Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, magnkarl said:

The Atheltic is tosh, always has been. The article on how Man City will use Grealish is all but defamation, and probably pushed by City. A plastic club with money coming from death, destruction and serious human right abuses. I'd rather support my mother in law's boules team than dirty, plastic Man City.

Ugh! Lawn bowls only please - and make sure your whites are ironed with the creases in the correct places :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So much rubbish being written about Jack going to Man City at the moment. I can’t wait for the day his future is clarified and we can get on with the season. 

This. Fed up with the nonsense now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely Jack remembers what happened with Delph and Milner at City. He'll be lucky if he ends up on the bench and won't get the game time he needs to get up to speed. I believe that his and Ginny's posts were all but confirmation that he's staying put at his boyhood club. He'd get immense stick from his family if he were to go to City. He won't even get a better deal there. Our owners are just about as rich as theirs. We're on the up, while they're still trying to get their first CL trophy after spending a gazillion quid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Surely Jack remembers what happened with Delph and Milner at City. He'll be lucky if he ends up on the bench and won't get the game time he needs to get up to speed. I believe that his and Ginny's posts were all but confirmation that he's staying put at his boyhood club. He'd get immense stick from his family if he were to go to City. He won't even get a better deal there. Our owners are just about as rich as theirs. We're on the up, while they're still trying to get their first CL trophy after spending a gazillion quid.

Our owners are no where near as rich as Man City owners I'm afraid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Surely Jack remembers what happened with Delph and Milner at City. He'll be lucky if he ends up on the bench and won't get the game time he needs to get up to speed. I believe that his and Ginny's posts were all but confirmation that he's staying put at his boyhood club. He'd get immense stick from his family if he were to go to City. He won't even get a better deal there. Our owners are just about as rich as theirs. We're on the up, while they're still trying to get their first CL trophy after spending a gazillion quid.

Be real, it's a lot more likely to win something with Man CIty than it is with Villa atm. In 5 years or so (hopefully less) we might consistently compete with them.

Also Milner played a lot when he first got there, same as Barry. Jack's better. So 'lucky if he ends up on the bench'? You do not rate Jack?

All that being said, let's hope he stays because he is the absolute star here and would be a squad player with them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, hippo said:

Our owners are no where near as rich as Man City owners I'm afraid.

Still the third richest in the league, and plenty rich enough to compete if FFP does one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For someone who doesn't understand how FFP works. If we wanted to give Jack a £200k a week contract but Aston Villa as a football club can't facilitate that due to our relatively small turnover. Could Aston Villa pay him £100k pw but a separate business that NSWE owns pay him the additional £100k p/w? 

Or is that a big no no with FFP rules? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PieFacE said:

For someone who doesn't understand how FFP works. If we wanted to give Jack a £200k a week contract but Aston Villa as a football club can't facilitate that due to our relatively small turnover. Could Aston Villa pay him £100k pw but a separate business that NSWE owns pay him the additional £100k p/w? 

Or is that a big no no with FFP rules? 

Well he is employed by Aston Villa, so he couldn't receive half a wage from a separate company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AXD said:

Be real, it's a lot more likely to win something with Man CIty than it is with Villa atm. In 5 years or so (hopefully less) we might consistently compete with them.

Also Milner played a lot when he first got there, same as Barry. Jack's better. So 'lucky if he ends up on the bench'? You do not rate Jack?

All that being said, let's hope he stays because he is the absolute star here and would be a squad player with them.

I still think it ruined Milner’s career going there.  Yes he stockpiled a few trophies and played semi regularly but he had to completely change to fit them.  
 

The season before for us he became one of the best central attacking midfielders in the league, the absolute heartbeat of the team and racked up a ton of assists and fair few goals.  To my knowledge he never ever played there again after leaving us.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well he is employed by Aston Villa, so he couldn't receive half a wage from a separate company.

Well in this hypothetical scenario he would also be employed to the other company just not as a footballer. :trollface:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well he is employed by Aston Villa, so he couldn't receive half a wage from a separate company.

I'm sure man city and PSG owners do some sort of way around that, celebrity appearances, corporate events etc 

Wes could pay Jack a million quid to sing karaoke at mallorys birthday party or something 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, villa4europe said:

I'm sure man city and PSG owners do some sort of way around that, celebrity appearances, corporate events etc 

Wes could pay Jack a million quid to sing karaoke at mallorys birthday party or something 

Surely not on a weekly wage basis though?

Definitely keen to see the karaoke idea in action.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So much rubbish being written about Jack going to Man City at the moment. I can’t wait for the day his future is clarified and we can get on with the season. 

His future was clarified last season when he signed his contract then.

It wouldn't be frowned upon if we improved that contract, but the existing one still has about 4 years left still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

His future was clarified last season when he signed his contract then.

It wouldn't be frowned upon if we improved that contract, but the existing one still has about 4 years left still.

I know but with the speculation, it wouldn’t do any harm for someone at Villa to put and end to it soon and confirm he’s not for sale and happy at Villa. Maybe we’ll get that once he’s back, and it sounds like he might be offered an improved contract. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Cheeky backhander to Jack off the books is easily done but dont think he’d need all that. Comes across as genuine to me, not a money grabber. Think he’ll have too much respect for Nas & Wes to have to be “convinced” again after signing his last deal. The new contract is to reward him also, for playing with distinction for their club. We know he’s the owners favourite and they will do all they can for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Surely not on a weekly wage basis though?

Definitely keen to see the karaoke idea in action.

Nah just a lump sum completely away from football

They open a new shopping centre in Abu Dhabi and there's Kevin de Bruyne making an appearance, the shopping centre pays him a few hundred thousand, the fact that the shopping centre has ties to man city's owners is lost 

Pure speculation from me but I'm sure they've done that to chuck in some bonuses 

Same as they can give them a free car and house and various other little gifts of which a fraction will be declared 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â