The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

All Sam Lee is really saying is that as far as he is concerned, everything is sorted and unless Grealish u-turns the deal will go ahead. I don't know why he has felt the need to say this 50 million times and embarrass himself so publically in the way he has done, but as I understand it he is correct.

Sadly, I now believe there is a release clause after all, City have activated it, Grealish (or his agent) has agreed terms IF he is to move and his family have basically packed their bags. 

I have already moved on. If he does u-turn, then bonus. Otherwise good riddanceIf you don't wanna be here, laters. 

When dont do it Doug speaks people take note 🤔

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

See, it seems like this isn't what's happening.  It seems like Sam Lee is saying that he's heard the deal is sorted in principle but that Grealish hasn't signed anything and that he may or may not sign (which is fairly obvious).  That isn't selling anything as fact - irrespective of the ways people wish to spin it - just that this is what he's heard.

That's fine. But then let's say I disagree with the spirit of what he's doing and have serious concerns about how anyone can call that 'journalism'.

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Are there any footballers that don’t have agents?  I just don’t see what the leaches offer.  If I was a player I’d say deal directly with me thanks, I’m capable of making my own mind up.

They probably need someone to look over the terms. But just a normal lawyer should probably work well enough.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

There might be nothing concrete to us, but behind the scenes, there might be.

If I was a betting man, I would say Jack is too quiet to sit on signing a new contract with us....its more about timing to release the bomb of him going.

sad, but thats football, I'm sure Norwich fans were pissed too.

PS I am gradually bracing myself for the bad news.

what makes you think he's going, out of curiosity?

If he is, we had better make some top signings asap!

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

When dont do it Doug speaks people take note 🤔

They really shouldn't! But I trust the guy who told me this to not bullshit me. His source is a family member.

I can't tell you how/what/who because it's traceable.

Of course things can change, but I would prepare yourselves mentally. I'll just be glad when it's over, either way, Villa as a club need to move forward asap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They really shouldn't! But I trust the guy who told me this to not bullshit me. His source is a family member.

Of course things can change, but I would prepare yourselves mentally. I'll just be glad when it's over, either way, Villa as a club need to move forward asap. 

Well that is sad to hear.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Are there any footballers that don’t have agents?  I just don’t see what the leaches offer.  If I was a player I’d say deal directly with me thanks, I’m capable of making my own mind up.

Agents are brilliant if you're a player. They'll bring them better deals, endorsements and insert clauses and stipulations that no player would think to do. Also, they play the media like fiddles, quash a load of bad press, arrange post-career punditry and media work, financial advice.....

Players love their agents.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If that’s the case then I think it’s time to delete my account, this is going to get really ugly.

Thank you for sharing though.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Kevin de Bruyne

The Premier leagues highest paid player 

Obviously he'll still need a lawyer to check the docs but I'd guess agents are the same anyway 

Whatever has or has not been agreed privately Villa would have to agree a fee unless there is a buy out clause. They have always said there isn't one.

If it turns out there is one NSWE would look a little stupid so I'll guess there indeed isn't one in place. NSWE have said he's not for sale and hopefully

that's where it ends

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

If that’s the case then I think it’s time to delete my account, this is going to get really ugly.

Thank you for sharing though.

Yeah haha, I’m leaving all Villa media outside the games for good.

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

All Sam Lee is really saying is that as far as he is concerned, everything is sorted and unless Grealish u-turns the deal will go ahead. I don't know why he has felt the need to say this 50 million times and embarrass himself so publically in the way he has done, but as I understand it he is correct.

Sadly, I now believe there is a release clause after all, City have activated it, Grealish (or his agent) has agreed terms IF he is to move and his family have basically packed their bags. 

I have already moved on. If he does u-turn, then bonus. Otherwise good riddanceIf you don't wanna be here, laters. 

So he has a release clause which city have activated... 

He's agreed terms with city...

Then he went on holiday to have a think about whether or not he actually wants to sign for them or stay with us?? 

Sorry mate but I'm struggling with that 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You'll find nobody happier than me if it turns out I've been had, but I can't see it.

I'm surprised by the lack of activity at our end then.

You'd think the club would be peddling hard to bring their first choices in, and of course the player / players to try and fill Jack's boots.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I’m not sure if it’s true or not but apparently Paul Scholes didn’t have an agent and just used his lawyer to sort out the legal stuff. I’m with you I don’t see the point in agents. They’re all very wealthy but seem to be petrified of missing out on another couple of quid in endorsements or whatever. The day they ditch agents will be a great day for football. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

So he has a release clause which city have activated... 

He's agreed terms with city...

Then he went on holiday to have a think about whether or not he actually wants to sign for them or stay with us?? 

Sorry mate but I'm struggling with that 

Agents agree terms. I don't know about the rest, it's second hand information so do with it what you will, but I expect it's a big decision for him?

45 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

When you bought a house did you use a mortgage broker?
When you go to court do you use a lawyer?
Do you cut your own hair or use the services of someone who can do it for you? 

Because you could do all those things on your own if you really wanted to. 

Football agents are not leeches, they are just doing an agents job - get the best deal for everyone, including them. And if an agents bags a few million £ while doing so, well, the football club that hired their player must be happy to pay it. 

Edited by Mic09

Â