The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If this club shop stuff is true that would be a pretty big indicator of not so good news inbound, you’d think.

Or maybe they have just legitimately run out of letters? 

It's happened before:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4144436/aston-villa-shirt-sales-john-terry-runs-out-letter-r/

ASTON Villa have had to put sales of John Terry replica shirts on hold - as the club shop has run out of the letter ‘R’.

The arrival of former England and Chelsea captain Terry has sparked a surge in demand from Villa fans.

Edited by PieFacE

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Whispers (the Twitter account) is just making stuff up and hoping something sticks. Loads of stuff that is clearly wrong. Definitely not ITK, not even slightly ITK.

If he keeps saying "deal likely next Tuesday/Wednesday" we'll sign someone (could be a youth player!) and he'll RT it. Completely full of shit.

the mad thing is that even when someone from the club (tommy jordan) calls them out as bollocks, they still have over 5k followers and many still believing the tripe they come out wtih

Just now, PieFacE said:

Or maybe they have just legitimately run out of letters? 

I think the letter thing doesn't matter at all and is obviously a sign of that letter being requested a lot due to the sheer number of our players with the letter in their name.

We seem to be forgetting the removal of Grealish shirt(?) at the entrance--now replaced with Watkins, Buendia and Cash or similar, if I am not mistaken?

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If this club shop stuff is true that would be a pretty big indicator of not so good news inbound, you’d think.

It isn't true. I went earlier to check and Christian Purslow greeted me at the door with a freshly signed Grealish contract and a crate of official PL heat press vinyl letter Es.

Then everyone clapped.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think the letter thing doesn't matter at all and is obviously a sign of that letter being requested a lot due to the sheer number of our players with the letter in their name.

We seem to be forgetting the removal of Grealish shirt(?) at the entrance--now replaced with Watkins, Buendia and Cash or similar, if I am not mistaken?

Ah that explains everything. Grealish would be on the left.

25 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Where DO you get all your KW stuff from ? I trawl the net looking for fresh stuff but dont come across any - perhaps i'm not hard enough with my efforts ?

Make it myself on Giphy!

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?? - its all kicked off in the last couple of hours - re read the thread.

What has happened that’s worth being hyperbolic about? 

there hasn’t been a bid, there hasn’t been contract signed. He’s still on holiday ffs

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Probably just being cautious, the club shop doesn't operate in a vacuum and they will know about the speculation. That doesn't mean they know he's going, but they probably just don't want to look stupid advertising a Grealish shirt when all over social media rumours are that he's leaving.

The fact is that a deal hasn't been done yet and so they couldn't possibly know in the club shop as it hasn't even happened. And if a deal had been done and the club shop employees knew he was off, someone would be telling their mates and word would spread quickly from Villa sources he's gone/going imminently which isn't the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MadridVilla said:

Probably just being cautious, the club shop doesn't operate in a vacuum and they will know about the speculation. That doesn't mean they know he's going, but they probably just don't want to look stupid advertising a Grealish shirt when all over social media rumours are that he's leaving.

The fact is that a deal hasn't been done yet and so they couldn't possibly know in the club shop as it hasn't even happened. And if a deal had been done and the club shop employees knew he was off, someone would be telling their mates and word would spread quickly from Villa sources he's gone/going imminently which isn't the case.

Yep, I agree--not saying they know anything but are being cautious. 

Has anyone thought that maybe the club shop manager is just like us and has no idea whether he will stay or go, so just to be on the safe side has taken down the Grealish shirts to maybe dissuade people getting theirs printed. Doing this would just save the hassle of possibly refunding or replacing them if he does go.

There's no way the club shop know what's happening. Why would they? 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Has anyone thought that maybe the club shop manager is just like us and has no idea whether he will stay or go, so just to be on the safe side has taken down the Grealish shirts to maybe dissuade people getting theirs printed. Doing this would just save the hassle of possibly refunding or replacing them if he does go.

There's no way the club shop know what's happening. Why would they? 😂

Who would make decisions on displays and removing any Grealish related items from front and centre? Genuine question.

As in, do the shop workers/manager decide or are they advised from somebody higher up at the club?

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Hmm, shop has no Grealish shirts on the pegs, 2 suspicious young lads go up and ask for grealish printed on their shirt - one might conclude that they wanted a grealish shirt.

Hear me out what if they sold out? And hear me out further. What if the Es are out of stock because of Martinez, Buendia and Targett, on top of Grealish? 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

Â