The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah he there maybe a clause but he wasnt sure.  Purslow denied that though and said we didnt have release clauses.  Cant find that quote either but I know he said it

we all remember this quote but it's impossible to find!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

this is it. no we're not getting relegated, or going bankrupt if he leaves. yes AVFC will continue if/when he goes. this is not what people are getting concerned about

many of us, me included, believe that with an elite player in our ranks, a player with abilities we simply do not have the clout to replace from the transfer market, we could achieve great things. break the top 6 this season and the top 4 the season after. it's not beyond the realms of possibility. leicester did it with less money and without a player of jack's ability. jack leaving will delay this, no question.

and i will 100% blame the owners for selling a player with 4 years on his contract. i'd reject any bid. i honestly don't see that jack would throw his toys out of the pram over it.

All about this infamous release clause.

I just hope that if/when he does go, no blame is targeted at Edens & Sawaris, Purslow or DS - this is on Team Grealish. If there is a clause, it’s because Grealish wanted it that way.

• Like 3

Just now, tomav84 said:

this is it. no we're not getting relegated, or going bankrupt if he leaves. yes AVFC will continue if/when he goes. this is not what people are getting concerned about

many of us, me included, believe that with an elite player in our ranks, a player with abilities we simply do not have the clout to replace from the transfer market, we could achieve great things. break the top 6 this season and the top 4 the season after. it's not beyond the realms of possibility. leicester did it with less money and without a player of jack's ability. jack leaving will delay this, no question.

and i will 100% blame the owners for selling a player with 4 years on his contract. i'd reject any bid. i honestly don't see that jack would throw his toys out of the pram over it.

I also dont get it......why? I dont get why this would happen, it makes no sense

Kane desperately wants out of Spurs but Levy is saying no and City have bid but not much speculation around that but Jack whose generally happy at Villa and our owners dont want or need to sell is definitely going, it makes not sense especially for anywhere around 100m.  It's all bizarre and I dont believe it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

If he goes maybe it will serve us right for the best song we can come up with for one of our best ever players is 'Suuuuuper, Super Jack.

That's a reason for leaving I can get behind. 

I can't even remember the last original player chant we had. We even had one for Tony f-ing Xia in the meantime. 

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah it wont hurt as much as Platt leaving in '91 when I was 14 and then Yorkie in '98 when I was 21.  Now i'm 44 years old and because the PL has destroyed a lot of what I loved about fairness in football and I'm older it wouldnt hurt so much even though Jack is a lot bigger talent.  I think also for decade or so Villa has been in a poor place season after season and I'm still getting used to optimism under the new ownership.  I honestly dont think Jack is going and yes I understand the reports and this dude Sam Lee who is supposed to be in the know but I wont believe it until I see it, I just dont think it's happening.  He either stays here and continues on his current contract or more likely signs a new contract with us.

If he does leave then I'll be bitterly disappointed obviously but my love of individuals players has died down a lot.  I'll be more disappointed how much it'll set back our project because we wont have that talisman, and attracting players of quality will be harder plus the additional commercial revenue being lost that we currently get because Jack's at the club. 

As for Jack, like any player at Villa I will support but if he goes, then he isnt a Villa player anymore and I wont care what he does in his career.  I'm not one of these fans that wishes players all the best and I think it's BS the phrase "wish him well", "follow his career", "he deserves the best stage", "he's given more than we could've expected"  that's all BS, we gave him as much as he gave us.  If he leaves that is over and I dont care what he does to be honest because it doesnt benefit the Villa (no bitterness just unless it's Villa I dont care).  I think the only thing he'll lose in my mind is the 'legend' status because he wont be eligible for it in my mind for a number of reasons.

You and I are the same age, give or take, so other things blunt the affects of football. Unfortunately its not for us to say how this will be taken.

I would say there is a lot more emotional interest invested in Jack which will come out in different ways.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He could also suffer a horrific injury at any point during any game and fail to return to anything like his recent form.

Moves to top clubs only come round every so often.  The only reason he ever leaves Villa is if he has an opportunity to move to one.  This doesn't mean he moves to Man City this summer but, if he does, it's pretty understandable.

That gets thrown around a lot that he could get an injury, but let's face it he's unlikely to get a serious injury, that's just rubbish that gets said to justify a move.

The fact is he doesn't need to move now, not when the club is really putting everything in to progressing as best it can to compete with the biggest teams in this country. Of course we're still some way off but that was always going to be the case and he knew that when he signed that deal last year.

Even Ashley Young gave us 5 seasons of strong performances in the top division (or 4 and a half if we're being pedantic). Jack has given us 2 and is supposed to be an extremely passionate fan who loves the Villa as much as the rest of us. And he's also here when we've arguably had the best owners in our history at a time when money has taken over (and pretty much ruined) the game and is absolutely essential to future success (and we finally have it in bundles).

I'm sorry I just don't accept him moving at this point and don't think I could forgive him for it. I sincerely hope he changes his mind, if indeed that's how far along we are with this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we all remember this quote but it's impossible to find!

I'm wondering if it was at one of the fans forum?  I wonder if any the mods who go know, remember?

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah he there maybe a clause but he wasnt sure.  Purslow denied that though and said we didnt have release clauses.  Cant find that quote either but I know he said it

Omar said that purslow quote was before Jack had signed a new deal 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm wondering if it was at one of the fans forum?  I wonder if any the mods who go know, remember?

i checked the first one post summer 2020 and all that was said was it was important we got jack and ty tied to long term deals. no mention of clause either way

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it was a fans forum but apparently there is a clause according to a lot of people including dont do it Doug and various others   Though I could get why villa would deny it anyway as it would be ludicrous to go public 

Edited by Eastie

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What the actual **** man :crylaugh: 

Footballers get a very short career and very few of them are blessed enough to be able to win major trophies.  Understandably, you've got a better chance at doing this (currently) at Man City rather than Aston Villa.

I imagine that Grealish is weighing up a once-in-a-career move versus trying to win something with his beloved club who are on the up yet still a long, long way behind the top teams.  It's a big call, to be fair.

If he moved to City unless he is clearly their best player, no one will care about his trophies. These days the only trophy that matters in the Ballon D'Or and you need to be the clear cut best player on your team to win that. And De Bruyne and Dias are too good for Grealish to be far and away the best player. 

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

That's a reason for leaving I can get behind. 

I can't even remember the last original player chant we had. We even had one for Tony f-ing Xia in the meantime. 

Dwight Yorke maybe?

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Omar said that purslow quote was before Jack had signed a new deal 

Not what I remember.  I remember Purslow saying there was a clause in his old contract but not in his new contract.

Just now, Eastie said:

I think it was a fans forum but apparently there is a clause according to a lot of people including dont do it Doug and various others 

I don’t know whether there’s a clause, that bit was just my opinion. I’d be shocked if they would sell him otherwise, for any price. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

If he moved to City unless he is clearly their best player, no one will care about his trophies. These days the only trophy that matters in the Ballon D'Or and you need to be the clear cut best player on your team to win that. And De Bruyne and Dias are too good for Grealish to be far and away the best player. 

He'll probably care about his trophies... 

Â