The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I know it’s not gregg Evans but my reply was in regards to paying for the athletic .

Why are villa refusing to do pre match and post match interviews in friendlies  , surely this situation j]has gone on long enough - a one line statement could kill all this speculation and the season in only just over 2 weeks away

I don't recall there ever being pre and post match interviews for summer friendlies.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I went to school with Sam, I did message him a few weeks ago as he’s been saying it’s “close” for a few weeks.

Was he a full of himself bellend then as well?

• Like 1

Jack is not for sale, have a nice day! 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's a big big no from me on the club releasing a statement commenting on media speculation, don't do it, it just opens the door to having to do it over and over again because the bullshit won't stop, it might settle some nerves but it won't stop the media printing whatever they want and people believing them

No other club does it either, no one comments on speculation, spurs haven't released a thing about Harry Kane and the £160m bid that wasn't true 

**** the media don't play the game with them, our owners don't need to do anything 

Yep and I'm reading the silence as a good thing. As far as I'm concerned... 

Jack is not for sale, have a nice day! 

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Sorry to cover old ground, but did we ever get final confirmation if there is a release clause in this current contract? If so, the "not for sale" narrative becomes irrelevant. 

This is the only thing that is worrying me. 

There have been statements from a number of (most likely bullshit but nonetheless numerous) sources that a fee has been agreed as a "clause" had been met. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Careful, you will be accused of having a small club mentality! ;)

That comment is small club mentality 😂

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Sorry to cover old ground, but did we ever get final confirmation if there is a release clause in this current contract? If so, the "not for sale" narrative becomes irrelevant. 

Not sure about any confirmation but my feeling is that if there is any release clause it would be a relegation one only.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

it's the £100m question.

If there is a release clause, and wants to leave, we're f***** and we'll get around £90-100m. 
If there isn't a release clause. and he wants to leave, we're probably f****** but we should get around £125-140m (closer to his market value). 
If there is/isn't a release clause and he wants to stay, happy f****** days. 

I'd actually be a lot happier if they'd bid £100m already and we'd rejected it. The 'potential' release clause is the absolute killer in all of this and probably only a handful of people in world football know if it exists and what that figure is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This is the only thing that is worrying me. 

There have been statements from a number of (most likely bullshit but nonetheless numerous) sources that a fee has been agreed as a "clause" had been met. 

if there was a clause i'd expect the deal to be already done IMO

holidays, euros etc hasn't stopped the sancho or white deals being completed. he'd have already been announced as a city player i reckon if there was a clause

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Probably the most frustrating part is even if Grealish does end up signing another new deal, we’re just going to replay this whole situation yet again next summer. I’ve tried to pay very little attention to this saga because for whatever reason I think he’ll stay but Christ this is getting tiresome now. 

If he was to stay and then we signed Bailey within these next couple weeks, wow what a statement that would be to everyone. 

If Grealish does end up leaving then this whole ambition/challenge for trophies aim this club currently has dies for me. However OTT that may sound. 

FFs you missed the January window of Grealish leaving and VT going crazy

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

if there was a clause i'd expect the deal to be already done IMO

holidays, euros etc hasn't stopped the sancho or white deals being completed. he'd have already been announced as a city player i reckon if there was a clause

Not really as there also needs to be a decision from the player. 

A fee in principle can be agreed on the basis of a clause being met. But if the player doesn't want to sign for the club then there's no deal. 

Either way I really hope something is sorted soon as the uncertainty is excruciating. 

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I know it’s not what we want but Sam Lee is a far more respected journo among City fans than say that waffle merchant Gregg Evans is to us. 

It’s not what we want to hear so we just instantly dismiss it all but fair enough he’s been quite open through this whole thing. 

I dunno. From reading City fans' comments on Bluemoon, I'd say he's viewed much more 'Gregg Evans' than 'John Percy'! 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agreed. But the point made was that our owners have wealth close to that of Man City. which I don't believe they do.

10-15bn (sources vary) vs 20bn odd. What difference does it make?

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Was he a full of himself bellend then as well?

Nope, he’s a good guy.

For what it’s worth, I think City have been in contact and Grealish is open to going. 

9 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Why even if there's a release clause it's only going to be something like if Villa get relegated or take a turn for the worst and head toward relegation.

No way is there going to be a release clause is Villa do a mid table finish we don't qualify for Europe, I just can't see any madness like that being added to Jack's contract.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, a-k said:

This place is mental. People are really taking some twitter talk as more revealing than Jack himself posting a fingers to ears?

To be fair that was him resharing an image that Villa posted. It's not like he chose to post that picture to make a statement. I think a lot is being read into it. 

Â