The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

But this isn't like Kane who's made it his life's goal to win trophies, all Grealish’s ambition has been to play for Villa and England.

Of all the places to go, that plastic toy box, deary me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I just hope that if/when he does go, no blame is targeted at Edens & Sawaris, Purslow or DS - this is on Team Grealish. If there is a clause, it’s because Grealish wanted it that way.

Yeah - remember when Delph signed his contract with a release clause in it there was uproar that the club had put the clause in (led by Stan Collymore IIRC). If there's a release clause in there it's because he wouldn't have signed a new contract without it.

• Like 1

If there is a clause we seriously need to look at how we do them. In Spain the release clauses are ridiculous in terms of how much it costs to trigger it, basically they will never be triggered. If Grealish is £100m then the contract he signed is pointless. He could sign a 10 year contract but the buy out clause pretty much makes it worthless!!

Edited by WHY

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

All Sam Lee is really saying is that as far as he is concerned, everything is sorted and unless Grealish u-turns the deal will go ahead. I don't know why he has felt the need to say this 50 million times and embarrass himself so publically in the way he has done, but as I understand it he is correct.

Sadly, I now believe there is a release clause after all, City have activated it, Grealish (or his agent) has agreed terms IF he is to move and his family have basically packed their bags. 

I have already moved on. If he does u-turn, then bonus. Otherwise good riddanceIf you don't wanna be here, laters. 

I thought you had said there was a clause    Just checked you believe there is one 👍

so do I or I don’t think city would have pursued this deal or that villa would have considered any offer 

2 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

But this isn't like Kane who's made it his life's goal to win trophies, all Grealish’s ambition has been to play for Villa and England.

Of all the places to go, that plastic toy box, deary me.

They're probably the only people who can afford him at the moment. But there's a reason for that—because they're a cheating shit club.

1 minute ago, WHY said:

If there is a clause we seriously need to look at how we do them. In Spain the release clauses are ridiculous in terms of how much it costs to trigger it, basically they will never be triggered. If Grealish is £100m then the contract he signed is pointless. He could sign a 10 year contract but the buy out clause pretty much makes it worthless!!

Probably the condition of him signing a new contract 

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

If this goes down it will be biggest heel turn since Stone Cold 2001 run.

Tbf it was the Rock who turned heel over chants

Don't think we've had "die Jackie die" yet thankfully, but if we ever do you can bet your monkey ass that the Jack will NEVER forget that

Just now, mjmooney said:

Wrong. Those guys were brought into the club as professional footballers, no more, no less. Jack is a born and bred Brummie, with the Villa since he was six. His whole family are Villa through and through. His great grandfather was a Villa skipper. 

Matt le Tissier stayed at Saints in the face of accusations of lacking ambition. Well, his club was never going to get anywhere, so his loyalty doubly laudable for me. But the 2021 Villa is very much on the up. It has never been better placed to go for glory in my long lifetime, let alone Jack's. THIS is the opportunity. Not selling out your roots to join a bunch of TV mercenaries and incurring the contempt of so many loyal Villa fans. Go, and you'll never be forgiven. Stay, and build a legend. 

Yeah remember my reasons as I explained werent the players as such but what has happened to football and footballers since.  I get the whole Villa lad playing for Villa thing but it wont hurt me as much as when I was younger even though, as I said, Jack is a much bigger star.  Maybe I'm just cynical.

Of course I dont want him to leave as I said and all the other stuff you said but I have no control.  I just dont think he's leaving and hence why maybe I'm not getting worked up about it and why I'm generally not on this thread.

He's doing everything we all wanted to do, I never grew up wanting to play for Villa and then move to another club and I think Jack is the same.  Maybe I dont live in reality but I dont think he's leaving.

19 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

If Kane stays at Spurs, Jack leaving will stink a lot more.

Especially when Kane actually came out and said what he did in May so Spurs fans were more resigned to losing him. 

I've never been 100% Jack's staying but was fairly confident he would because he has said so many times he loves this club and his message on our last home game of the season after beating Chelsea did not indicate that he was leaving us.

I also thought we'd be mad to include a release clause or for Grealish to insist on having one but I believe the only way this deal gets done is if there is one because we have already said he is not for sale. Whereas Levy would never, ever allow a key player like Kane to have a release clause. I really had hoped we'd moved away from shooting ourselves in the foot like this but it would appear we haven't if there is a clause. 

Just feels a big kick in the teeth and thoroughly depressing. The idea of a potential Bailey, Grealish, Buendia, Watkins link up next season was so exciting as well.

I think he'll probably be off. 

You can tell by his confidence that he feels he deserves to be doing it on the biggest stage and that won't have been helped by his best mates all winning trophies last season and then having a Summer with the England set up. He'll want to be doing that asap, not when/if Villa get there. 

I've always thought that if he played for any other club (with the socks, hair, face, whinging, flops) I would really dislike him. But he has been 'our' prick so it has been OK. Time to test the theory out. Is it reasonable to boo and clap at the same time?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If he moved to City unless he is clearly their best player, no one will care about his trophies. These days the only trophy that matters in the Ballon D'Or and you need to be the clear cut best player on your team to win that. And De Bruyne and Dias are too good for Grealish to be far and away the best player. 

Does anybody care about the Ballon D'Or anymore apart from the player or the player that comes second?  When I think of football, talk with my mates or down Villa park I dont think I've every talked about the Ballon D'Or.

It's all about League and European/Domestic trophies.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

I think he'll probably be off. 

You can tell by his confidence that he feels he deserves to be doing it on the biggest stage and that won't have been helped by his best mates all winning trophies last season and then having a Summer with the England set up. He'll want to be doing that asap, not when/if Villa get there. 

I've always thought that if he played for any other club (with the socks, hair, face, whinging, flops) I would really dislike him. But he has been 'our' prick so it has been OK. Time to test the theory out. Is it reasonable to boo and clap at the same time?

He's spent the whole summer talking to Chilloi about how amazing it is to win the Champions League...

• Like 1

Â