The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I said early i find it very strange that jack would meet in december when he only signed in September a 5 year deal.

Makes no sense and he would know if it was true villa fans would turn on him after saying 3 months earlier "My club my city"

Just dont believe it think this is 100% bs.

Edited by string28

2 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

He’s wearing white, no sign of claret. 

Welcome to Bolton Wanderers.

Obviously on his way to Spurs. Welcome back Josh Onomah

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

spacer.png

Just to start this evening's panic attacks. Conspicuous lack of anything Villa or 'looking forward to getting back to it's etc. 

Contractually obliged to post regularly on social media wearing Nike products. If he posted in Villa gear he wouldn't get paid. Plus he's unlikely to have his villa gear yet if he's not been in to bodymoor 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Thats good to see 🤞

I wouldn't read too much into that, Russke is good mates with my little brother and has passed quite a bit on in the past, wrong more than right. He is good mates with Jack and a few of the other players though 

6 minutes ago, philthevillan said:

Hi all, long time no speak. I want to offer my two penneth on today’s events and hope it provides some insight. I worked in football journalism for a trusted broadcaster and would like to think I have some knowledge to share. 

1. The Man City reporter in question may well have sources he trusts but I can’t believe he would have a source high up enough to say anything other than City are ‘confident’. Most sports journos get their rumours from other journos, educated guesses and insiders who most likely work in the press office or at a mediocre level in the training ground. Also if you were the head of comms at the league champions, for example, I’m sure you’d think your club has a good chance of signing a player from a club in the bottom half of the table. I cannot see how this guy would have a direct line with the people working on such deals. Most likely that he’s heard the word ‘confident’ from a press officer. The best in the knows don’t tend to give a running commentary on how the deal’s progressing either. What they say tends to be confirmed soon after. 

2. Villa may well have a price for Grealish which City are aware of but they haven’t done a deal yet so how can anyone, journo or not, claim they’d be happy with the price? If, say, Villa said he’s not going anywhere for under £100m then City would think ‘let’s offer an amount less than that’ and Villa might well rethink if they offered close to the asking price. It’s called negotiations. There’s no way anyone would know how they are going to go before they come to a resolution. And they certainly don’t appear to have happened so there’s no need to worry about that for now. 

3. Grealish’s agent might be banding around what he’d want to be paid but again that means nothing. The player and club he plays for can just say ‘no deal thanks’. 

4. I really don’t get Sam Lee’s reaction today. He knows full well that his claims will provoke aggressive responses from some, it’s the madness of social media. I think he probably has a much thicker skin than you realise and the key motive of today is ‘engagement’! 

For the record I’m confident Jack is staying but that doesn’t mean I’m addicted to refreshing my Twitter feed until it’s confirmed. 

UTV! 

Thanks for the insight! Of course, he was trending after this 'meltdown'.

21 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Hey, Fairy - perhaps you can help me with something.

I have always wanted to know.....

What is the thinking behind posting garbage like this? Pretending to be ITK about something when you clearly aren't? Is it a desire to try to look connected (even though your statements have been picked apart and shown to be rubbish)? Is it a need to have contact with other humans (even via an internet forum), or are you trolling and take some sort of weak puerile enjoyment from seeing the very few people that actually do believe you losing their shit? or do you, for some reason truly believe it? I mean I know that the last one is unlikely, but I had to ask, right?

Please, do explain the "thinking" behind it.  Genuinely curious.

To be honest I share it because I believe it as I know my source on it. Now my source will see it one way and ultimately it may go another that’s the risk in any negotiation. I’m not telling you to believe me, I think a fair few don’t and to be honest I don’t really care. I pass it on because personally I care more about Villa than Jack and I’m tempering expectations ahead of next week. 

if he does leave I can see a fair few losing their shit over it and I hope that’s not the case, the national media will paint a negative light on a fan base that have had this kids back from day 1. 
Although he will deservedly get dogs abuse whenever he lines up against us. It’s his own fault with the “my club my city” crap. 

I’m curious as well though why is it people like you just love to shit on anybody telling you anything, why can’t you take it with a pinch of salt and move on? I may well be wrong, I hope I am. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

To be honest I share it because I believe it as I know my source on it. Now my source will see it one way and ultimately it may go another that’s the risk in any negotiation. I’m not telling you to believe me, I think a fair few don’t and to be honest I don’t really care. I pass it on because personally I care more about Villa than Jack and I’m tempering expectations ahead of next week. 

if he does leave I can see a fair few losing their shit over it and I hope that’s not the case, the national media will paint a negative light on a fan base that have had this kids back from day 1. 
Although he will deservedly get dogs abuse whenever he lines up against us. It’s his own fault with the “my club my city” crap. 

I’m curious as well though why is it people like you just love to shit on anybody telling you anything, why can’t you take it with a pinch of salt and move on? I may well be wrong, I hope I am. 

Because I don't believe the story. It is so full of holes it could be used to store pencils. 

I tell you what, if you genuinely believe it, I will put £20 to Acorns if he does leave before the end of this transfer window. If he does not, you put £20 to Acorns. Proof to be posted on this thread. Deal?

Edited by TheStagMan

2 hours ago, Xela said:

London in a lockdown at that time as well? 

Jack was in London around that time getting pissed with Barkley.

6 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Thanks for the insight! Of course, he was trending after this 'meltdown'.

Exactly. And I’m sure the bosses at the Athletic will be appreciating the attention he gets. 

As for getting transfers right, the only time I was certain about one was when I heard Brad Friedel say he was joining us. And still my employer at the time wouldn’t run the story until the club had confirmed it! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Because I don't believe the story. It is so full of holes it could be used to store pencils. 

I tell you what, if you genuinely believe it, I will put £20 to Acorns if he does leave before the end of this transfer window. If he does not, you put £20 to Acorns. Proof to be posted on this thread. Deal?

he already owes someone £100 from last summer!

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

I know I’m opening a can of worms here. Ive mentioned before, I know a relative of Jacks. Last I heard was Jack was aware of all the City talk, it was his agent out for a best offer out of us. But that his intention was always to stay, that was about two weeks ago. I can’t say if anything’s changed, but I’ve remained fairly confident he’ll be staying.

Do you reckon Jack divides up his family and sends out one side with leave stories and the other side with stay stories? 

Not knocking you but we're jam packed with people who know his family and get different stories from each. 

Just now, jim said:

Jack was in London around that time getting pissed with Barkley.

Yes but do you really think he would be having a meeting with his dad and agent while on the piss with barkley 3 months after signing a 5 year deal?

BS. Simple he wouldnt do that after saying he loves the club and its "My Club" he is not delph and wouldnt do that so i dont believe any of it.

So, here's my opinion based on Spurs and Kane.

Kane wants to leave. Daniel Levy isn't likely to even consider sanctioning a move for a world class player on a long term contract even if a world record fee is touted. It's nearly impossible to replace like-for-like, no matter the money involved. Result: Kane won't leave Spurs this season.

Grealish doesn't want to leave, but is understandably attracted to a club regularly hoovering up trophies. NSWE, at the start of something big; potentially very big, don't need the money, have no desire to derail the project and the player is on a long contract. It's nearly impossible to replace like-for-like, no matter the money involved. Result: Grealish won't leave (this season).

Edited by AvonVillain
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, philthevillan said:

Exactly. And I’m sure the bosses at the Athletic will be appreciating the attention he gets. 

As for getting transfers right, the only time I was certain about one was when I heard Brad Friedel say he was joining us. And still my employer at the time wouldn’t run the story until the club had confirmed it! 

Sounds like a different era!

Â