The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

A T-shirt, slim black trackies and smart trainers? What else should he be dressed in?

That outfit without the watch is a grand by the way.

An oversized t-shirt looks like what my gf looks like when she wears one of mine to bed.  

well of course every outfit he chooses will cost thousands with fendi and givenchy or whatever all over it. 

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

I have to say, I think the whole world would be a much better place if schools taught critical thinking and to give people the ability to question what is suggested to them rather than blindly agreeing.

I agree.

But we need perhaps to factor in that there's an emotional side to people's conclusions - the bias of "this is what I want to be the result".

As you said

The only people that will actually know what is going is on are:

Jack Grealish

NSWE & Purslow

Jack's Agent

Dean Smith

Man City ownership/Pep Guardiola if there is actually any interest [we don't technically even know if they are interested - it is mere press speculation]

Perhaps we can factor in that we know (like all of the other managers) Guardiola really rates Jack, as he's publicly said so. Also that up to this point City have spent (and have the resources to continue spending) an absolute eff-ton of money on buying players, but that they tend not to be at the top end of the individual player fees, so Jack or Kane, who would command huge fees would be outside of their "model". The last factor to include is the Agent's words - his job is to get money for Jack and himself. Either via a new contract, or via transfer deals, and that's why he's been ambiguous at best when asked/speaking about Jack's future.

A weakness/strength (it can be both) that I have is following the logic of a situation, but not appreciating the emotional weight people introduce into their own thinking. Ruling out their verdicts as nonsense is kind of counter productive. Brexit is the ultimate example of that. Factually it makes no overall sense, yet more people voted for it than against it. Emotionally, it must have made sense to vote for it for many people.

But on Jack, like you say he's a footballer that City would want within a price, and that Villa want to keep (also within a price). That's all this all is. "Superb player coveted by mega wealthy club" is a pretty standard summer transfer window "story" and page filler, and with both City and Villa being pretty tight in terms of keeping stuff in-house there's just a ton of hot air to fill the void.

I desperately want him to stay at Villa, he's worth more than money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

All they want is clicks. The release clause is obviously false because if City wanted him, they trigger him. The £100m figure is a media invented figure too - anything that undermines Villa and strengthens City will be spun. 

I agree and the moral of all this crazyness recently is don't trust the flipping media till the club announces it themselves.

Imagine if these stories were not created, these writers who write this rubbish would be out of jobs, it all creates and generates money for these media company's.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

All they want is clicks. The release clause is obviously false because if City wanted him, they trigger him. The £100m figure is a media invented figure too - anything that undermines Villa and strengthens City will be spun. 

You got the first bit right. It is about clicks. All about clicks.

Don’t buy the ‘strengthen City, undermine Villa’ thing though. Why would they care? 
It would be a massive transfer and generate loads of clicks. Full stop. It could be the transfer of anyone to anywhere, as long as it generates revenue.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

According to The Athletic, club officials have informed players of interest that Grealish, whose head has been turned by the interest shown by Manchester City, will be staying at Villa Park next season.

Whose head has been turned... We hope because some of our writers have pinned their, and by extension our, reputation on it.

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough if you think that but it's very naïve and not how it works.

Never said hidden agenda, I said they favour London teams or big teams.  I didnt think this would be an argument, I bet if you asked everybody on this forum over 90% would agree especially as it has been discussed many many times over the years on here.

It's not naïve at all and I used a fairly clear example of why it doesn't work like that.

You'd have to think massive companies (like Liverpool in the Andy Carrol case) were poor at negotiating. Which I would suggest is naïve. Liverpool could have gone elsewhere. They wanted Carrol. Newcastle didn't want to sell him unless for an astronomical figure. 

i just find Man City to be such a soulless dispassionate club. If I were offered a season ticket for any club in the prem next year, Man City wouldnt even be in my top 10, barely even top 15. People used to joke about Highbury being a library (think that was more to do with the convenient rhyming to be fair) but there is nothing about that man city ground that would entice me.

Even the fact that they are a good team, its because they should be a good team. everything about them is so formulated and sterile. horrible. would rather watch a real football team, where games could genuinely go either way and without the expectation of winning being a foregone conclusion. i.e. football

mind you if someone was to give me £250k + per week to follow them I would probably have to consider it

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

You got the first bit right. It is about clicks. All about clicks.

Don’t buy the ‘strengthen City, undermine Villa’ thing though. Why would they care? 
It would be a massive transfer and generate loads of clicks. Full stop. It could be the transfer of anyone to anywhere, as long as it generates revenue.

This. Journalists don't care about anything but clicks

Just now, zak said:

It's not naïve at all and I used a fairly clear example of why it doesn't work like that.

You'd have to think massive companies (like Liverpool in the Andy Carrol case) were poor at negotiating. Which I would suggest is naïve. Liverpool could have gone elsewhere. They wanted Carrol. Newcastle didn't want to sell him unless for an astronomical figure. 

Ok whatever, I think your wrong and it seems others agree.

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

An oversized t-shirt looks like what my gf looks like when she wears one of mine to bed.  

well of course every outfit he chooses will cost thousands with fendi and givenchy or whatever all over it. 

Can't beat the missus wearing one of your T-shirts. I try to make them as skimpy as I can for her, so I put the very tight ones at the front of the draw. She then says I think I've put weight on, so I reply to her it's okay Love I went shopping and fetched one size for me and one in your size but next one down so I could just see the shape of everything properly you have going on better.

• Like 1

I think after yesterday's VT meltdown it appears to me that there is no release clause, at least not at the figure banded about below 100mil. I think any release clause at that value would have been activated weeks ago or at the least after the Euros ended. Not just by Man City either, anything less than 100m would've had Chelsea and Utd activating it without doubt. The fact that so many outlets and so called ITK's are constantly flip flopping about leaves me feeling that very few people know what the **** is going on. From Jack selling his house, the contract agreed with City, release clauses, friends of friends, blah blah blah..... It's all noise at the moment from people without the foggiest. 

• Like 1

Emi Martinez, Emi Buendia, Ty, Konsa, Meatball, The man the myth Traore, El Goalzi, Ash, Targett N Cash, Super Ollie, Doug, Marvellous... 

Brumtown Baggio knows what side his bread is buttered! 

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Beckham was different or would be different to Grealish at Cityin the fact that Beckham was a homegrown star that was brought up as a youngling through UTDs system.

I do not think the sale of Grealish going to City would have anywher near the Beckham affect because Beckham is that fairytale story of a young lad growing up there much like Grealish is here with us even though we prized him from else where way back.

Villa=Utd and City=Madrid. Same story.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ok whatever, I think your wrong and it seems others agree.

I may be wrong, but wasn’t the Torres and Carroll deals completed on the deadline day that January?

If so, it definitely made Liverpool’s pants far easier to pull down.

1 minute ago, zak said:

This. Journalists don't care about anything but clicks

Whoever wrote that article in BM that @nick76 posted was a breath of fresh air but BM seems to be mostly Shane Ireland pumping out "according to Football Insider" articles. I don't know who Shane Ireland is but already can't stand him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Whose head has been turned... We hope because some of our writers have pinned their, and by extension our, reputation on it.

It's a mad write up isn't it, I'd love to know who's head has been turned also 😂

22 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Because Grealish is a top player and they want him? Because by letting the player know they are interested they are more likely to get him?

That's about getting their man, not destabilising us as a club. If anything it shows that they see us as insignificant, a feeder club, not a threat. We can show real intent by moving heaven and earth to keep him. Then we can be a threat to City in the future.

If we swagger about thinking we're within a country mile of being on a par with City even within a 5 year period, then we will never get there, because we have failed to understand what we do realistically need to improve.  

Five years is a long time in football, and the investment is there. City were dismissed in the same way. It doesn’t actually take that long to turn a club around when you have lots of cash and invest it sensibly.

Â