The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Seriously? 'Put himself out there'? He's paid good bloody money to constantly feed the machine with half-baked rumours, ITK info and conjecture.

Don't try to make us feel sorry for these hacks please.

Feel sorry for him? I don't feel sorry for him and never said anyone should. 

I said fair play to him for fully putting himself out there. Not everyone is prepared to explain their stories. 

It's that level of confidence that worries me.

5 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Pretty clear he did!

Playing Devils advocate regards that Mahrez video-

Sam Lee said de Bruyne, Aguero and Fernandinho had a go/word at him. Now I'm no language expert but that accent giving him grief sounds very northern, to me sounds like Kyle Walker. So in the response to Sam Lee saying it was KDB, Aguero and Fernandinho, he is correct in his response to Sam Lee. And it sounds like he's giving him grief for not passing to what sounds like him saying 'my dad?!'

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Social media is a cesspit and abusing anyone is wrong. I just also think Lee is blowing smoke. 

Now some random South African outlet claims to have spoken to Jack’s agent and denies any contact with Pep. 

"I know how we calm this all down lads, we need to talk to an African publication.  Get me on the phone, pronto!"

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, blunther said:

You're right, and it has wound me up. And there's absolutely nothing concrete. Think I'm gonna bow out of this chat for a week. He either stays or goes, **** all any of us can do about it.

There might be nothing concrete to us, but behind the scenes, there might be.

If I was a betting man, I would say Jack is too quiet to sit on signing a new contract with us....its more about timing to release the bomb of him going.

sad, but thats football, I'm sure Norwich fans were pissed too.

PS I am gradually bracing myself for the bad news.

Edited by TRO

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

*Technically* he's still not for sale... 👀

Absolutely, until he's in the wrong shirt on the wrong pitch he's our captain. City have a lot of money and power int he game and are used to getting their own way, all the media noise from their perspective is a good way to build pressure on Jack and get his attention. It's them plainly saying that they want him and are prepared to pay for him. That does not however mean that they will get him or that he wants to go.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Absolutely, until he's in the wrong shirt on the wrong pitch he's our captain. City have a lot of money and power int he game and are used to getting their own way, all the media noise from their perspective is a good way to build pressure on Jack and get his attention. It's them plainly saying that they want him and are prepared to pay for him. That does not however mean that they will get him or that he wants to go.

Are you a journalist? 👀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Playing Devils advocate regards that Mahrez video-

Sam Lee said de Bruyne, Aguero and Fernandinho had a go/word at him. Now I'm no language expert but that accent giving him grief sounds very northern, to me sounds like Kyle Walker. So in the response to Sam Lee saying it was KDB, Aguero and Fernandinho, he is correct in his response to Sam Lee. And it sounds like he's giving him grief for not passing to what sounds like him saying 'my dad?!'

Sam Lee has been a reliable journalist for years and City dullards have slated him because of Mahrez's tweet. The video I posted lends credence to the idea of Mahrez being criticized by players and staff for dribbling, rather than passing, and I believe Lee's comments were well-sourced

All Sam Lee is really saying is that as far as he is concerned, everything is sorted and unless Grealish u-turns the deal will go ahead. I don't know why he has felt the need to say this 50 million times and embarrass himself so publically in the way he has done, but as I understand it he is correct.

Sadly, I now believe there is a release clause after all, City have activated it, Grealish (or his agent) has agreed terms IF he is to move and his family have basically packed their bags. 

I have already moved on. If he does u-turn, then bonus. Otherwise good riddanceIf you don't wanna be here, laters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Do you honestly think your salary dictates the amount of abuse that you’re entitled to receive? He’s just doing a job.

Please show me where I've stated that it's acceptable for someone to receive actual abuse?

If someone is making shit up and selling it as fact then I think it's perfectly fair for people to question him and call him out.

Abuse is a very strong word, bandied around constantly these days. If I were to jump on twitter (I don't have one) and tweet "Prove it because I think you're lying" @ some journo with a blue tick, does that constitute abuse? Would it justify them throwing a tantrum very publicly with a never-ending thread of messages moaning about what a difficult job he's got?

Edited by est1874

Just now, est1874 said:

Please show me where I've stated that it's acceptable for someone to receive abuse?

If someone is making shit up and selling it as fact then I think it's perfectly fair for people to question him and call him out.

Abuse is a very strong word, bandied around constantly these days. If I were to jump on twitter (I don't have one) and tweet "Prove it because I think you're lying" @ some journo with a blue tick, does that constitute abuse? Would it justify them throwing a tantrum very publicly with a never-ending thread of messages moaning about what a difficult job he's got?

See, it seems like this isn't what's happening.  It seems like Sam Lee is saying that he's heard the deal is sorted in principle but that Grealish hasn't signed anything and that he may or may not sign (which is fairly obvious).  That isn't selling anything as fact - irrespective of the ways people wish to spin it - just that this is what he's heard.

• Like 4

link

With Jack Grealish tipped for a big-money transfer to Manchester City in this window, his agent has told Soccer Laduma there has been no contact between the Aston Villa captain and Pep Guardiola.

The 25-year-old playmaker has enjoyed two remarkable seasons in the English top flight since Villa won promotion to the Premier League in 2019, contributing to 32 goals in 62 league matches overall. 

His smart ball-carrying ability and seemingly fearless attitude has impressed fans, not only in England but around the world, with several clubs now unsurprisingly credited with an interest in his signature. 

Premier League champions Manchester City are believed to be among them, with The Athletic reporting that the Citizens do not appear put off by his price tag, which is currently believed to sit at about £100 million (R2 billion).

The publication also suggested that the English giants would be willing to make moves for both Grealish and Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane should they raise enough funds, although it seems unlikely that City would splash upwards of £200 million (R4 billion) on two players in one window. 

Speaking briefly about his client's future, super-agent Jonathan Barnett told Soccer Laduma that Grealish "is under no pressure whatsoever" to get a move at this point in his career, amid suggestions the midfielder needs to take that crucial next step in joining a "big" club sooner rather than later. 

Barnett, who also represents the likes of Gareth Bale, Mason Mount and Luke Shaw, also insisted there has been no contact between the Three Lions attacker and City boss Guardiola due to the fact that Grealish is still a Villa player. 

The England star has amassed 213 appearances for the Birmingham-based club since his senior debut in 2014. 

Soccer Laduma which is the most random source Jack’s agent could speak with (allegedly). 

44 minutes ago, Thug said:

Jack needs to do what is best for Jack.

All this ‘dishonesty’ crap is bullshit.

If Jack wasn’t good enough for villa, we’d be selling him without giving two shits about him being a villa fan.  There’s probably a dozen villa fans we release from the academy every year - and you won’t even know their names.

Jacks priority list will be something like:

1. Win trophies with Villa

2. Win trophies with anyone

3. Win nothing

Anyone calling Jack dishonest needs to give their head a wobble.  IF he goes, we get a HUUGE transfer fee for him.  If he stays, then even better.

But he hasn’t let his contract run down, and walked away for free. There’s nothing dishonest here at all.  

I agree with all that....but equally we have a football team to develop, we need to move on, one way or the other.

Jack does have his business to sort out......but its holding up my priority, Aston Villa's team.

its the fannying around that peeves me.....we need to know the shape of our team going in to this season and pre-season we are always told is paramount.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Please show me where I've stated that it's acceptable for someone to receive actual abuse?

Your post that I quoted said about his salary, he is getting abused, not by everyone but by some. I don’t want to argue, let’s just agree to disagree?

Â