The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Exactly this, which is what I was implying yesterday.  Either way, we need a speedy resolution before the season starts and not another “Yorke” situation. 

I think these clubs are winning the wearing down process...and Jack will lose support from Villa Fans, until he makes that call.....sign up or ship out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am beginning to share a similar view.

If Jack was in the crowd supporting Villa with his Dad and I was in shoes.....He would probably say, "if Tro wants to go, let him go, I'm tired of it"

Don’t go Tro , you are the bees knees mate - we will fight any bid from h&v for you - name your terms 🤣

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not sure, I understand that......What is you don't like? what they are saying or whose saying it?....How can an opinion be better than anyone elses?, an opinion is yours...its what you think.

Opinions can be strong or weak, depending on the recipients interpretation of them.....who they are only has a certain relevance, its what they say is relevant.( Managers talk tosh sometimes)

You don't have to have played the game to have an opinion on football......certain aspects of the game maybe, behind the scenes ,yes......but what goes on in a matchday game, can be just as well analysed by a discerning fan....some fans have watched the game all their lives and if they didn't know the game, now,  they have wasted a lot of money.

I would suspect a very well seasoned supporter, would have just as much knowledge of a game being played as a young player.....but all folk have varying levels of knowledge, players and fans.

i.e Trainspotters possibly know more about trains than Station masters......depending on what aspect of Locomotives we are talking about.

Ps Bertie Mee and Lawrie McMenemy, never even played the game and went on to manage at a high level...I don't think Gerard Houllier played either....so you don't have to have played the game, to know how it should be played.

As in never played at all, even at amateur level? I do see your point, just find it hard to believe how people can understand the ins and outs of the game without having played it.

12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Mate it’s fairly widely reported now That United were after him last summer.

Is the world you inhabit where everything you here has to be cast iron 100%? It’s changeable it’s the nature of the business 

You're the one who explicitly said it was 100% and pushed back hard against anyone that dared to challenge your fantasies.

I'll admit you've got a much better story this time....although you probably could have done better with it in a year.

• Like 2

There's no such thing as guaranteed success. And there's no guarantee that Grealish would thrive at that shithouse crooked club either. Pep would take away much of his creative freedom. He wouldnt be able to slow play down or keep the ball. He wouldn't be the main man. He would have to for as he's told. He wouldn't be particularly wealthier either, or any more likely to start for England.

I'm not naive enough to swallow all this "my club" shtick but it's true that Villa is 100% the best place for him. There is a definitive plan in place, centred around him, and he has the love and trust of multibillionaires who are proven winners.

Set against that is his agent. Like all agents, they're scumbags who want their pound of flesh. Not what's best for their clients.

One thing I don't get is, if there wasn't a clause in his previous contract why include one in his next one? It just weakens us. Seems unlikely. And if he refused to sign it, fine. Leave it as is. Why pay him loads more and risk losing him at any point. I don't believe it's that black and white if there is a clause. We'll see. I do know some of Jack's family (not closely) and I know how they'll be advising him, and how close he is to them.

Regardless. God speed the demise of Man City. Hurry up and throw the book at these words removed already.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think these clubs are winning the wearing down process...and Jack will lose support from Villa Fans, until he makes that call.....sign up or ship out.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Exactly . 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Yes, but you can't just repost a still. If you repost the club's video, the whole video would be on Jack's story timeline. To get the still requires a conscious decision to post that photo, and then tag the club (as it's not their original post).

Whenever I’ve reposted a video in a story it only shows whatever the selected still was.

It’s all noise anyway. Either way.

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

The longer this goes on, the less, I am caring....this is happening every year, we need to focus on our team...it is becoming a bit of a circus, to be honest and eventually it will impact on our other players.

£100+ mill is a huge amount of money....and spent wisely a lot can be done.

I don't have to remind myself....I am a Villa Fan first and a Jack Grealish fan second....and it will always be that way.

This is where I’m at - i was gutted when Gidman, Gray etc moved on but it is different with Jack as he’s one of us. 

If he does go then we move on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

If he stays then great. If he's off then he can do one. All the "My Club" stuff would have been nonsense all along and I'd sincerely hope he never wins a single trophy in his career.

Either way, VTID.

😆

I'm guessing you're on of those that boo'd Gareth Barry after giving us 12 years

• Like 1

I think his agent said at the end of last season "there are clubs interested so well see what happens, but it's also possible he could stay at Villa." so it makes sense that he's been shuttling back and forth between the two planting "deal nearly done" and "Grealish having second thoughts and expected to sign new contract" as appropriate to play the percentages and make sure both sides are offering as much as they possibly can

1 minute ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

😆

I'm guessing you're on of those that boo'd Gareth Barry after giving us 12 years

Nearly everybody turned on Barry when he went.  It's just been conveniently swept under the carpet now.

His first game back was a nasty affair (1-1 at VP iirc).

• Like 2

Just now, Annoyman said:

I think his agent said at the end of last season "there are clubs interested so well see what happens, but it's also possible he could stay at Villa." so it makes sense that he's been shuttling back and forth between the two planting "deal nearly done" and "Grealish having second thoughts and expected to sign new contract" as appropriate to play the percentages and make sure both sides are offering as much as they possibly can

Possibly so but we really don’t need this dragging on into august , this is Aston Villa not the Jack grealish show 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Didn't @Pissflapsconfirm that it was his boss (who happens to live next door to Jack) who sold his house?

Correct that is what my boss told me.

Again he could have been fed bullshit but he does live on the same road so who knows!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stephen_Evans said:

I can't really speak to the accuracy of what is reported.

But I do know this.  If I was in Jack's shoes then there would never be any speculation because I would have made it clear that I am a Villa player for as long as they want me.

I can't even pretend to be another club on a computer game! Football is Villa and Villa is football as far as I am concerned!  Keep your medals and trophies and give me the "go oooon" from the crowd as one of our players shapes to shoot and the roar when the ball hits the back of the net. 

Even when someone offers you three hundred thousand pounds sterling a week for 5 years to work for around 20 hours each week whilst being pampered beyond your wildest dreams?

I don't care how much you love a club, that is a life decision for you and your family. I cannot stand it when the average person claims they would stand by their club when they have never and will never be presented with an offer of that amount of money. 

I admire and share your love of Aston Villa. But it is a much more complicated decision over the course of a lifetime than you're making it out to be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â