The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Grealish is class but fans go on about him like he is Maradona. If he goes then **** him, we move on.

I agree. Obviously he is a fantastic player, but I really don't buy some fan's rhetoric that we will suddenly become relegation candidates because he's gone. Have brought in Buendia and looks decent will get Bailey. Nom reason to step up to the edge of a cliff if Jack goes imo.

• Like 1

It is a bit typical Villa fan that we’ve spent most of Jack’s time at Villa worrying he would leave.

Modern football is transactional for everyone involved. Just enjoy players whilst we have them, move on when they leave. I mean Christ even Man Utd can’t always hold onto their stars. 

• Like 2

Even if he goes the hysteria is childish, great player but Villa have won one trophy since Grealish was born, he hasnt been carrying Villa for decades the way people are overreacting

If he does I wont hold a grudge, disappointed but thats life

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

What has caused this latest bout of mass hysteria?

Is it just contagious?

the athletic saying the deal is at an advanced stage this morning

but not an exclusive, the info is nothing new, but the word 'advanced' has gotten a few of us a bit twitchy

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Don't get me wrong, I hope they fold tomorrow as much as anyone, but while they have oil money propping them up they'll be able to offer him more trophies and european football than we will, and he'll be able to play with some of the best players and coaches in the world.

The trade off he has to make is that those trophies and European matches will be won at a club that means nothing to him. 

Imagine if he went to Man City and we won the FA Cup and made the Champions League in the next couple of years. That would surely sting quite a bit 

Richest clubs or best teams maybe but not one of biggest clubs - they can’t even fill their ground on occasions 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

the athletic saying the deal is at an advanced stage this morning

but not an exclusive, the info is nothing new, but the word 'advanced' has gotten a few of us a bit twitchy

And the journalist has gone crazy on Twitter😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He's 25. He could still feasibly win many trophies if he went in, say, 2 years time. Not even in theory at his peak yet. And only signed his new deal 10 months ago.

Stop trying to justify this if it happens. It's a bullsh** move and completely not fair on our club.

Nonsense. He’s an absolute star and gave us another year when we were nearly relegated!!!! A lot has changed in a year and he has progressed a lot. He is now an international star.

Everyone just stop with this hyperbole. We should be grateful he gave us another year when he didn’t have to. Of COURSE he wasn’t going to stay for another 5 years. The contract length is meaningless (I mean ffs if he stays he will be getting ANOTHER new contract).

”We are Aston Villa”. remember this means we are often relegation candidates and cannon fodder. Sure that seems to be progressively improving but a ‘middle-aged’ footballer can’t hang about waiting for us to become CL candidates again.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I will be honest. If it were me in Jack's shoes, I think I would move to City... He's definitely given us a lot longer than anyone else would have done.

Of course and we've given him absolutely nothing and have not contributed anything to his development. Great post ..... with you all the way on that one !

Just now, Zatman said:

And the journalist has gone crazy on Twitter😂

He's a had a meltdown hasn't he 😂

From what I saw it's like a 20 tweet long thread that no one can reply to trying to explain what "advanced" actually means, why he can't say one way or another if the deal is a yes or a no, why he hates talking about transfers but journalists are forced to do it etc etc he doesn't sound a happy man 

Also sounds like the AVFC twitter dickhead, of which there are many, have been after him 

Â