The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I know but I don't think clubs are prepared to pay the amount of money of what Levy demands for a 28 year old.

That's another annoying narrative on Talkshite, Twitter, and lazy media that Kane deal maybe difficult because Levy tough to deal with but somehow we're pushovers. They don't understand our owners at all

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think your being very naive mate.  If JWP we had been quoted 60m, they may have eventually sold him for 50m knowing to over value him initially but now they know we have money they won’t sell for less than 60m because they know they have us over the barrel and we have money.  So we are paying more than we would’ve have.

For players we haven’t yet been quoted as we assumed Jack wasn’t going, their prices would be higher than usual.  If you know somebody is cashed up in any walk of life you chance it by asking more as the seller, that’s why some goods are more expensive in richer areas than poorer areas.

As for conspiracy, it’s not conspiracy it’s the London based press favour the London teams or the big teams and can never see why talented players would want to play for teams like Villa.  They look down on us, if you don’t see this I don’t know what to tell you.

Nah man, I disagree. If theyd accept 50m then they'd accept 50m. Unless we were really bad at negotiating. 

Some things are more expensive in richer areas for many reasons but football is a fully open market. There are 1000s of players Villa could buy, they don't have to buy WP.

If you wanted to sell your car for £50k and I came to buy it and had just won the lottery. If you said £70k, well there are many other cars for sale and I would go elsewhere and you would have lost out by not selling your car. Or you'd hope I could at least convince you I was going elsewhere, if I had any negotiation skills. So would you sell your car for 50k to me? Yeah you would. 

The media's only interest is revenue, talking about their local teams or the bigger teams gets more views and thus more as revenue. There's no (hidden) agenda

There has to be a release clause? How is this even a discussion if there isn't. We won't be selling for anything below £150m.

Be disappointed and surprised if NSWE sell him for under £100m without a buyout.

• Like 4

£75-100 million is way below what Grealish is actually worth in total to Villa.

His heightened celebrity status, his statistics as one of Europe's top players makes his value double these figures. I don't think Villa should entertain anything under £140 million.

Maguire - £80 million

Sancho - £75 million (with only one year left on his contract).

Coutinho - £140 million

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, zak said:

Nah man, I disagree. If theyd accept 50m then they'd accept 50m. Unless we were really bad at negotiating. 

Fair enough if you think that but it's very naïve and not how it works.

10 minutes ago, zak said:

The media's only interest is revenue, talking about their local teams or the bigger teams gets more views and thus more as revenue. There's no (hidden) agenda

Never said hidden agenda, I said they favour London teams or big teams.  I didnt think this would be an argument, I bet if you asked everybody on this forum over 90% would agree especially as it has been discussed many many times over the years on here.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

There has to be a release clause? How is this even a discussion if there isn't. We won't be selling for anything below £150m.

Be disappointed and surprised if NSWE sell him for under £100m without a buyout.

There has been no discussion though has there at Villa Hierarchy that we know about?  Only fans bed wetting because some not in the know journalist or two writes it or some kid on twitter.  All the speculation and rumours, literally nothing has been confirmed.  They have actually bid for Kane but they havent done anything for Jack.  As it stands it's just media talk and speculation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

With respect, why would Man City try to destabilise us? We're not a threat to them. I doubt they give our squad strength a thought even on the dullest of dull days. 

Because destabilising teams who are on an upward trajectory is a standard thing for the top teams to do - Alex Ferguson used to do it all the time and talks about it in his autobiography.

We might not be a threat to City right now, but if they’re looking around at which PL teams are going to cause them problems in two or three years? It’s more likely to be Leicester, Villa, etc. than Arsenal or Spurs.

I don’t see why else you’d be pumping out all these stories? The case for Grealish joining for say 80-100m is very strong. Spending 125m+ on him (or whatever) and it’s an overpriced statement signing, which doesn’t seem City’s style. So it seems like all these stories are just trying to unsettle him, slow down our progress?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, slovenian said:

ac9e4929-c0c0-4061-8d14-944b20ae3d25.jpg

spotted in dubrovnik, he is becoming a global celebrity :)

He's not a hand holder is he?  Out with your bird and hands jammed in pockets at all times.

And you just know she tutted when she'd put the glad rags on and he's put on his joggers and T-shirt :crylaugh:

Looks like he's thinking hard about that Citeh move right now doesn't it.

Edited by sidcow

8 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

A nice idea but they need to be innocent until proven guilty. Their lawyers will be good enough to ensure their competitiveness isn't compromised and they aren't treated as guilty before they're proven to be.

Then they'll do a great job of delaying and drawing out the process as long as is possible

I'd love to see them bent over and pulled into line quickly, but the farce of the previous UEFA ban and resulting trial shows they'll get around it leniently and I doubt we'll see an end to it before the start of the 22/23 season and then whatever minimal sanctions they get will come into effect in 23/24 and probably split over 2-3 seasons or be so minimal they won't even notice it, like the previous €10m fine

Sigh.

In the eyes of the Law there is a thing called innocent until proven guilty you are right, but they still do not allow you to carry on operating while investigations take place. If potential crimes have been commited then everything must be suspended till the matter is over and that guilt or innocence is proven. Criminals or people thought to be conducting illegal business have taken the piss in the past and just carried on what they were doing so laws had to change and operations must seize. 

I know some think City haven't done enough wrong here or it's serious, we just don't know do we yet? but in the event that they could just carry on doing what they were or are doing and it affects other clubs around them then all immediate transfers should be placed on hold.

Our clubs would have more than enough reason to question or be concerned over a Grealish sale to city and state that they refuse to let it be done till Man City are Cleared or any wrong doings.

Basically I am sure the Owners could delay Grealish leaving to City at the very least.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Because destabilising teams who are on an upward trajectory is a standard thing for the top teams to do - Alex Ferguson used to do it all the time and talks about it in his autobiography.

We might not be a threat to City right now, but if they’re looking around at which PL teams are going to cause them problems in two or three years? It’s more likely to be Leicester, Villa, etc. than Arsenal or Spurs.

I don’t see why else you’d be pumping out all these stories? The case for Grealish joining for say 80-100m is very strong. Spending 125m+ on him (or whatever) and it’s an overpriced statement signing, which doesn’t seem City’s style. So it seems like all these stories are just trying to unsettle him, slow down our progress?

If there isn’t a release clause that takes it out of the clubs hands, I can’t see why we’d accept any bid at all. Man City bidding starting at £75 mill? If that’s the case then crack on, keep bidding. We’ll knock them back.

• Like 1

I hope somebody is making a list of every 'journalist' spouting all this nonsense for fast-track inclusion to the VT Speculation Source Blacklist once Grealish signs a new deal next week.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

All of the stories and speculation are designed to de-stabilise Jack, get him on board with the move, which would then in turn drive the price down, as who wants to keep an unhappy player right? It's standard stuff, been going on for many years now. You'd think having all the money in the world that Man City wouldn't need to play these silly games and just front up the cash, and yet here we are.

It gives me some hope that if there is a release clause then it must be pretty big, or there'd be no need to try and drive the price down.

• Thanks 1

Part of me wishes these so called journalists who sprout constant BS should be held more accountable than they are. Hell, I could go on Twitter and make any crap up and people would believe it. That's the part that irritates me about football and social media. 

• Like 1

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

All of the stories and speculation are designed to de-stabilise Jack, get him on board with the move, which would then in turn drive the price down, as who wants to keep an unhappy player right? It's standard stuff, been going on for many years now. You'd think having all the money in the world that Man City wouldn't need to play these silly games and just front up the cash, and yet here we are.

It gives me some hope that if there is a release clause then it must be pretty big, or there'd be no need to try and drive the price down.

Real Madrid used to be the masters of this didn’t they.

To be fair, I guess one thing that needs factoring in is that Grealish at City could become a global megastar like Beckham, so might be worth paying a lot more than just his footballing value. But again, that hasn’t really been City’s style. Much more a Madrid / Man Utd / PSG approach to the transfer market.

The thing is, no he’s not bigger than the club, and we should be able to handle him leaving. But will we ever have a more exciting, watchable player playing week in week out at Villa Park? Be such a shame to lose that.

• Like 1

If he leaves this year, after we have progressed  every year since he has been relevant, he isn’t one is us. I always thought he was but there has been 3 near transfers in 4 years.

we’ve gave him the keys to club, he could be a hero but he will just join the list of nearly legends. 

I genuinely hope he stays but this yearly circus of us he going is he staying must be detrimental to our planning of the season.

• Like 1

Â