The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It's hard because I'm not in that position and things maybe different but if I was I think I'd stay at Villa.  

Villa is like most on here a massive passion of mine and all I ever wanted to do as a kid is play for Villa.  Jack is doing that and it was his dream as well.  He's the star player in a team that is progressing, earning a phenomenal amount, massive media profile and international recognition...I just dont think I'd move to Man City...yes trophies I understand but playing for my passion of a boyhood club after 25 years of wanting it all my life (Jack's age) and then giving that up makes no sense to me.  If it wasnt a Villa fan like Jack, they'd be off quick smart obviously but that life he's had is all about Villa like us, to me it means he's staying.

I think that's an air of romanticism unfortunately 

This idea that any achievement at man City would be meaningless carries no weight with me at all, I completely disagree with it, of course winning something with villa is better but with city he'd have the opportunity to win competitions were not even in and unfortunately despite our great owners  and progression we still look years away from being in 

18 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Villatalk now in danger of all out civil war between the bedwetters and the guys who stuck the house on Grealish staying because they drank too much of the Trust The Project Kool-Aid is it

Excited Oh Yeah GIF

Edited by a m ole

Have we proof that city have put a bid in for him yet? 

If he goes, he goes, I love him and so does my Mrs now (that takes some doing!) I will be gutted but like the club will move on. 

We are totally a one man team with him so if the money we get from his sale makes us less of that and moves us forward so be it. 

Football is a short career and he's missed more and more with his dodgy shins recently so perhaps that could come into it (or he could fail a medical) 

He's been loyal to us and had to play alongside some real dross during his time so perhaps he wants to play with players on his level. Maybe he's waited long enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’s upset me tbf 😂 

was feeling good after yesterdays 👉🏻🦁👈🏻

How do you think I feel, I've got £125 on him staying! I ain't one for chasing losses, so what will be will be. 

(this post is not sponsored by SkyBet)

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Have we proof that city have put a bid in for him yet? 

If he goes, he goes, I love him and so does my Mrs now (that takes some doing!) I will be gutted but like the club will move on. 

We are totally a one man team with him so if the money we get from his sale makes us less of that and moves us forward so be it. 

Football is a short career and he's missed more and more with his dodgy shins recently so perhaps that could come into it (or he could fail a medical) 

He's been loyal to us and had to play alongside some real dross during his time so perhaps he wants to play with players on his level. Maybe he's waited long enough. 

Yep. Playing devils advocate. With his shins a move to a club where he doesn't play every week maybe appeals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How do you think I feel, I've got £125 on him staying! I ain't one for chasing losses, so what will be will be. 

Dougs here manipulating the market 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Dont worry, even if he wants to go I doubt he’d pass a medical. Imagine dropping an English record £100m on a bloke with crocked legs! 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think that's an air of romanticism unfortunately 

This idea that any achievement at man City would be meaningless carries no weight with me at all, I completely disagree with it, of course winning something with villa is better but with city he'd have the opportunity to win competitions were not even in and unfortunately despite our great owners  and progression we still look years away from being in 

I didn’t say anything at Man City would be meaningless.  I think winning trophies easily at Man City would be mean to him less than a career at Villa his boyhood club.  It may sound silly but Jack’s passion for Villa is the same as ours and I wouldn’t move to Man City in his position.  Obviously my life is different to his but I’ve sacrificed more money for my passions or what I’ve enjoyed or wanted to do and still been incredibly successful.  Jack has an advantage that there aren’t many better teams he can move to, obviously City being one but Villa are on the up and going places.

Anyway I’m bored of the Jack speculation so I’m leaving the thread and come back when he extends his contract with us.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why, what have you heard then?

Yeah it doesn't add up, Grealish has had issues with his shins for sometime now.

Hasn't he only ever played one full season ever, but yet someone is going to drop £100 million on him.

The other thing, isn't Grealish worth actually way more to Villa than £100 million, isn't £200 million + more accurate considering the ever-growing exposure and greater fanbase as a result.

Finally NSWE we keep hearing are no mugs, are they really going to let him move to another English club and a team we should have aspirations on catching in the next few years? Are they really happy to let Citeh weaken us by letting Grealish go.

I guess the next few days and weeks will define Aston Villa, I just wish we could get back to talking football.

I'll reiterate once more after the Instagram stories from Grealish and Mcginn yesterday I was adamant he was staying. Surely they know what they are doing!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Â