The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I hope no one does find a word with more e's in it than that, there would be no benevolence in that.

Maybe the thread could be reengineered out of multiple largeheartednesses?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think it's fair to say no journos really know what's going on at Villa. All the Villa reporters suck. 

To right.

They haven't even picked up on the great 'e' shortage !!!

• Haha 3

Just now, PieFacE said:

Because his reputation in the game has never been higher, having a chance to play under Pep and with KDB may never come again. 

True but if that was the case he should of gone and then we  could of built the team ready for the season instead of the circus weve had plus the fact just over 2 weeks the season kicks off so trying to sign a replacement will be big money and would take time.

If he goes fans wont be happy.

12 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

So many empty words. Preece knows nothing. He was a guest on a Villa podcast last week and had absolutely zero information about anything transfer related. The whole show was pure cringe. "X is on Villa's list, Y may not be on the list". Charlatan - you know feck all.

Stop giving these wafflers clout they don't deserve by spreading their BS, it's getting worse every window. 

At least he admits its just a feeling. 

Just now, string28 said:

True but if that was the case he should of gone and then we  could of built the team ready for the season instead of the circus weve had plus the fact just over 2 weeks the season kicks off so trying to sign a replacement will be big money and would take time.

If he goes fans wont be happy.

Gone when? Man City may have not been interested until now. Also, it will be a big decision for Jack to make, there's not a doubt in my mind he will feel conflicted about it regardless of what he ends up deciding. Whether he stays or goes he will probably always be thinking "what if...". 

Nevermind e's.  This thread is like crack cocaine, I can't go 10 minutes without another hit.

Give me some baby, I'm hurtin'. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

Because his reputation in the game has never been higher, having a chance to play under Pep and with KDB may never come again. 

He’s got more time on his side than Kane…

If he continues to improve (which he will), have a better season and stays injury free, that interest will not wane… his profile and reputation is only going to grow…

He could have more attractive interest and enjoy a more luxurious lifestyle if the likes of Real Madrid or Barca showed interest…only they can’t afford him with the state that they are in right now…

What’s the appeal of moving to Manchester?

Again, winning something with us is going to be immensely more meaningful and gratifying than with anyone else… enjoying European nights in front of a packed VP has huge appeal in itself… even returning to a packed stadium this season will be an “invigorating experience” for him and our newer players… missed out on that for a while, we need to remind him of how valued he is here.

Continuing to enjoy the admiration and adoration of his fellow fans, becoming a legend or idol of the club… that’s not a small thing…

He won’t get that at Citeh…

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

At least he admits its just a feeling. 

True. I'd rather a journo was honest, because few get any info, than a lying bastard.

As for Gregg Evans. He's as thick as  a whole omelette. Even in that tweet, he makes a bollocks of it in the first sentence.

We'll update when as and when. Wtf does that mean? It's a disgrace he covers Villa, but then again The Athletic is a pathetic excuse for media.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really f***** hate Gregg Evans. Do you think they knew when hiring him for The Athletic that he'd actually deter Villa fans from subscribing? 

He hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. 

I even hate his picture. Just look how smug he looks. Vile specimen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Now the game today has been cancelled…d’oh!  

Need something to happen to cheer this place up.

Why has it been cancelled?

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

As for Gregg Evans. He's as thick as  a whole omelette. Even in that tweet, he makes a bollocks of it in the first sentence.

We'll update when as and when. Wtf does that mean? It's a disgrace he covers Villa, but then again The Athletic is a pathetic excuse for media.

I'd bet good money he was going to write something like "We'll update when we hear something" then realised how much stick he'd get as it implies he might not have heard anything in the past, despite weighing in on numerous occasions.

People are talking about the fact that the club and the player wouldn't want this to drag this out, which I can understand, but I've just gone back to double check and last season Grealish signed his deal on the 15th September, which was the same day as the cup game at Burton, and only 6 days prior to our first game of the season. He'd been on holiday prior to this due to England duty. I think it's realistic to think we won't get any resolution on this, especially if there is a supposed deal, until next week at the very earliest. He clearly didn't do anything last summer until he was back from his holiday.

Also, I know all announcements are worded to maximise excitement and positivity, but I'd like to think the quotes from the time he signed his deal are genuine.

CEO Christian Purslow said: “Jack is an emblem of our Owner’s vision for Aston Villa. He joined our Club as a local boy aged six and has developed into one of the country’s finest players finally becoming a full England international last week.

“We are determined to build a top team around him and are delighted that he is extending his contract and committing himself to the club he loves.”

Jack Grealish said: “I am delighted to make this commitment to Villa. It is my club, my home and I am very happy here. The owners have made it very clear to me how ambitious they are and how they want to build Aston Villa.  There are exciting times ahead and I am very glad to be part of it.”

Â