The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Don't disagree Dave, every player can have his day in the sun......but this is every season, with Jack.

Yes it is every season but if he goes another will just be having an every window leave. This is all boiling down to media not having got a clue what's truth or what's false apart from the story's they make up. So story's are created to get the views and clicks but how can any of them be true because no one out of the clubs is talking anymore. If clubs are keeping hush hush about there business and the media can't get hold of the clubs doing the dealing then they start creating rumours that circulate like wildfire. It's us poor fans that are having to deal with it all and because of it I bet every club is going through it and there favourite player is always leaving till they actually do in the end. Imagine though clubs keep hush like they are doing and the media don't write up nothingz they then don't make money, get views and clicks or compete for most looked at piece.

Only one way to stop it all which I pray for, is for clubs to start talking to the media again in the UK and the media actually goes chasing the sports stories. Unfortunately untill that starts happening nothing will change and we will go through this all the time.

After the other day and me getting caught out by a Leon Bailey title I've just not looked at the news. I've arrived at the decision for me that Jack will stay and untill Villa or City make a statement saying he's off, that's the answer I'm staying at mate.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Why would city buy him in June pay him over £2m in wages for not being there and gamble £100m on him possibly getting injured on international duty - makes perfect sense to wait until players report back for pre season especially at that sort of fee with the player being involved in an international tournament . 
City usually do their dealing in pre season not the close season . 

We bought Buendia while he was away on international duty...

1 hour ago, Thug said:

I’m really not sure what you mean by this.

He can’t leave without us agreeing to sell him.  This means we must accept a bid that comes in for him.  This is a bid that either meets our current valuation of him, or our valuation of him when he signed the new contract (in the form of a minimum fee release clause).  These are the only two scenarios in which he can leave.  Either way does not make him dishonest.

The only other thing Jack Grealish can do to force a move is to lay down his tools and refuse to play.  IF he does that, then that makes him a total prick.  

What he CAN’T do is say ‘I’m off to city.  See ya.’

IF we are offering him a new contract then there are only two reasons we are doing so.

1) we recognise his value, and wish to reward him to keep him happy

2) there is a clause (for example a minimum fee release clause) that we want to remove, and in return for that we are offering a better salary.

If it’s scenario 1, then we have nothing to worry about, if it’s scenario 2 then we’re in trouble.

If he saw his future here when he signed the contract, like he said he did then he would just reject a move anywhere as he wouldn't want to leave. Simple. My City, My home, My club. Did he only mean that for the next 12 months then?

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he will stay but the recurrence of the shin injury might just have had an effect on both his and the club's thinking this summer.  If it's something that he will have to manage the rest of the career and can't play more than 30 league games a season, being offered £150m might just be tempting.  Also with a World Cup coming up, Jack's pretty frustrating experience at the Euros might make City look more inviting than moving last season.  

It's not the same injury.

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

He didn't.

You know what else he never did either.....

He never made up bollocks about Jack, his dad, Pep Guardiola and some other bods having a secret meeting in London and post about it on a Villa forum. 

He also never used Twitter. Partly because it had not been invented before he died in 1987, but mainly because he wasn't an attention seeking sad loser. 

Did he have a profile on litter?

I will get my coat

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

being offered £150m might just be tempting.  Also with a World Cup coming up, Jack's pretty frustrating experience at the Euros might make City look more inviting than moving last season.  

He doesn't get the transfer fee. 

Southgate barely played Foden. As others have said he doesn't like flair players. Moving to City won't change Safegate from being boring

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes it is every season but if he goes another will just be having an every window leave. This is all boiling down to media not having got a clue what's truth or what's false apart from the story's they make up. So story's are created to get the views and clicks but how can any of them be true because no one out of the clubs is talking anymore. If clubs are keeping hush hush about there business and the media can't get hold of the clubs doing the dealing then they start creating rumours that circulate like wildfire. It's us poor fans that are having to deal with it all and because of it I bet every club is going through it and there favourite player is always leaving till they actually do in the end. Imagine though clubs keep hush like they are doing and the media don't write up nothingz they then don't make money, get views and clicks or compete for most looked at piece.

Only one way to stop it all which I pray for, is for clubs to start talking to the media again in the UK and the media actually goes chasing the sports stories. Unfortunately untill that starts happening nothing will change and we will go through this all the time.

After the other day and me getting caught out by a Leon Bailey title I've just not looked at the news. I've arrived at the decision for me that Jack will stay and untill Villa or City make a statement saying he's off, that's the answer I'm staying at mate.

probably right Dave.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Jack is obviously exceptional but it's pretty clear us fans are not used to Aston Villa having a player that other teams are interested in paying money for to sign.

Benteke was 6 years ago...

Yes it's been a while but we have been through it all before.

The only differences is that this time the Club gets paid big for the player, we are not bullied into selling either.

City as well, I feel are just trying to make a calculated expensive buy that also has a different use the moment they take Jack off of us, which halts our progress, yes they get a really good player but do they really need him?? I don't think they do need him, which to me it all looks more like Greed and to slow us down than actually wanting Jack to use him. I just think Jack will rot at City and it'd be a shame because they won't use Jack the way Smith does which is allow Jack to free roam.

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

So we can get on with the business of planning our future campaign....

Look, I agree with you....I'm just getting slowly pissed off with this every season now.....

Its not the going or staying, its the procrastinating and the effects of it on our club......we need to get on with OUR business.

Spurs have it too , with Harry Kane, but I'm not interested in them.....some say this is negotiating, but its more like disruption, to stop our gallop.

I don't believe that 

Easy enough to give lange 2 objectives 

Even easier for them to know what's actually happening and block out all the media guff and the backwards and forwards, our management team will know exactly what's happening and make plans accordingly 

All this uncertainty over what will happen which the media is thriving off and the fans are going wild over... That uncertainty won't be in purslows office... 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

has anyone stopped to think, Jack might feel its time for him to move on, in respect of the fee being mentioned ,we might think so too.

it reminds me of the Fergie Moment when he referred to the Beckham situation as a "circus"...We could be experiencing a similar thing.

I am beginning to wonder, if I want this every season...this one man team tag is disrespectful to the rest too.

I'd argue that for purely football reasons we can't let him go this season. Next season he'll not be as big a miss. Buendia and Bailey playing with Jack for a season will give us a really strong platform for 22/23 with or without him.

But this season we really need him as that will be most effective for us. IMO.

12 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

He didn't.

You know what else he never did either.....

He never made up bollocks about Jack, his dad, Pep Guardiola and some other bods having a secret meeting in London and post about it on a Villa forum. 

He also never used Twitter. Partly because it had not been invented before he died in 1987, partly because he was a cat and therefore couldn't type, but mainly because he wasn't an attention seeking sad loser. 

Finally, a post that isn't a load of old bllox!

• Like 2

Â