The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Annoyman said:

He didn't have to sign the deal last summer at all and it was a little surprising that he did, so he held the cards and would potentially have had control over the release clause

People don't seem to be able to produce the exact quote about "no release clauses" to verify that it was after the new contract, and even if it was it doesn't necessarily mean it was true

i couldn't find it either. suspect it came from one of the FCG meetings rather than a press conference

54 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And also if he's really a fan, surely it'd mean more to go down as the greatest legend of all time than to be a bit-part member of a petro-dollar dickhead club just for the sake of a few trophies?

Every year that leach Barnett seems to spend at least 6 months in regular discussions with a club(s) about moving on (Man City the pick this year, Man U last year) basically talking through a deal in principle which is where all the leaks come from. Its all hypotheticals i imagine, if Jack wants to go, Villa might accept £x etc. he's want x wages etc. but its worrying that this is the 2nd season its happened. I too am in the camp that you tell the agent i'm going no-where (so don't be wasting your time) but agents are a law unto themselves (and i feel this one particularly) so whether Jack has told him to or not (who knows) I suppose will do his job in trying to present a attractive enough package to get Jack to jump ship.

The picture Jack painted of his agent coming up his house last year after he told him he was staying at Villa and being there or 5 hours talking it through with his family makes him sound like a persistent **** who wont take no for an answer (obviously idk but just my interpretation).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't believe the athletic one bit. However, I get the sense that Man City believe there is a clause and Jack has told them that he is open to the move. If there is a clause then we are screwed imo.

We know that Jack is social media savvy, and he'll also be acutely aware that fans are desperate for clues and indications as to what his future will be. 

Whilst he's been away he's actually posted very little. So do we think that Jack would troll the Villa fans with that particular picture, knowing full well how it would be interpreted?

And for those that say he's just reposting the club's media, that not the case. He took an image screenshot from the video that the club posted, and re-tagged the club into his story. I don't think he'd do that if he was off - he'd just stay quiet instead - as this would trash his relationship with the fans.

1 minute ago, Annoyman said:

He didn't have to sign the deal last summer at all and it was a little surprising that he did, so he held the cards and would potentially have had control over the release clause

People don't seem to be able to produce the exact quote about "no release clauses" to verify that it was after the new contract, and even if it was it doesn't necessarily mean it was true

I think Omar said the quote was before jacks new deal but as you say purslow is hardly going to go public when asked and say there is a release clause .

ultimately I don’t think city would have a hope in hell of villa selling Jack unless there was a clause they activated , otherwise surely we’d say not for sale at any price . 

Here's my thinking from what I know with some quite bit leaps of assumption.

I know he sold his house in Barnt Green fairly recently.

At the World Cup he did look a bit not himself. A bit pensive. As though something was weighing on his mind.

A few people have said that Man City were convinced the deal was done because they reserved a box for Grealish, which is something believable because it's something mundane they would have to do and someone wouldn't think of just making that up.

So I guess that just before the WC or during, Jack met City's reps and agreed terms in principle. It would also point to there being a release clause because if not, there would be endless speculation about bids and you'd have villa saying no straight away. Perhaps £100m is the wild figure no-one ever thought was realistic but has now turned out to be.

But as time has gone on and Jack has considered his options. 

According to Preece, NSWE decided to have a real good go at it this season and have decided to show Jack our ambition by going in for some big name players and exciting him into being the main man with Buendia, Bailey and potentially others to build a top 4 challenging side.

This with City's latest FFP troubles may have given Jack enough doubt about the move to have a real good think and then with the not meaningless IG posts by Jack and McGinn yesterday makes me think he'll meet Dean later this week and they'll work out a renumeration package close enough to City's for him to stay.

That's where I am anyway.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wouldn’t need to  be a relegation clause ,  there are also release clauses should clubs agree to activate a certain fee 

I do not even think a clause like that would be added.

Imagine that were having an amazing season and Jack signs a contract and a release clause of let's say 100m is added, it all looks mad doesn't it considering that Villa are on the up and Jack is happy to sign the new contract.

I mean it's not as if Villa last season was in a panic situation and needing to worry about Jack leaving, even Villas position was something to be over the moon about. 

Jack also signed that deal after already having a deal in place, it's not as if our Owners had to rush Jack on in because his current contract was over, he still had time and so did the club. It's just the club are deciding to give him a better deal and in turn it makes other existing players thing yeah Jack is really getting paid and I want some of that but to get it I need to get to Jack's level.

I spose there are tons of ways to look at all this but I don't believe there is anything in Jack's contract that any other Clubs can trigger unless we go down.

Purslow and other Chiefs have denied these claims as well have they not? Why is it people choose to not believe them when it comes straight from the horse's mouth.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

I think that would have been the compromise. From Grealish's point of view at the time i'm sure it was who gives a shit if there's a clause or not i'm committing to Villa but the agent would have said to him keep your options open...you don't know if Villa will have a shit season / a bigger club might come in next year / you dont have to leave if its activated its just their to protect you if you do etc. Now Man City have come along its the acid test.

• Like 1

All the evidence (or lack of) points to Jack staying for at least another season. Call me blinkered and unrealistic but trust Jack would love to play in front of a packed Holte End again. He'll do the right thing I'm sure and if not, well we'll just have to send Meatball round in his turkey outfit to sort him out! 

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so it sounds like you work in the industry hence your knowledge exceeds mine, but you can surely see why it triggers people? to say it's done bar the paperwork indicates that the deal is done and it's just a formality. yes i get that it's just his "sources" that have said that, but he's still putting his name to the article and if jack signs a new deal, it won't be his sources that get stick from fans...he knows full well what he's doing.

he's very dismissive of indications jack will sign a new deal, BTW

Of course I understand people will be triggered. In my personal opinion, Jack leaving would be an absolute disaster. But people were triggered when it was reported Delph, Milner, and many others were going, and claimed it was clickbait/ITK bollocks, etc. That's what happens when a journo reports news that is unpopular with your team's fans. People need to understand that these things aren't black and white. There clearly is something in the Jack to City link, as it'd be very easy for someone from any of the 3 camps to quash it otherwise. Hopefully Villa can convince Jack to stay on for at least another year, but even if we can, it doesn't mean there was nothing in the link

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

We know that Jack is social media savvy, and he'll also be acutely aware that fans are desperate for clues and indications as to what his future will be. 

Whilst he's been away he's actually posted very little. So do we think that Jack would troll the Villa fans with that particular picture, knowing full well how it would be interpreted?

And for those that say he's just reposting the club's media, that not the case. He took an image screenshot from the video that the club posted, and re-tagged the club into his story. I don't think he'd do that if he was off - he'd just stay quiet instead - as this would trash his relationship with the fans.

That’s how I saw it too , hopefully correct . 

8 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

To be fair, he didn’t. The club account chose that as the video still, which is what is shown when Jack(‘s Instagram account) reposted it in his story. It’s possible they didn’t even have a clue it was the chosen still as it auto-plays as soon as you scroll to it.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, darrenm said:

At the World Cup he did look a bit not himself. A bit pensive. As though something was weighing on his mind.

A few people have said that Man City were convinced the deal was done because they reserved a box for Grealish, which is something believable because it's something mundane they would have to do and someone wouldn't think of just making that up.

So I guess that just before the WC or during, Jack met City's reps and agreed terms in principle. It would also point to there being a release clause because if not, there would be endless speculation about bids and you'd have villa saying no straight away. Perhaps £100m is the wild figure no-one ever thought was realistic but has now turned out to be.

According to Preece, NSWE decided to have a real good go at it this season and have decided to show Jack our ambition by going in for some big name players and exciting him into being the main man with Buendia, Bailey and potentially others to build a top 4 challenging side.

This with City's latest FFP troubles may have given Jack enough doubt about the move to have a real good think and then with the not meaningless IG posts by Jack and McGinn yesterday makes me think he'll meet Dean later this week and they'll work out a renumeration package close enough to City's for him to stay.

Very good post mate , could well be right 

I also think Grealish will get a certain amount of undying hatred from the more bunny-boiler end of our support if he ever leaves Villa under any circumstances. Social media posts which were overwhelmingly likely to have not been made directly by him, or which would just be part of the usual churn of content being handled as business as usual until a deal is actually announced, are not going to be a coded sign that he is or isn't staying. If he goes and people have bought shirts or happily decided he was staying based on Instagram posts the club are just going to say "what were we going to do, tip out hand and scrub him out of everything before we knew a deal was definitely done just so people didn't get upset?"

If there's a release clause which I don think lol.

Let's say there is a 100m one, Villa Owners say here you are Jack 100m now sign for life lmao

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I thought this was roundly debunked as it was another house on the same street that was sold. Plus, he'd have no need to sell it as him and his father have an extensive portfolio of properties they rent. 

Coming back from a long injury and lack of match fitness? Seems fine in front of the camera though.

Not sure I have much of an opinion on this, but have you seen what a few people on here think?

No idea, but not many mentioning a release clause now (there was mention of it at the time he signed his contract, after nearly being relegated) - however both Purslow and Smith have said there's no clause, and rumours now seem to involve a bid. 

Just to add - if there is no release clause, Villa don't need to do anything for Jack to stay. He's under contract for the next 4 years. However, I understand you'll be referring to committing further with a new contract.

• Like 2

Wow, its getting a bit desperate on here!

Chances are Sam Lee is likely connected well enough to write his article citing insiders and good ITK's, and what he has written is very likely correct - Personal Terms agreed, Fee in principle agreed. He is also absolutely correct in saying that it might not happen as it down to Jack. Suck it up.

My take is there is a deal on the table: likely £300K p.w. (substantially more than Villa's £200K p.w.) and Jack also has the new contract from Villa. His agency will have arranged the deal, thats exactly their job, now Jack needs to come home, ground himself with his family and make a decision about his future and that might take one or two weeks. Its huge personal money (>£80m guaranteed with bonuses over 5 years), silverware and instant CL vs staying where his heart is for the chance of glory in maybe two years. Its likely very difficult, and if he was my son, and I dont like saying it, I would probably tell him to make the move in all honesty, it instantly delivers everything rather than the chance of it. He could easily be the next Beckham and have wealth and accolades beyond his dreams. But I can see its a massive wrench.

I really dont know which way it goes but can see it is very much 50/50 at the moment, I dont think who we sign makes any difference, in all honesty none are big enough to really turn your head, but they do paint a picture of progression, but is it enough? My final word is that if it was clear cut it would already be done, so there remains a chance, and also he is young enough to make the move next year for possibly more money especially as he will likely figure much more prominently at the World Cup which might not be lost on his agents.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

To be fair, he didn’t. The club account chose that as the video still, which is what is shown when Jack(‘s Instagram account) reposted it in his story. It’s possible they didn’t even have a clue it was the chosen still as it auto-plays as soon as you scroll to it.

Yes, but you can't just repost a still. If you repost the club's video, the whole video would be on Jack's story timeline. To get the still requires a conscious decision to post that photo, and then tag the club (as it's not their original post).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Has he?  That's the first time I've seen that mentioned?

Â