The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Next week no good actually.

If he's off, go tomorrow please so we know where we stand and can plan for the season.

I keep thinking there must be a buyout if City are so confident. Why on earth would we accept a bid below £250m? If there is a clause, and he wants to go, why is he here?

Unless the club know already and have asked him to wait a week or two to get some signings in. It'll be much much easier to get top players through the door if Jack is still here IMO.

Edited by Tomaszk

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

James Nursey? You would get a more accurate picture of what is going on from my cat, and he died in 1987.

RIP Kitty HEITS

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Next week no good actually.

If he's off, go tomorrow please so we know where we stand and can plan for the season.

I keep thinking there must be a buyout if City are so confident. Why on earth would be accept a bid below £250m? If there is a clause, and he wants to go, why is he here?

Unless the club know already and have asked him to wait a week or two to get some signings in. It'll be much much easier to get top players through the door if Jack is still here IMO.

what are we going to do, say Jack is staying, and then he leaves after we have signed them?.....that  sounds a bit iffy to me.

Just now, calcifer said:

So have I missed much today? 

09:00 - Jack is off

09:10 - Jack might be off

09:20 - Jack deserves a move

09:30 - Jack should be burnt alive if he moves 

09:40 - McGinn confirms Jack is staying 

09:50 - Fish puns

10:00 - I’m giving up on football

10:10 - Manc journalist has Twitter meltdown

10:20 - VT had group meltdown

10:30 - fish puns

10:40 - I had a break from VT to calm down

11:00 - We go again

17:10 - meltdown - fish puns 

Apologies if I’ve missed anything 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I found a flaw - Monsiuer Fairy knows how much wages Citeh were offering but Villa don't...

Before x-mas Jack, his dad, his agent & David Manasseh (Stella )  met Txiki &  Pep in London and talked about a deal, £300k p/w and Jack has a £100m buy out clause (we would value more but that's the clause, new contract doesn't have one) Villa only play left is to offer a contract but Villa don't know about how much city have offered so we will offer around 200k

Also, would that not be classed as "tapping up"?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Jack goes then it will only be some other players turn after because the media and rumours just never stop.

It makes no difference whether Jack stays or leaves because whether he's here or not won't stop all the nonsense.

It will be Watkins after Grealish that gets all the attention most likely every talked about club goes through this, part and parcel of being in the premier again and becoming a well known club once more..

Don't disagree Dave, every player can have his day in the sun......but this is every season, with Jack.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

About 6 hours 10 mins from 11:00 onwards till your 17:10 fishpuns meltdown, alot happened during that time 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, allani said:

Do we know it is having any impact on what we are doing behind the scenes?  I mean there is no evidence that I can see that any of our recruitment team, Purslow, the manager or the coaches are doing anything other than planning for the start of the season.

hope you are right...just my thoughts.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree Tro, **** sell him and let’s move on.

*Unless there is a monetary release clause* we should absolutely not sell this summer. That is the bottom line. We can't progress if we're going to cave in and flog our best players year after year and continue to be a feeder club.

The only exception is if the board thinks the money generated will allow us to make the team better. Jack is a unique situation in this regard as 100m is alot (not enough in my opinion though! ).

Edited by birdman

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Jack was in London in December. Getting pissed with Ross Barkey - all over the papers! 

Well exactly , these people are too high profile to be swanning around London unnoticed 

but that was the 5th Dec , Man City were at home to a Fulham that day , I thinks we’d have noticed if their manager wasn’t present 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

what are we going to do, say Jack is staying, and then he leaves after we have signed them?.....that  sounds a bit iffy to me.

Give em a bit of the old razzle dazzle.

• Haha 1

Jack is obviously exceptional but it's pretty clear us fans are not used to Aston Villa having a player that other teams are interested in paying money for to sign.

Benteke was 6 years ago...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

If Jack wanted out and City had the money for this apparent buy out clause he’d be gone, because there would be absolutely nothing the club could do about it. 

He isn’t going anywhere 

Why would city buy him in June pay him over £2m in wages for not being there and gamble £100m on him possibly getting injured on international duty - makes perfect sense to wait until players report back for pre season especially at that sort of fee with the player being involved in an international tournament . 
City usually do their dealing in pre season not the close season . 

Edited by Eastie

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

All true except the McGinn bit sadly!!

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Well exactly , these people are too high profile to be swanning around London unnoticed 

but that was the 5th Dec , Man City were at home to a Fulham that day , I thinks we’d have noticed if their manager wasn’t present 

Video link apparently 

*just made this up

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I just don't understand why he'd leave now, but stay last season. It makes no sense. Unless he was holding out for Man City and not United (which would be weird given that according to reputable sources aka teenagers on Twitter, he's a boyhood United fan).

Last season it was "my club, my city" and "once I heard the owners' plans, I had to stay" etc. Did the owners' plans change in 10 months? If anything, we should be right on track. Can't wrap my head around staying after we nearly got relegated and then leaving when we're perfectly poised for a European place.

I think he will stay but the recurrence of the shin injury might just have had an effect on both his and the club's thinking this summer.  If it's something that he will have to manage the rest of the career and can't play more than 30 league games a season, being offered £150m might just be tempting.  Also with a World Cup coming up, Jack's pretty frustrating experience at the Euros might make City look more inviting than moving last season.  

Â