The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So am I, but they recorded it in May. 

Genuinely hope some of you think I'm a bull artist in a few days time. Praying for it. But either way, que sera. 

You don't think they couldn't have recorded a new one without Grealish and Mings if they thought he would leave? 

It's swung back and forth a lot but people who post here who have no reason to lie  have said they've heard from close sources he's going, and the City writers and ITKs that have predicted movement soon do not appear to be as non-credible as some posters have wishfully projected them to be, so it's kind of reading between the lines (and the silence) a bit

Edited by Annoyman
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Of course he's a villa fan and always will be. If a villa fan works for AVFC in the accounts department and gets offered a job somewhere else and takes it they're still a villa fan after they leave.

There is a difference between playing for the club and working for the club. If he leaves, he loves what 1 mil more per year and a fake trophy more than the club. If that's the case he can **** off.

This isn't a case where him moving would help us and could justify the move. Him moving would be a crippling blow and could send us towards relegation. If he leaves he can **** off because he put the club in jeopardy. 

I personally don't think he will leave. But if he does then I'd rather he doesn't lie about being a fan. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

There is a difference between playing for the club and working for the club. If he leaves, he loves what 1 mil more per year and a fake trophy more than the club. If that's the case he can **** off.

This isn't a case where him moving would help us and could justify the move. Him moving would be a crippling blow and could send us towards relegation. If he leaves he can **** off because he put the club in jeopardy. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

You don't think they couldn't have recorded a new one without Grealish and Mings if they thought he would leave? 

I have no idea. I’ve got nothing riding on this little bit of info being legit, just passing it along.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Spoony said:

Wow there’s a lot of hyperbole in here. Is he meant to come out every time there’s a rumour and deny it? Do you think he’s the architect of this “my club” kind of rhetoric? Of course not! He’s our star. He’s a marketing tool. He just signs off on whatever shit they want to say about him to drum up support.

I won’t begrudge him leaving at all. He could go off and win trophies. He could actually become an England starter. He could make a bloody fortune. He could play in the champions league.

The world of football is bigger than just Villa. I don’t think anyone could fairly say leaving Villa doesn’t make him a Villa lad through and through. He clearly is. But he has one shot at a career and he can go off and fill his trophy cabinet. I’d like to think in his position I’d prefer to stay and become a club legend and get myself a statue, but he might have different goals.

If he leaves, that’s just how football is now and smaller teams aren’t allowed to do well. But good luck to him and let’s go spend some cash. If he stays, well of course that’d be amazing. 

Do you really think AVFC tell Jack what to post on his instagram? 

He's 100% behind the narrative. It's stemmed from his content. I don't begrudge him the move - it's a chance to win serious silverware and let's be honest, we, as a club are miles off. However he will need to own the backlash he will inevitably receive too. Not that I think he'll care.  

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So am I, but they recorded it in May. 

Genuinely hope some of you think I'm a bull artist in a few days time. Praying for it. But either way, que sera. 

Tough on all those who bought new shirts with his name on if he goes 

If Grealish goes I will still be proud to not be like them. Villa were the first footballing superpower and will always have some of the best footballing heritage of any club, whilst keeping the soul and spirit of football very much alive. A proper football club, if you like.

Man City will continue ruining football, whilst their plastic fans rub their hands in glee. They are sellouts, happy to lap up success at any cost, as if success is what football is about. Football is, to me, more about the emotions, the drama and the story rather than the trophies. It's the journey to winning that makes it special - if you join a superclub who will probably win something every year, is that really as satisfying as winning something for the first time in years with your boyhood club?

Is Jack really showing ambition if he leaves to join City, a club that has won countless trophies without him? Or would he be showing more ambition by staying at Villa and committing to the project we have to get us into the top 4? I would argue quite strongly for the latter.

The decision is seemingly in his hands now and whatever he chooses is on him. I don't blame NSWE, Purslow, Smith or anyone at Villa - there is no doubt they will have done all they can do to convince him to stay. That said, I won't hate Grealish if he goes - I'll be disappointed with him but a lot of footballers in his position would move.

Man City on the other hand can get in the sea, always buying our best players. You just have to laugh really. One day they'll get what they deserve.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have no idea. I’ve got nothing riding on this little bit of info being legit, just passing it along.

Is that the end of the daily reminders then?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What the actual **** man :crylaugh: 

Footballers get a very short career and very few of them are blessed enough to be able to win major trophies.  Understandably, you've got a better chance at doing this (currently) at Man City rather than Aston Villa.

I imagine that Grealish is weighing up a once-in-a-career move versus trying to win something with his beloved club who are on the up yet still a long, long way behind the top teams.  It's a big call, to be fair.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Man City ? One of the worlds biggest clubs ? They are 4th biggest club in Lancashire 🤣🤣🤣

Don't get me wrong, I hope they fold tomorrow as much as anyone, but while they have oil money propping them up they'll be able to offer him more trophies and european football than we will, and he'll be able to play with some of the best players and coaches in the world.

The trade off he has to make is that those trophies and European matches will be won at a club that means nothing to him. 

Imagine if he went to Man City and we won the FA Cup and made the Champions League in the next couple of years. That would surely sting quite a bit 

5 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

It's swung back and forth a lot but people who post here who have no reason to lie  have said they've heard from close sources he's going, and the City writers and ITKs that have predicted movement soon do not appear to be as non-credible as some posters have wishfully projected them to be, so it's kind of reading between the lines (and the silence) a bit

Lols.

58 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

All Sam Lee is really saying is that as far as he is concerned, everything is sorted and unless Grealish u-turns the deal will go ahead. I don't know why he has felt the need to say this 50 million times and embarrass himself so publically in the way he has done, but as I understand it he is correct.

Sadly, I now believe there is a release clause after all, City have activated it, Grealish (or his agent) has agreed terms IF he is to move and his family have basically packed their bags. 

I have already moved on. If he does u-turn, then bonus. Otherwise good riddanceIf you don't wanna be here, laters. 

Do I still get that pint? :(

20 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I haven't seen or heard anything from Percy on his contract. Where did you here this?

Some guy posted a percy tweet yesterday on here where he said there was a substantial release clause 

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

when was it edited? it could have been re edited, re recorded, and they chose to release it. if he leaves, there will be definite backlash towards the club admins

imagine how many grealish shirts were sold upon release of the video, to the point that they may need to offer refunds to placate people

Can the name transfer be removed and replaced with another or would it need to be a new shirt ? 

10 minutes ago, birdman said:

I expect Southgate has wormed his way into the Citeh deal and told Jack he'll start for England if he moves from Villa lol

That out house Southgate hasn’t helped our cause. If he had played him more during the summer it might have been enough for Grealish. Still baffled the amount of our own fans who backed Southgate!

• Like 1

Â