The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If he does go personally I think he'll regret it. That said, we'll still be on the rise without him, shame if he doesn't want to be a part of it but if he doesn't then good luck to him.

Guardiola is probably the worst manager for his personality he doesn’t really like players who play like Jack and will make him robotic with his micro management 

• Like 2

I'm at the point where I don't even give a rat's ass anymore. If he goes he goes. If stays, he stays.

Just want something decided so fans and club alike can move on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What the actual **** man :crylaugh: 

Footballers get a very short career and very few of them are blessed enough to be able to win major trophies.  Understandably, you've got a better chance at doing this (currently) at Man City rather than Aston Villa.

I imagine that Grealish is weighing up a once-in-a-career move versus trying to win something with his beloved club who are on the up yet still a long, long way behind the top teams.  It's a big call, to be fair.

He's 25. He could still feasibly win many trophies if he went in, say, 2 years time. Not even in theory at his peak yet. And only signed his new deal 10 months ago.

Stop trying to justify this if it happens. It's a bullsh** move and completely not fair on our club.

• Like 4

Regarding the ground and shop and pictures of jack.

Was there Saturday in the shop....as you walk in there are three dummies in full kit....the middle was Grealish...just gone back to exchange something....it has now changed...cash Watkins beundia🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Make of it what you want...could be something...could be not.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If he does go personally I think he'll regret it. That said, we'll still be on the rise without him, shame if he doesn't want to be a part of it but if he doesn't then good luck to him.

Imagine how he'll feel looking on if we win a few trophies or make the Champions League during his career at another club. 

I'm certainly not wishing him any luck if he goes. It won't matter how much he loves the club, if it's his job to beat us he's the enemy. I'll be gutted if that's what eventuates while we're still on the up. 

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He's 25. He could still feasibly win many trophies if he went in, say, 2 years time. Not even in theory at his peak yet. And only signed his new deal 10 months ago.

Stop trying to justify this if it happens. It's a bullsh** move and completely not fair on our club.

Since when was football fair? 

Its not a bullshit move by any stretch 

It sadly just what football is 

Edit - if he moves!! At the moment it's like we're burying someone who hasn't even coughed yet let alone dead 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Guardiola is probably the worst manager for his personality he doesn’t really like players who play like Jack and will make him robotic with his micro management 

Not just that, I think that dressing room will be a big change for him and maybe not be that easy a place to be for him for a while. There'll be a ton more pressure and the culture of the club he's leaving is a world away from the one he will find. That's short term. Longer term, if Eden's and Sawiri's project with Smith really does keep on getting results at the pace it's gone so far, he might find himself losing some important games to us. 

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He could also suffer a horrific injury at any point during any game and fail to return to anything like his recent form.

Moves to top clubs only come round every so often.  The only reason he ever leaves Villa is if he has an opportunity to move to one.  This doesn't mean he moves to Man City this summer but, if he does, it's pretty understandable.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Grealish is class but fans go on about him like he is Maradona. If he goes then **** him, we move on.

I get your point but we rely on him so heavily, second half of last season being the evidence.

IF he was to leave we have to spend that money wisely to improve several areas of the team/squad or we could be in trouble (captain obvious, I know).

12 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Do you really think AVFC tell Jack what to post on his instagram? 

He's 100% behind the narrative. It's stemmed from his content. I don't begrudge him the move - it's a chance to win serious silverware and let's be honest, we, as a club are miles off. However he will need to own the backlash he will inevitably receive too. Not that I think he'll care.  

Yes of course. Sure he posts his own stuff but some of it comes from the club and his agent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Grealish is class but fans go on about him like he is Maradona. If he goes then **** him, we move on.

Sure - but if he goes, we're not getting a player in who is as good as he is.

5 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Was there Saturday in the shop....as you walk in there are three dummies in full kit....the middle was Grealish...just gone back to exchange something....it has now changed...cash Watkins beundia🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Got pics?

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Some guy posted a percy tweet yesterday on here where he said there was a substantial release clause 

Just gone through all of Percys recent tweets and can't find anything on Jacks contract. I'm not saying there isn't a clause but just that it hasn't

been confirmed by any important party. It's all guesswork and rumours from sources that know nothing

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

The person who bought that grealish shirt is going to be disappointed next week? 

• Haha 1

Â