Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Good article here: https://www.football365.com/news/jack-grealish-choose-legacy-trinkets-opinion-aston-villa-manchester-city

Jack has one of the rarest opportunities available in his grasp, captaining your boyhood team and creating a legacy vs becoming one of the many forgotten players who've won trophies

Great article 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Great article 

Nails it really, he has something money can't buy right now. Imagine his grandkids at the villa walking past his statue, will be filthy rich either way but when he's 40 and his career is finished he can either be a legend or a zinchenko.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Nails it really, he has something money can't buy right now. Imagine his grandkids at the villa walking past his statue, will be filthy rich either way but when he's 40 and his career is finished he can either be a legend or a zinchenko.

Not really. It's not about the trinkets but those big nights playing the big games, in front of thousands live, millions back home, and testing yourself at the very best. The trinkets come because of it, but players don't do it for that, its to win. Win the biggest games and your team involved in the biggest finals. I think although the piece is well intentioned and of course there may be players that want a medal rather than a game, but the article is wide of the mark. Every top player, every player, is in it for that feeling. that magical feeling of winning big games, scoring big goals, that last ditch tackle or Banks style save. That's what will turn Jack's head, and that's what will make him ask if he can play those games with Villa which is what he wants to do, which is what we want him to do, but which man city can guarantee now and we cannot.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyway I look at it this way.

If he leaves, we might not have/get a player " as good as " or " better than " Jack Grealish, for years.

However, we can potentially build a TEAM far superior to any we have ever had, WITH him here.

Without all the Bollox distractions of the " superstar "

Yeah, but...we all want a Superstar playing for our club, don't we? 🙂

I get what you're saying, but I've never felt Jack playing for us is a 'distraction', just a pure joy.

If he leaves it's a huge blow to our renaissance, not just his ability on the pitch, but the inspiration he gives teammates and fans. Not to mention the pull factor of having a Superstar that others might want to play alongside.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Good article here: https://www.football365.com/news/jack-grealish-choose-legacy-trinkets-opinion-aston-villa-manchester-city

Jack has one of the rarest opportunities available in his grasp, captaining your boyhood team and creating a legacy vs becoming one of the many forgotten players who've won trophies

personally i'm not sure it's trophies he cares about...i actually think for jack the main motivator is football. he's spoken frequently about his admiration for KDB and the chance to line up with him plus the other superstars would appeal. yes mcginn might be a right laugh on a night out, matty targett is a lovely lad i'm sure and no doubt they'll all remain good pals but there's no comparison football wise.

the big question is whether we are realistic in our ambitions that we're selling him. failing with the ESR signing wouldn't have been a good look as it would have told jack we're still a little way off being able to sign elite players. i think getting leon bailey done would send a message. if jack's currently on the fence, i wouldn't piss about with this signing. get it done.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, peterw said:

Not really. It's not about the trinkets but those big nights playing the big games, in front of thousands live, millions back home, and testing yourself at the very best. The trinkets come because of it, but players don't do it for that, its to win. Win the biggest games and your team involved in the biggest finals. I think although the piece is well intentioned and of course there may be players that want a medal rather than a game, but the article is wide of the mark. Every top player, every player, is in it for that feeling. that magical feeling of winning big games, scoring big goals, that last ditch tackle or Banks style save. That's what will turn Jack's head, and that's what will make him ask if he can play those games with Villa which is what he wants to do, which is what we want him to do, but which man city can guarantee now and we cannot.

 

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

personally i'm not sure it's trophies he cares about...i actually think for jack the main motivator is football. he's spoken frequently about his admiration for KDB and the chance to line up with him plus the other superstars would appeal. yes mcginn might be a right laugh on a night out, matty targett is a lovely lad i'm sure and no doubt they'll all remain good pals but there's no comparison football wise.

the big question is whether we are realistic in our ambitions that we're selling him. failing with the ESR signing wouldn't have been a good look as it would have told jack we're still a little way off being able to sign elite players. i think getting leon bailey done would send a message. if jack's currently on the fence, i wouldn't piss about with this signing. get it done.

Fair points, and certainly the sort of ambition every pro should have, but they're often fleeting moments on the big stage and forgotten quite quickly over a short time.

Jack is so good, he will play on the biggest stages with England and if NSWE continue as they've shown so far, he can with Villa too if he stays. 

The legacy stuff will last far longer. Paul McGrath is absolutely loved at Villa and what a hero he is, but Jack can far surpass that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe this is too simplistic a view, but if he was willing to commit, talk up the owners and project/vision and sign a new contract after we barely survived relegation… why would he want to leave now? When we’ve made huge strides and will continue to do so?

Things are looking good, we can keep kicking on and keep signing better players. We can get European football.

Makes complete sense to stick around and see how we do…

I don’t believe he’s as interested in moving as some so called journos and so called fans believe…

 

Playing Devil's Advocate, I'd say his 'stock', his profile, wasn't anywhere near what it is now, 12 months later. The rest of the football world were still ridiculing Villa fans' insistence that he should be in contention for England starts.

He moved on to another level at the start of last season. It was maybe easier for him to proclaim he was on board with Villa's 'project'. He couldn't even convince Man United to bid. Now it seems the best team in the PL want him. Not to mention he's been mixing with PL and Champion's League winners, who he's better than.

Having said that, I still think he stays for another season! ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Make it myself on Giphy!

giphy.gif

 

Ah ok, i just tried that and it looks good but how do i make any text smaller ? Anything i do type comes up massive !🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

 

Fair points, and certainly the sort of ambition every pro should have, but they're often fleeting moments on the big stage and forgotten quite quickly over a short time.

Jack is so good, he will play on the biggest stages with England and if NSWE continue as they've shown so far, he can with Villa too if he stays. 

The legacy stuff will last far longer. Paul McGrath is absolutely loved at Villa and what a hero he is, but Jack can far surpass that.

forgotten about by neutral fans, but not by the players. the players that moved from a smaller club (where they could have been a legend) to a bigger club and now look on their wall to see a framed messi shirt from an epic champions league contest. these big nights will remain in their memories forever, even if they only played a small role in it.

as has been said above, it's a romantic notion that jack prefers the idea of a statue to playing in the CL but if we're honest it's something very few players would choose given the choice. and not as if that's guaranteed...i've been to st marys stadium a number of times and never seen a le tissier statue and he's a legend down there. think he has a pub named after him but not even 100% about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â