The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s Cherry Hill road and he hasn’t sold. 

Funnily enough I was cycling up there the other day and thought it was the most likely place for him to be. I'm sure various ex Birmingham pop stars live up there too.

This is just what I got told:

You ok buddy ? My estate agent friend has just sold jack Grealish’s house in Barnt Green… I’ll find out where he is moving too - Audley Edge ?
Definitely Man City.. according to estate agent ..
Darren M: All goo thanks mate
 You joking?
No serious
It could be gossip
And end up at a bigger club like Brighton
But house in BG is definitely sold ..
Darren M: I'm sure I heard his house was up for sale anyway but just to move somewhere else round here
 Maybe .. perhaps he’s moving closer to his drug dealer
Darren M: 😆

Perhaps the estate agent was lying about it being Jack's house then?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

As in never played at all, even at amateur level? I do see your point, just find it hard to believe how people can understand the ins and outs of the game without having played it.

It depends on what ins and outs you mean.

I feel confident having a debate with Dean Smith or any other manager on the game on matchday......I would feel totally lost at BMH and all the training and all the other behind the scenes work that goes on.....football as we know it covers a vast amount of factors, that only people in the industry would understand.....commenting on the game, is another matter....we are discerning fans, we do know a thing or two.

I once had an hours conversation (like I mentioned) with Tony Barton in a Hotel on the Hagley Rd after a pre season game.....I felt I held my own, but his indepth knowledge blew me away, he was complimenatry/ courteous to me on my input.

We fans can't know all the aspects, they cover in the course of their job......but on matchday, we do know a fair bit.

Graham Taylor once said to me....." you just see a small window" of the actual match......i said " but Graham, thats all we are privvy to, so that's all we can comment on".....he said " fair point "

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

One of the biggest clubs in the world...

They're a medium sized club, artificially bloated by the ill gotten gains of successive corrupt regimes. There's nothing special about them at all, and their house of cards is going to collapse soon if there's any justice.

Citeh being banned from European competition the summer Villa qualify would be some cosmic, karmic, restoring faith in the universe level event. 

Sadly the FA and UEFA are just as corrupt as the Sheikhs. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Even when someone offers you three hundred thousand pounds sterling a week for 5 years to work for around 20 hours each week whilst being pampered beyond your wildest dreams?

I don't care how much you love a club, that is a life decision for you and your family. I cannot stand it when the average person claims they would stand by their club when they have never and will never be presented with an offer of that amount of money. 

I admire and share your love of Aston Villa. But it is a much more complicated decision over the course of a lifetime than you're making it out to be. 

If it was 300k a week versus us paying him fifty grand a year then yeah, jump ship. But we'd be talking about paying him £50m over five years. Plus whatever he makes from image rights and stuff. whatever he chooses he'll probably end his career with nine figures, so yes in his situation I'd choose villa and retiring at 35 with £100m in the bank versus some plastic shite and £150m in the bank at the end. Not like he or his family will ever want for anything.

If he chooses to go elsewhere for £70m over five years rather than stay at 'his club' for £50m over five years then the 'my club, my home' bullshit was just that: bullshit. And that's fine, we'll survive if he goes, but we can all cut the Mr Aston Villa crap out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Graham Taylor once said to me....." you just see a small window" of the actual match......i said " but Graham, thats all we are privvy to, so that's all we can comment on".....he said " fair point "

"cuz he were good like that"

The League of Gentlemen - 10 Best Catchphrases - Set The Tape

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Funnily enough I was cycling up there the other day and thought it was the most likely place for him to be. I'm sure various ex Birmingham pop stars live up there too.

This is just what I got told:

Perhaps the estate agent was lying about it being Jack's house then?

Yeah, there's no way a footballer sells his house before a move and tells the estate agent it's because he's transferring to x other club. I wouldn't trust most estate agents I know to even be able to keep their own secrets.

• Like 4

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Most recent property sold on that street was in September 2020.

Top sleuthing. 

This is all getting worse than the plane spotting though. 

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Euros ended a while ago now, season starts in about 2 weeks. This needs to be squared away one way or the other. He needs to decide, now.

Yes if true there was an activation clause then hopefully it would have a date not exceeding July to be triggered - we certainly don’t want this dragging into the new season 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

It depends on what ins and outs you mean.

I feel confident having a debate with Dean Smith or any other manager on the game on matchday......I would feel totally lost at BMH and all the training and all the other behind the scenes work that goes on.....football as we know it covers a vast amount of factors, that only people in the industry would understand.....commenting on the game, is another matter....we are discerning fans, we do know a thing or two.

I once had an hours conversation (like I mentioned) with Tony Barton in a Hotel on the Hagley Rd after a pre season game.....I felt I held my own, but his indepth knowledge blew me away, he was complimenatry/ courteous to me on my input.

We fans can't know all the aspects, they cover in the course of their job......but on matchday, we do know a fair bit.

Yeah my mate who was at the baggies for 3 years and then the harriers says that once it becomes a job you'll never see football the same way ever again, it completely changes what it is 

I think theres a lot of naivety here as to what being a fan means in terms of his career and what signing for man city would mean and what man City are, the stuff about winning trophies with them would be meaningless... Utter bollocks

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Most recent property sold on that street was in September 2020.

Great, so he signed with them 10 months ago. I expect better from this club.

Everyone out. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I still don’t think he’ll leave but if he does, then my love of him will disappear overnight. He’ll have the same kind of status as someone like Barry (Gareth, not Fry) and I’ll join the thousands of fans that criticise him for being a greasy diving cheat.

He’s got the chance to be Villa’s greatest legend. I hope he can see that for what it is and make the right choice. 

I don't understand this line of thinking. If he didn't love Aston Villa, he'd have left last year, or the year before that, or the year before that. He's entering the peak of his playing career and is tempted to test himself against Europe's best teams on the big stage. If he goes, I will root for him because he's a true Villan, an amazing talent and a very likeable guy.

I'll be pissed off if he leaves and deeply disappointed, but I'll get over it and move on. Villa are back for good, with or without Jack Grealish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yeah, there's no way a footballer sells his house before a move and tells the estate agent it's because he's transferring to x other club. I wouldn't trust most estate agents I know to even be able to keep their own secrets.

Exactly.

Not like he would ‘need’ the money from that house to buy another, so why would he sell before confirming a move?

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

personally i think that there is interest from city, but i think sources claiming to be "done" are very premature and IMO, it's being done to create drama so that they can sell the stories as a "dramatic U turn" if he signs a new deal.

if percy or romano confirmed a bid had been made we wouldn't call them clickbait bollocks. we do however have reservations based on how the athletic stories are written that they very much cover all bases and it comes across as something written by one of the rags.

I'd call Romano clickbait bollocks. Because he is. Percy is the only T1 for Villa. Everyone else has no clue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Every club "taps up". We will have agreed terms with Buendia (and everyone else we sign) before we agreed a transfer fee. It's the done thing. Agents and intermediaries find out if a deal is desirable for the player and buying club. Then negotiations begin with the selling club. That much is fact. What is unclear is the presence or absence of a clause in Jack's case. I believe there's a good chance that there is a clause, or perhaps a gentleman's agreement. But that's just my own opinion, based upon the journalists I trust, as well as my intuition regarding Jack staying last summer

I'm not disputing that players agree terms first and then agree a fee with the parent club ... A team has to provide permission for a player to talk to another club with a view to a move. That's not saying agents don't find out if a player is sweet on a move behind the scenes etc but they wouldn't/shouldnt be doing full contract negotiations without the parent club knowing that's a fact. 

So, in terms of Jack unless we've given permission/agreed on a transfer, then Man City cant have offered Jack a contract/agreed a transfer deal. If we haven't given permission  then thats 'tapping up' and I don't see why we would have if we're planning on offering a new deal. 

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

"I can't be stringing them along, they have a season to take care of"

Or,  "Watch me make Man City look like words removed,  I was never moving but the rumours are funny as ****,  the Villa has more history than City before 1900,  never mind 1990 and I am not going to play against the Villa"

• Like 2

Â