The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

he already owes someone £100 from last summer!

Actually the bet runs to the end of this window

17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

if you're not making it up, then your source is, and they're having a right laugh at your expense with ridiculous story after ridiculous story that you're falling for hook line and sinker. last year it was jack's pissed up dad, this year it's secret meetings in london. now i just want him to stay so we get to hear what they/you come up with next summer

You’re really wound up by this, mate chill out

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

City currently have:

Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Foden, De Bruyne, Sterling and Ferran Torres fighting for what is ostensibly what, 3 positions? Adding Grealish to that just seems like buying a player for the sake of it and/or to weaken another team. That would have cost them closer to 1bn pounds than it would 100 million. One of those players came from the academy too. It's insane. Hate to sound like sour grapes, or hyperbolic but it really does sour football for me. 

Yeah I agree, sadly the media in this country will fawn over it rather than ask hard questions about how this isn’t good for the game.  

on Greg Evans I find Bardell far more cringe he’s just desperate to be a media personality, he has a Vanilla personality to

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well, you already would've missed an hour! 🤣

Oh right lol at that.

I usually get the notification pop up on my phone that Villa want my money and in exchange I get to watch a friendly.

So what's the score in everyone's heads, honest scores?

17 hours ago, Thug said:

I think we’re getting our wires crossed. Of course the CLUB need to know what is going on.

The point I’m making is that Aston Villa don’t need to release a statement, which was your original suggestion - the FANS don’t NEED to know what’s going on.  Why on earth would the release a statement?

if a fan can’t handle the situation then thats his/her own personal issue. If he wants to cry because someone says ‘advanced’ then that’s his problem whether it be real or fake.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes, if anything at all, can continue to go on behind the scenes.

The people who NEED to know already know what’s going on.  How does the club releasing a statement about it change anything at all?

I trust them to do what’s best for Villa, and if he goes, I’d be pretty damn confident that they tried their absolute best to keep him.

What I’m not going to do is have a fit of rage because no one is keeping me in the loop of what is quite frankly - none of my damn business.

So - NO.  They shouldn’t put out any statements until there is a concrete statement to put out.

So you don't think a comment/statement should be made, fine.....I see your point.

I have to presume no bid has been made by Man City, else they would have stated its been rejected like Arsenal did with ESR.

Perhaps, I need to be more resillient to claims of "Advanced Stage".....but I come from an age where reporting, was exactly that, not just made up bile spewed out by narcissistic key board warriors puporting to be Journo's.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Oh right lol at that.

I usually get the notification pop up on my phone that Villa want my money and in exchange I get to watch a friendly.

So what's the score in everyone's heads, honest scores?

E.

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

True. I'd rather a journo was honest, because few get any info, than a lying bastard.

I think that is pretty much a given but in this digital age of us all demanding information given to us when we demand it puts pressure on any news outlet to what the subscribers/readers want. The better journos have more/better placed sources, but we've we've seen consistently over the past few years is that no-one, including the better journalists have a scoobies until we do. that being when a player is at Villa having a medical or finalising details at which point the story is pretty much breaking everywhere.

No-one knows what is happening with jack at the moment, maybe not even him. We'll know probably when the journo's do. If man City bid big then it's likely that they've been been given encouragement to do so. If nothing for a week or so then its likely a contract extension is being sorted but not one that makes it virtually impossible for him to get out of in a season's time if we don't push on as expected. 

In saying all of that there's no point preaching patience every bit as it's futile expecting a journalist to know anything as they are waiting to report on the story we are expecting to see form the club.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Rachel Riley.gif

Speaking of Gif what's going on and why can't we use them and agreed Rachel Riley or Carol I don't mind either way lol.

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really f***** hate Gregg Evans. Do you think they knew when hiring him for The Athletic that he'd actually deter Villa fans from subscribing? 

He hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. 

He's a weapon.

No journalist knows what's happening here. 

I'm certain of one thing, our owners and the board will not be selling Jack for the £75m some have quoted this summer and probably next summer. He still has four years left on his current deal, our owners have ambition and are multi billionaires so won't be selling him cheap even if they do get to that point which I doubt they will.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think we successfully kicked the arse out of them, so they've disappeared. 

But they were fun, who on earth decided to take them away, so the idea is to make this place proper boring, Great idea lol.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have no idea what you lot are talking about with the E’s 😂. Can someone fill me in?

Someone was at the club shop earlier and there's no Grealish shirts anywhere, and two kids weren't allowed to get Grealish 10 shirts as 'the club shop has run out of the letter E' and thus, E-Gate was born.

• Thanks 1

Negotiate down from £100m :lol:

The cheek!

I'd just be stunned if we accept a bid that isn't mental. Sorry Jack, you signed a five year deal last year.

Edited by Tomaszk

Â