The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what makes you think he's going, out of curiosity?

If he is, we had better make some top signings asap!

Jack is too quiet.....He is one of us, and always will be, he is a Villa Fan and is sweating on the news breaking....The England thing has turned his head, imv as is always the case, he has been mixing with the big boys at big clubs, and they will be in his ear.

However, I am not convinced it will be all doom and gloom for us, but we need to recruit wisely.....I think we can plug some of the gaps and bring consistency to the team, wingers are great, but they don't provide consistency.

I am equally not so convinced, that all will work out at Man City to his liking apart from the wages, just intuition....it might start well, but will it end well?

It would be annoying to lose yet another player to a release clause. I swear players in England barely ever get sold to another English team due to release clauses getting triggered. But in recent history we've lost both Delph and Gueye to release clauses. 

But maybe that's just bias on my part and it happens all the time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm surprised by the lack of activity at our end then.

You'd think the club would be peddling hard to bring their first choices in, and of course the player / players to try and fill Jack's boots.

He hasn't left yet. There's still a contract on the table for him to sign. I suspect things have developed quickly over the last few days. Might explain the sudden push for Bailey (assuming that is legit)?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They really shouldn't! But I trust the guy who told me this to not bullshit me. His source is a family member.

I can't tell you how/what/who because it's traceable.

Of course things can change, but I would prepare yourselves mentally. I'll just be glad when it's over, either way, Villa as a club need to move forward asap. 

I think you are right.....I am preparing myself for what I think the outcome will be.

Just now, Rodders said:

anyone who gives Jack a hard time for deciding to leave needs to flush their head down the toilet tbf. 

Why? The club is finally on a really upward curve, with potential and he could be the best player to ever play for us. I’d have no shame about being gutted  and upset with him.

Seeing him in a city kit is a vomit inducing thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don't want to believe it but @dont_do_it_doug. definitely isn't on the wind up.

Personally, I'm over it. If he stays, he's the person I thought he was. If he goes, he's not. It's really that simple for me.

He won't be getting a second thought from me the moment he isn't playing in claret and blue.

sadly, me too.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

"My city, my club"

He's a young lad, is he supposed to get every statement he makes correct regardless of future decisions over the course of his future? He'll always be a villan at heart. If he leaves I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back either. 

football fans get so tribal sometimes. 

• Like 1

Sounds like he's going then, can't quite believe it to be honest. 

And anyone saying we should all wish him well, f*** off. He signed a new contract 5 years ago which we all thought was his commitment to us for at least 2-3 years (until his contract ran down). To leave less than 12 months later doesn't deserve respect.

And yet again those plastics over at Man City will be laughing at us as they steal another of our best players. Sick of it and sick of football.

so many family members apparently know the ins and outs of this. not questioning @dont_do_it_doug. 's source, but just last saturday a fella down the pub says his mate is a pal of jack's cousin and no way is he leaving. i took it with the smallest pinch of salt because i just don't see jack at a big family do discussing whether or not he's moving to city. i've never met him or any of his family so that's just my opinion, but i find it hard to believe these conversations happened. imagine how complicated the whole thing is? do you really bring family members into the equation complicating matters? some want you to move to play CL football, some want you to stay. it would be a nightmare for the lad

this time of year brings out the attention seeker in everyone, and i think a shred of what could be perceived as inside info makes people shout it from the rooftops.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

When you bought a house did you use a mortgage broker?
When you go to court do you use a lawyer?
Do you cut your own hair or use the services of someone who can do it for you? 

Because you could do all those things on your own if you really wanted to. 

Football agents are not leeches, they are just doing an agents job - get the best deal for everyone, including them. And if an agents bags a few million £ while doing so, well, the football club that hired their player must be happy to pay it. 

A hairdresser is not an agent, they are directly doing the job for you.  A lawyer or mortgage broker are offering expert knowledge that you can choose or not choose to utilise.

An agent is somebody who positions themselves between a transaction of two other parties and makes money from it.  So yeah, a leach.

• Like 2

Just strange that last season he said he was 100% after speaking to the owners and seeing what they wanted to build.

Now its im off and dont care about what villa are gonna do strange really if true.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Sounds like he's going then, can't quite believe it to be honest. 

And anyone saying we should all wish him well, f*** off. He signed a new contract 5 years ago which we all thought was his commitment to us for at least 2-3 years (until his contract ran down). To leave less than 12 months later doesn't deserve respect.

And yet again those plastics over at Man City will be laughing at us as they steal another of our best players. Sick of it and sick of football.

It's just a game pal.

• Like 2

As a born and bred Villa fan, of all the times to leave, this is the absolute worst time to do so. 

I always thought he'd go at some point though, our timelines just won't quite align, but I never thought it would be now.  I still don't. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I am however prepared for it.

• Like 1

Â