The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Northern Reporter for the Daily Mail so big pinch of salt.

Noticeable change from 'Release Clause' to 'we want £100m'. But I'd be pretty disappointed if that's what we wanted, we should be slapping £150m on him and working the way up to there, £100m should be us listening not accepting.

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

So bored of this whole saga, at this point either sign a new contract or let him go so we can move on. 

I hate the transfer window sometimes. 

He signed a new contract last summer bud.

It's not like it's running out and he is gonna leave on a free.

Edited by villalad21

Release Clause, advanced talks, deal agreed, new contract in the works and of course Talksport a month ago saying it was done. 

Some solid journalism at the moment, all should really be banned from calling themselves journalists 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Noticeable change from 'Release Clause' to 'we want £100m'. But I'd be pretty disappointed if that's what we wanted, we should be slapping £150m on him and working the way up to there, £100m should be us listening not accepting.

All BS why would we wait for man city to make the offer in a couple of weeks when the season starts?

Not gonna happen we will see by the end of the week if not sooner whats happening.

IMO i think the longer this is going the more jack stays.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, zak said:

There's a few things like the above which are often said which I find odd. That's just not really how an open market works. If a team value a player at a certain amount they will sell him at that amount, regardless of if the buying team just made alot of money. 

Now there are times when a team sell a very expensive player and then seem to buy other players for way more than they should cost that I'm sure people would mention. But this would just be the selling team not wanting to sell and so putting a ridiculous price on their player and the buying team deciding that despite it being ridiculous they have just lost their best player and can pay over the odds for the replacement.

So if WB are looking for £35m for Leon Bailey and then AV sell Jack. WB arnt going to up their price, as AV will walk away and look elsewhere. Then WB wouldn't even get what they wanted.

However if AV sell grealish and decide they need Ward Prowse but AV have already been quoted something ridiculous like 60m. AV might end up paying that now they believe they really need them.

Also there's no conspiracy that the media are trying to do things to help the top 6 and not the other teams. I.e by unsettling Grealish but not unsettling players AV want. They are just trying to get "clicks" and Grealish going to Man City will get 100x more clicks than Matty Cash going to AV.

Anyway hope Grealish stays! 

I think your being very naive mate.  If JWP we had been quoted 60m, they may have eventually sold him for 50m knowing to over value him initially but now they know we have money they won’t sell for less than 60m because they know they have us over the barrel and we have money.  So we are paying more than we would’ve have.

For players we haven’t yet been quoted as we assumed Jack wasn’t going, their prices would be higher than usual.  If you know somebody is cashed up in any walk of life you chance it by asking more as the seller, that’s why some goods are more expensive in richer areas than poorer areas.

As for conspiracy, it’s not conspiracy it’s the London based press favour the London teams or the big teams and can never see why talented players would want to play for teams like Villa.  They look down on us, if you don’t see this I don’t know what to tell you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Bunch of bullshit.

"Aston Villa want 100M"

Are you mad? We probably wouldn't even accept 150.

I find it cute and hilarious that clubs think they can get him for 100M

• Like 1

We are 17 days from the opening gamei think if its not done next week it wont be done

Pep will want him in pre season too, when else will he learn to play right wing back for a big Champions League game

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i mentioned andy carroll, and that is the classic example. liverpool got stung for 35m for the guy because they just got 50m for torres. it definitely happens, IMO and sure there are other examples out there.

Great example!

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are 17 days from the opening gamei think if its not done next week it wont be done

Agreed. I don't think Jack would dump us in the brown stuff with a last minute exit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Epitome of complete dribble

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

They are conditioning fans to think we are a selling club and should be honoured that City would be bidding. It’s embarrassing really. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Epitome of complete dribble

“Belief is he wants to move” means what? Someone has tipped this journo off that Grealish wants to join City. That is so woolly, is it from the player/the buying club/the agent?

Really bored of all this ITK BS now. Just don’t believe any of it people. If it happens it will be despite all these so called reputable journalists. Trust me they all think they know what’s going on but they are just repeating what they’re getting told by people with vested interests. I’ve worked with enough to know none of them could bet their house on what they tell you.

At best they might get a last minute tip-off which they are 90% confident of happening. 

Interestingly this all, somehow, leads to players getting better contracts! 

• Like 2

Â