The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Stephen_Evans said:

So according to the Mail's football economics, you can get two and bit Grealishes for one Harry Kane. 🤔

Yes £160m for Harry and his glass ankles

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If there is no release clause, I’m not worried because if we do end up selling him, it will be for 130m+. 

Now, I don’t want to sell him. Not for any money, but if we get an insane amount of money like 130–140m we can go out and buy 3 very, very good players and improve as a team. 

10 teams finished above us last season without Jack Grealish. He’s a superstar but he isn’t the be all and end all and if we can’t reinvest that kind of money and improve then we won’t be able to break to the top 4 anyway as our scouting will never be good enough. 

Again, to reiterate, I don’t want to sell him, but I’m also not convinced that we can’t improve as a team if he isn’t here. 

I agree with all of this.

I don’t think it’s likely but there possibly could be a £100m release clause but City are reluctant to meet that, hence the £75m opening bid. 
Article is 99% likely to be total rubbish anyway.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Isn't Citeh's priority a striker now Aguero has gone?

Do they really need Grealish with the players they already have?

They walked the league last season after a poor start, so no they don't need him mate, they just buying up the best players typical of man City. They don't need Kane, they don't strictly play with a striker, it's not the Pep way.

45 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Dicks, don't they even know the fee is already agreed? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Agree that club should keep quiet about things  if it assists the club as a whole. However, they shouldn’t disregard fans in the way you suggest. Would be massively disrespectful and an angry fan base is one that will cause problems.

I know what you mean, and I get it.

but a statement like ‘we don’t really know if he’s going or staying’ won’t help anyone at all.

The only person who can put out a statement is Jack - but he’s not going to do it during contract negotiations. 

What do you expect from them?

’Jack is 100% staying’ - if this turns out to be a lie then the fans will be furious.

’Jack is 100% leaving’ this obviously isn’t true yet.

’jack might stay or he might go’ - which is what we already know.  Why would they need to fuel any fire with that?

What exactly do you want them to say? ‘There’s media speculation about Man City wanting our player. That’s all we know so far.’

No. Doesn’t need to happen.  When there’s something concrete, we’ll hear.  

Everyone needs to calm down.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jesus wept. Look at this Quisling on Blue Moon

"There's still plenty of our fans who think he isn't leaving us. It's as if they can't understand why a player who's a boyhood fan might want to play in the CL and win a few trophies in the prime of his career. I've said it numerous times on Twitter but our fanbase have got to be amongst the most irritating in English football."

Small Heathen in disguise. 

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If City bid £75m I’d like us to do a bit of Blackburn-United stuff from the 90s - ignore it but send back a £25m bid for Foden and KDB.

If city bid £75m i’d send a note back saying ‘that’s not how you spell Conor Hourihane’

• Haha 2

If any doubt to Sam Lee motivations, losing the traction he had earlier, and revelling in the trending traction he had gained, one last tweet before bedtime to plug his Jack perfect fit for City article. At least I can sleep well knowing that Gregg Evans will defend the honour of Aston Villa come the morning.

• Haha 2

Reading some of the comments, on of of the MANY images of him photoshopped in City jersey and captioned " Jack Grealish set to sign this month ", it seems even City fans are sick of the bollox, some telling them to move on, as he will probably stay at Villa, some saying they are tired of seeing the same cringe speculation from people who " know nothing " etc.

Â