The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not so sure about this. If he wants to go, genuinely wants to go, then we should allow him to leave but for a reasonable fee. To me, that is around the £130m mark. 

There is no point in keeping a player who doesn’t want to be here and as I’ve mentioned previously, 10 teams finished above us last season without Jack Grealish so he’s not the be all and end all. We’ve put a system in place (and spent a lot of money on it) where we probably have stats/data on most players in Europe so there is no reason why we can’t reinvest that £130m straight back into the team and improve. 

For example, we could go out and buy Bissouma, Ward Prowse and McNeil. Add those 3 players to the Bailey signing and are we not stronger than last year? My knowledge of the European leagues is fairly poor so I’m sure you lot can name 3 better players we could buy with that cash!

The difficult of course is signing these players after Grealish leaves as we won’t be as an attractive proposition.

few points here. personally, 130m is too cheap, we cannot replace jack's ability with that money. plus teams know we have it, so we get taken to the cleaners on transfer fees (andy carroll syndrome)

yes 10 teams finished above us without jack, but we only finished 11th WITH him (albeit without him for a few weeks) and we were only 8th when he got injured. where would we be WITHOUT him is a genuine question.

if we signed those 3 players you mentioned, i will argue, that those added but minus jack we are weaker than last year. he is an elite player and is worth those 3 and more.

i dont see him downing tools, so i just dont think we'll get into the whole "he doesn't want to be here" thing

and you hit the nail on the head with signing players if we have no grealish. we are telling prospective signings that they will be playing WITH him, not replacing him. was that what made buendia choose us over arsenal? who knows. but we are definitely a less attractive prospect without him. i dare say JWP doesn't leave saints for us if he goes, as one example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

That is it. Even then the only ones who will actually decide whether Jack is going is NSWE; no one else. @bobzy just because someone says that they are related/know people on the internet, does not mean it is true. For one, I am actually Prince William. Care to disprove me? 

Shit, you're Prince William?!

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Apparently in his article he claims that Jack will replace Gundogan and play centre midfield for City

He does. He says Pep sees him as an 8.

In all honesty, I could see that as a clever tactic for getting Jack’s interest, as he clearly enjoys playing as a centre mid, and hasn’t had many chances to play that for us since we got promoted.

My suspicion, though, is that City are just trying to destabilise us, rather than add materially to their side. Jack definitely improves their squad and is an elite player, but pound-for-pound is it a smart signing if we extract £100m+ out of them? I’m not so sure. Kane seems like the more urgent need.

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Everything you see about Jack, his history, his family, his everything, I think it is.  Plus it’s not as if we are stuck in the mud mid table team, we are a team on the up with these owners.

I also don’t think City will get there with the cash and our owners won’t want to sell.  I just don’t see it happening at all.  There are too many barriers for this deal to happen.

dont get me wrong i dont see it happening either, i would label him as priceless, we'd be better off letting him walk out for free at the end of his contract than pocket the money for him (OT subject, i think that about a lot of footballers now, see also kane and mbappe, i dont think they're buyable because their clubs would be mad to sell them)

there is absolutely zero benefit to aston villa selling him, you could argue that reinvesting the money would accelerate our project by a few years but the mental impact of him leaving would set back a few years negating it

as i see it we have 3 years to promote chuk, barry, kesler maybe a few others and become a really good exciting team thats great to watch and has a real buzz about it, qualify for EL and win a cup and then see what he wants to do but we dont sell him under any circumstances bar those out of our control

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

plus teams know we have it, so we get taken to the cleaners on transfer fees (andy carroll syndrome)

Hi Tom,

I actually talk about this above but you would have been writing your message. I don't think this can possibly be true but happy to debate it as itd be a big part of conversation if Jack goes

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

He does. He says Pep sees him as an 8.

In all honesty, I could see that as a clever tactic for getting Jack’s interest, as he clearly enjoys playing as a centre mid, and hasn’t had many chances to play that for us since we got promoted.

My suspicion, though, is that City are just trying to destabilise us, rather than add materially to their side. Jack definitely improves their squad and is an elite player, but pound-for-pound is it a smart signing if we extract £100m+ out of them? I’m not so sure. Kane seems like the more urgent need.

With respect, why would Man City try to destabilise us? We're not a threat to them. I doubt they give our squad strength a thought even on the dullest of dull days. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Shit, you're Prince William?!

That is what I wrote :) 

I have to say, I think the whole world would be a much better place if schools taught critical thinking and to give people the ability to question what is suggested to them rather than blindly agreeing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, zak said:

Hi Tom,

I actually talk about this above but you would have been writing your message. I don't think this can possibly be true but happy to debate it as itd be a big part of conversation if Jack goes

i mentioned andy carroll, and that is the classic example. liverpool got stung for 35m for the guy because they just got 50m for torres. it definitely happens, IMO and sure there are other examples out there.

• Like 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

That is what I wrote :) 

I have to say, I think the whole world would be a much better place if schools taught critical thinking and to give people the ability to question what is suggested to them rather than blindly agreeing.

And I think the world would be a much better place if schools taught people to just ignore what they didn't want to read instead of making snide comments - but hey, here we are :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'd say money would be the very last thing they are interested in and/or need.

Maybe a lovely fruit basket or something?

Give them enough to turn Spurs’ head on Kane. Little £20m tax free gift from NSWE. Help them out with the FFP problem they’re about to get **** with.

Edited by a m ole

16 minutes ago, cyrusr said:
  1. Jack Grealish
  2. NSWE & Purslow
  3. Jack's Agent
  4. Dean Smith
  5. Man City ownership/Pep Guardiola if there is actually any interest [we don't technically even know if they are interested - it is mere press speculation]
  6. Jeremy Paranby

That is it.

FTFY

Edited by Jareth
  • Haha 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

i mentioned andy carroll, and that is the classic example. liverpool got stung for 35m for the guy because they just got 50m for torres. it definitely happens, IMO and sure there are other examples out there.

Sure but my point would be that Newcastle would have said he wasn't for sale unless it's a crazy price (35m) and Liverpool decided he was the only guy they wanted so we're happy to pay over the odds. It's a free market where Liverpool could have gone for any player. It just doesn't make sense that they would accept 25m but because Liverpool now have money they'd only accept 35m from them. Liverpool could have walked away and you presume they would have feigned that in negotiations. Then Newcastle would have lost the sale of their player for the money they wanted

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And I think the world would be a much better place if schools taught people to just ignore what they didn't want to read instead of making snide comments - but hey, here we are :)

Probably, just trying to help you (and others) gain some perspective. Sadly I think my words will get lost in myriad of posts. Just try and not lose perspective or waste a day arguing over what are effectively people's opinions as to what is going on, rather than what is actually happening. 

Â