit launched this was Grealish, McGinn and Mings, the 3 featured in the kit launch video. I wouldn’t read too much into Grealish not being there as looks like they’ve changed all 3. 

Yep. Was right. Took some trawling but found it. 

801640-C8-7764-408-E-8166-0993-CD0-E7-DF

• Like 4

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Must be a Man City fan… or you’ve just been under a rock and not realised who we are owned by.

Come on, our most expensive signing is Buendia, other clubs are chucking huge amounts about on players. We may have lots of money but we don't chuck it around like idiots.

15 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

BREAKING - Man City planning £150m triple swoop for Villa trio.

Found the percy article from jacks sept contract new deal , couldn’t post whole article as file too big , the purslow no clauses interview was from before this deal was done 

A39D86E7-E2FC-401D-AD40-BCF7BC9D934A.jpeg

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Found the percy article from jacks sept contract new deal , couldn’t post whole article as file too big , the purslow no clauses interview was from before this deal was done 

A39D86E7-E2FC-401D-AD40-BCF7BC9D934A.jpeg

If there is a release clause, I imagine it'd be way higher than the touted 70-100m that the various papers can't seem to agree on. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If there is a release clause, I imagine it'd be way higher than the touted 70-100m that the various papers can't seem to agree on. 

Certainly wouldn’t expect it to be under £100m

Â