The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The club doesn't die if he leaves. It just makes it alot harder for us to ever challenge. Which is the point of him being signed, the same as Milner.

Hopefully it's done either way in the next 2 weeks and we can move on. If he goes you can't blame the owners. It will be Grealish's decision.

• Like 4

Just now, Pissflaps said:

The club doesn't die if he leaves. It just makes it alot harder for us to ever challenge. Which is the point of him being signed, the same as Milner.

Hopefully it's done either way in the next 2 weeks and we can move on. If he goes you can't blame the owners. It will be Grealish's decision.

2 weeks? 2 more days of this shit is enough. :D

• Like 1

villa on tour just tweeted a photo from last year of jack signing his contract with no words. weird one. wonder if he's developed a few contacts in the last couple of years. i know he's had VIP days at villa etc and is pals with the likes of luke roper and dan bardell

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

This will get nasty if he goes!

Far more emotion tied up in him than anyone else i can remember.

Nah it wont hurt as much as Platt leaving in '91 when I was 14 and then Yorkie in '98 when I was 21.  Now i'm 44 years old and because the PL has destroyed a lot of what I loved about fairness in football and I'm older it wouldnt hurt so much even though Jack is a lot bigger talent.  I think also for decade or so Villa has been in a poor place season after season and I'm still getting used to optimism under the new ownership.  I honestly dont think Jack is going and yes I understand the reports and this dude Sam Lee who is supposed to be in the know but I wont believe it until I see it, I just dont think it's happening.  He either stays here and continues on his current contract or more likely signs a new contract with us.

If he does leave then I'll be bitterly disappointed obviously but my love of individuals players has died down a lot.  I'll be more disappointed how much it'll set back our project because we wont have that talisman, and attracting players of quality will be harder plus the additional commercial revenue being lost that we currently get because Jack's at the club. 

As for Jack, like any player at Villa I will support but if he goes, then he isnt a Villa player anymore and I wont care what he does in his career.  I'm not one of these fans that wishes players all the best and I think it's BS the phrase "wish him well", "follow his career", "he deserves the best stage", "he's given more than we could've expected"  that's all BS, we gave him as much as he gave us.  If he leaves that is over and I dont care what he does to be honest because it doesnt benefit the Villa (no bitterness just unless it's Villa I dont care).  I think the only thing he'll lose in my mind is the 'legend' status because he wont be eligible for it in my mind for a number of reasons.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sure - but if he goes, we're not getting a player in who is as good as he is.

Main thing is we recruit quality players - with or without Jack the future is bright 

• Like 2

I think a lot of Villa fans (If he does ultimately go) cannot just comprehend or 'get' why he would want to leave as he has been here a long time, signed a new contract(Even though contracts are essentially meaningless a majority of the time in this sport), etc.

Jack is adored by all Villa fans and it will be somewhat emotional if he goes. But as others have stated, at the end of the day, Aston Villa was here as a club long before Jack was even born and will be here long after we are all gone.

Not the owners fault if he goes. Yes they can try to offer him an improved deal but I'm sure even still can't match up to what Man City can offer him.

If he goes, thanks Jack for your time at Villa and let's focus and cheer on the rest of the squad.

Edited by Big Salad

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think if a fee has been accepted he will leave. Football careers are short and you want to play at the highest level with and against the best players. If he goes I wouldn’t blame him tbh.

Why? We're not in the Championship any more. The club is at its highest point for a very, very long time and the future looks extremely promising.

I would seriously question his sanity and motives if he goes now. If we win something or become a real force at the top and he's not here to be part of it then I think he'll regret it. It would mean so much more doing it here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It is a bit typical Villa fan that we’ve spent most of Jack’s time at Villa worrying he would leave.

Modern football is transactional for everyone involved. Just enjoy players whilst we have them, move on when they leave. I mean Christ even Man Utd can’t always hold onto their stars. 

True, but then the Man Utd's have 7 or 8 'stars' , it doesn't matter too much if you loose 1 , and move another 1 in.

We have 1 'star' and I can't remember having had another one for the last 15 years.

Unfortunately if Jack were at another club right now do you think we could go out and buy him ?  

I think this is made all the worse because we all know football is all about money and has been a closed shop for the last 20 years or so. 

The only way we could realistically get a player of Jack's stature would be for us to bring them through the youth system - and that takes years.  

So now we have Jack, this type of player can help us bring others in, bring up the profile of the club etc.. So to lose him now will have far more of an effect than just what he does on the pitch.

Edited by richp999
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Just gone through all of Percys recent tweets and can't find anything on Jacks contract. I'm not saying there isn't a clause but just that it hasn't

been confirmed by any important party. It's all guesswork and rumours from sources that know nothing

It was from sept when Jack signed the contract 

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Nonsense. He’s an absolute star and gave us another year when we were nearly relegated!!!! A lot has changed in a year and he has progressed a lot. He is now an international star.

Everyone just stop with this hyperbole. We should be grateful he gave us another year when he didn’t have to. Of COURSE he wasn’t going to stay for another 5 years. The contract length is meaningless (I mean ffs if he stays he will be getting ANOTHER new contract).

”We are Aston Villa”. remember this means we are often relegation candidates and cannon fodder. Sure that seems to be progressively improving but a ‘middle-aged’ footballer can’t hang about waiting for us to become CL candidates again.  

Sorry that second line is just a load of rubbish.  We should be grateful hahaha rubbish

Such a bizarre take on it!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Nonsense. He’s an absolute star and gave us another year when we were nearly relegated!!!! A lot has changed in a year and he has progressed a lot. He is now an international star.

Everyone just stop with this hyperbole. We should be grateful he gave us another year when he didn’t have to. Of COURSE he wasn’t going to stay for another 5 years. The contract length is meaningless (I mean ffs if he stays he will be getting ANOTHER new contract).

”We are Aston Villa”. remember this means we are often relegation candidates and cannon fodder. Sure that seems to be progressively improving but a ‘middle-aged’ footballer can’t hang about waiting for us to become CL candidates again.  

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eastie said:

It was from sept when Jack signed the contract 

Yeah he there maybe a clause but he wasnt sure.  Purslow denied that though and said we didnt have release clauses.  Cant find that quote either but I know he said it

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

this is it. no we're not getting relegated, or going bankrupt if he leaves. yes AVFC will continue if/when he goes. this is not what people are getting concerned about

many of us, me included, believe that with an elite player in our ranks, a player with abilities we simply do not have the clout to replace from the transfer market, we could achieve great things. break the top 6 this season and the top 4 the season after. it's not beyond the realms of possibility. leicester did it with less money and without a player of jack's ability. jack leaving will delay this, no question.

and i will 100% blame the owners for selling a player with 4 years on his contract. i'd reject any bid. i honestly don't see that jack would throw his toys out of the pram over it.

15 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Just gone through all of Percys recent tweets and can't find anything on Jacks contract. I'm not saying there isn't a clause but just that it hasn't

been confirmed by any important party. It's all guesswork and rumours from sources that know nothing

Couple of posters on here including dont do it Doug have posted in the last hour too things theyve been told and for me he has always been trustworthy 

Â