The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

What a draining situation. How dare a club outside the scum 6 have a great player. One thing that will definitely happen as a result of this saga is that my hatred of the tabloid press will increase. Absolute scum. 

Going on to Jack, I'd be disappointed if he left 10 months after signing a 5 year bumper contract and stating he was excited with the vision of the club. In that 10 months we have made real progress. Its not as if we have stalled, which might make him reconsider. We have made real strides. If @Fairy In Boots post is true, and he met Citeh pre Xmas, then that is 3 months after a new contract - that wouldn't look good at all. That being said, I can't see that being the case IMO. Hopefully his source has his wires crossed. 

I think the reason why people are more emotional on this transfer is because Jack is a Villa fan... he's the face of the club. He's the player our rebirth and rebuild is centred around. To lose that would be a hammer blow. He is probably the most marketable player in England now and quite rightly, we want him to stay and be part of our advancement. He's worth far more than £100m to us now.. i'd say double, taking into the image of him now and the possibilities that brings to the club. 

If he goes, he goes, the club survives and we move on and life continues... we've lost Platt and Yorke in the past and the sun still comes up the next morning. I did think after Jack's IG post yesterday that it was looking like he was staying... yet everyone seems to be on a downer today, which has soured my mood a bit! 

Regardless, we need to resolve it asap. Can't have this dragging on for another 7-10 days - the forum will be on fire! 

UTV

• Like 2

I just don't understand why he'd leave now, but stay last season. It makes no sense. Unless he was holding out for Man City and not United (which would be weird given that according to reputable sources aka teenagers on Twitter, he's a boyhood United fan).

Last season it was "my club, my city" and "once I heard the owners' plans, I had to stay" etc. Did the owners' plans change in 10 months? If anything, we should be right on track. Can't wrap my head around staying after we nearly got relegated and then leaving when we're perfectly poised for a European place.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Every club "taps up". We will have agreed terms with Buendia (and everyone else we sign) before we agreed a transfer fee. It's the done thing. Agents and intermediaries find out if a deal is desirable for the player and buying club. Then negotiations begin with the selling club. That much is fact. What is unclear is the presence or absence of a clause in Jack's case. I believe there's a good chance that there is a clause, or perhaps a gentleman's agreement. But that's just my own opinion, based upon the journalists I trust, as well as my intuition regarding Jack staying last summer

I would be very surprised, if there was not a clause.....as the threat of Jack leaving has been looming for some time....I kinda want to see and end to it, if I am being honest, its leaving me with a bad taste,now.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Release clause and Jack wants out - this would be over already

No release clause - no sale and this would be over already 

Release clause and Jack wants more wages - about where we are.

IMHO

Or Jack’s just been on holiday until this week

Just now, Keyblade said:

I just don't understand why he'd leave now, but stay last season. It makes no sense. Unless he was holding out for Man City and not United (which would be weird given that according to reputable sources aka teenagers on Twitter, he's a boyhood United fan).

Last season it was "my club, my city" and "once I heard the owners' plans, I had to stay" etc. Did the owners' plans change in 10 months? If anything, we should be right on track. Can't wrap my head around staying after we nearly got relegated and then leaving when we're perfectly poised for a European place.

Playing for England is notorious for this.....they have plenty of free time to talk with each other and for the green eyed monster to have his say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Couple of posters on here including dont do it Doug have posted in the last hour too things theyve been told and for me he has always been trustworthy 

I'm not saying he isn't trustworthy but he is going on info given to him and from what I've heard privately it just isn't correct. Again what I've heard may not be right

but I'm very confident he'll be here next season

1 minute ago, MellbergsBeard said:

If he signs a new contract and doesn’t get a new agent we will be doing this again every year until he moves.

I think that’ll happen whatever agent to be honest.  We have a player the media and agents think he is too good for us.

Edited by nick76

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Release clause and Jack wants out - this would be over already

No release clause - no sale and this would be over already 

Release clause and Jack wants more wages - about where we are.

IMHO

Why would city sign him early June and  pay him over £2m in wages for 2 months when he wouldn’t be with them and could get injured playing for England?   Makes sense to wait until start of august .

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Just a thought, but he's just spent a summer with less talented players (Mount, Chilwell, etc) who have won the Champions League! Might have made him think...

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Just now, MellbergsBeard said:

If he signs a new contract and doesn’t get a new agent we will be doing this again every year until he moves.

Its precisely my feelings......I would be inclined to say take the money and run.

We have some great youngsters coming up on the rails and Jack has missed large chunks of the last 2 seasons, how do we know his injuries might rear their ugly heads again.....cash in and jump off the carousel.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Playing for England is notorious for this.....they have plenty of free time to talk with each other and for the green eyed monster to have his say.

Indeed , it’s happened to us many times too . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would be very surprised, if there was not a clause.....as the threat of Jack leaving has been looming for some time....I kinda want to see and end to it, if I am being honest, its leaving me with a bad taste,now.

Its just the vacuum of this thread and Twitter. Stay away from those and you would be none the wiser apart from a few tabloid links. 

99% of what is said in here and on Twitter is just noise (I include myself in that!). 

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Same guy said last year "Jack to Man Utd 100% done". Proven bullshitter.

Ahhhh, is he the 'Jack's dad drunk at the races guy'?

I rest a little easier now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I know it’s not just football, but it’s just so tiresome.

I would say to Man City, show us the colour of your money or shut the **** up.....and declare the reaction to the press.

Right now, the club are caught in the headlights, I would like to see a strong response and more respect for the planning of our current campaign.

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just a thought, but he's just spent a summer with less talented players (Mount, Chilwell, etc) who have won the Champions League! Might have made him think...

The season before that he was watching Mount, who he son'd in the Championship the year before that, starring in the Champions League. Not to mention his own teammate Tammy Abraham starring alongside him. Yet he still signed that new contract.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

Â