The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The journalist admitted he had nothing new to add but wrote an entire fanfic about where Jack would feature in the team. Got called out and then admitted his July 16 article had more details. His use of advanced riled a lot of people up. 

Was his use of journalism that did it 😉

Why are so many of us defeatist and negative about everything? Even when we’re doing well and progressing?

Let’s see how things pan out and not be overly worried… a lot to look forward to this season and there will be more signings to come.

Jack is staying btw, why leave now when we are in our best position and healthiest state in years…

I leave for an hour and there's 170 posts in the thread to reload up. I'm convinced something has happened.

Nothing.

Go outside and enjoy the miserable weather, dark clouds, grey skies and rain. It's a happier place than this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think that's an air of romanticism unfortunately 

This idea that any achievement at man City would be meaningless carries no weight with me at all, I completely disagree with it, of course winning something with villa is better but with city he'd have the opportunity to win competitions were not even in and unfortunately despite our great owners  and progression we still look years away from being in 

Man City’s trophies are meaningless to us…Villa fans.

Jack winning trophies with them will be meaningless to Aston Villa.

His club….in his town.

Of course maybe that means nothing to him as a professional player and he is just the same as every other pro,I just hope this time is different.

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

😉

Stella are ruthless horrible organisation,, to them players are commodities to be traded and they don't care about legacy or support. In jacks ear will be "**** em" & "make your kids millionaires" 

I get grief on here, but what I know is as follows.  Before x-mas Jack, his dad, his agent & David Manasseh (Stella )  met Txiki &  Pep in London and talked about a deal, £300k p/w and Jack has a £100m buy out clause (we would value more but that's the clause, new contract doesn't have one) Villa only play left is to offer a contract but Villa don't know about how much city have offered so we will offer around 200k (he's on £150k p/w atm) our hands are tied on this they really are. It won't be on Villa if he does leave this is Camp Grealish and Stella.

Big question is will city spend £100m when they need a striker, I think they need to shift Fernandes or Sterling first to get Jack. Personally I'd say 80% he's off 20% stays and it will be next week not this week we get a resolution.

On Jack it's a lovely story and he has universal appeal that can help convert neutrals to Villa fans, but don't swallow this BS "it's my club" this is the third season this has happened and the third attempt to go or wangle better money.  Last year United baulked at £100m  they wanted to pay £65m but they had a £165k p/w deal on the table. We offered £150 p/w and a £100m release clause ( Grealish's camp insist on this) and we got a pic of him with his dog.  Loyalty is not part of this game anymore stop thinking it is 

You seem to be right about next week

3 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Would you call signing a new contract because the owners sold their ambitions and plans for the club to you and then leaving 12 months later honest then?

I’m really not sure what you mean by this.

He can’t leave without us agreeing to sell him.  This means we must accept a bid that comes in for him.  This is a bid that either meets our current valuation of him, or our valuation of him when he signed the new contract (in the form of a minimum fee release clause).  These are the only two scenarios in which he can leave.  Either way does not make him dishonest.

The only other thing Jack Grealish can do to force a move is to lay down his tools and refuse to play.  IF he does that, then that makes him a total prick.  

What he CAN’T do is say ‘I’m off to city.  See ya.’

IF we are offering him a new contract then there are only two reasons we are doing so.

1) we recognise his value, and wish to reward him to keep him happy

2) there is a clause (for example a minimum fee release clause) that we want to remove, and in return for that we are offering a better salary.

If it’s scenario 1, then we have nothing to worry about, if it’s scenario 2 then we’re in trouble.

He probably is going to have a chat about a new contract next week: his profile is increased following the Euros and he knows he's worth a bit more money per week now. I'd suggest that Emi will be doing the same following his showing for Argentina. 

This doesn't make them 'crunch talks'. Especially when we'll give both of them new bumper contracts without many questions. Boom. Job done. 

Can we just fast forward to the part where he signs the new contract and stop crapping ourselves?

Everyone saying we must agree to sell him so he will stay….

Yes of course that would be the case but the curveball is that there very probably is a RELEASE clause rendering our club powerless. It would be a straight decision from Jack. Thats where the worry comes from. 

I love being able to say Aston Villa have by far one of the very best players in the league

I loved seeing Villa beat the better teams last season and teams genuinely fearing us and knowing we’re only going to get better. The plaudits we got over the first half of the season was something I could get used to. 

It really feels like we’re well on our way back, but I just think this sets us back so much. Jack is the catalyst and our ticket to big things. City are a joke and have done this to us time and time again while their grubby little fans just rub their hands and laugh at us. We recruited well last season, they were all brilliant but lets not forget how the team performed when Jack was out. Sure we might get recruitment spot on again and actually do better than last season but thats by no means a given. Im praying for Jack to see the bigger picture and go with his heart.

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

If he does go personally I think he'll regret it. That said, we'll still be on the rise without him, shame if he doesn't want to be a part of it but if he doesn't then good luck to him.

He'll have been weighing this up like mad.  He's twenty-six in a few weeks, closer to thirty than twenty.  If he can 'only' help Villa climb towards titles without getting there himself, he'll be remembered as a club legend and a one-off individualist, but decades from now you'd have to doubt that word-of-mouth and 'Best of Jack' League match highlights vids will command awe in quite the way that a single photo or clip of Dennis Mortimer and co. making their way up to collect the European Cup in Rotterdam in '82 will likely still do.  Without either winning medals or turning in amazing performances on the losing side in 'classic' finals, he'll end up a cult hero; the perennial subject of 'What if' pub debates. The clock is getting bigger, or louder. (The prospect or non-prospect of a great run—meaning going deep, and with far greater personal involvement—with England in next year's World Cup, will be another influencing factor.)

Edited by deck
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

The meltdown and club v club posts on Twitter is embarrassing 

most of the time it's clubs calling us irrelevant and villa fans saying we're not

i don't know why they bite. a mate of mine does it without fail on FB. constantly bickering with fans trying to get a bite.

Â