The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So much rubbish being written about Jack going to Man City at the moment. I can’t wait for the day his future is clarified and we can get on with the season. 

This. Fed up with the nonsense now.

• Like 1

Surely Jack remembers what happened with Delph and Milner at City. He'll be lucky if he ends up on the bench and won't get the game time he needs to get up to speed. I believe that his and Ginny's posts were all but confirmation that he's staying put at his boyhood club. He'd get immense stick from his family if he were to go to City. He won't even get a better deal there. Our owners are just about as rich as theirs. We're on the up, while they're still trying to get their first CL trophy after spending a gazillion quid.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Surely Jack remembers what happened with Delph and Milner at City. He'll be lucky if he ends up on the bench and won't get the game time he needs to get up to speed. I believe that his and Ginny's posts were all but confirmation that he's staying put at his boyhood club. He'd get immense stick from his family if he were to go to City. He won't even get a better deal there. Our owners are just about as rich as theirs. We're on the up, while they're still trying to get their first CL trophy after spending a gazillion quid.

Our owners are no where near as rich as Man City owners I'm afraid.

28 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Be real, it's a lot more likely to win something with Man CIty than it is with Villa atm. In 5 years or so (hopefully less) we might consistently compete with them.

Also Milner played a lot when he first got there, same as Barry. Jack's better. So 'lucky if he ends up on the bench'? You do not rate Jack?

All that being said, let's hope he stays because he is the absolute star here and would be a squad player with them.

• Like 1

For someone who doesn't understand how FFP works. If we wanted to give Jack a £200k a week contract but Aston Villa as a football club can't facilitate that due to our relatively small turnover. Could Aston Villa pay him £100k pw but a separate business that NSWE owns pay him the additional £100k p/w? 

Or is that a big no no with FFP rules? 

Just now, PieFacE said:

For someone who doesn't understand how FFP works. If we wanted to give Jack a £200k a week contract but Aston Villa as a football club can't facilitate that due to our relatively small turnover. Could Aston Villa pay him £100k pw but a separate business that NSWE owns pay him the additional £100k p/w? 

Or is that a big no no with FFP rules? 

Well he is employed by Aston Villa, so he couldn't receive half a wage from a separate company.

13 minutes ago, AXD said:

Be real, it's a lot more likely to win something with Man CIty than it is with Villa atm. In 5 years or so (hopefully less) we might consistently compete with them.

Also Milner played a lot when he first got there, same as Barry. Jack's better. So 'lucky if he ends up on the bench'? You do not rate Jack?

All that being said, let's hope he stays because he is the absolute star here and would be a squad player with them.

I still think it ruined Milner’s career going there.  Yes he stockpiled a few trophies and played semi regularly but he had to completely change to fit them.  

The season before for us he became one of the best central attacking midfielders in the league, the absolute heartbeat of the team and racked up a ton of assists and fair few goals.  To my knowledge he never ever played there again after leaving us.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well he is employed by Aston Villa, so he couldn't receive half a wage from a separate company.

Well in this hypothetical scenario he would also be employed to the other company just not as a footballer. :trollface:

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'm sure man city and PSG owners do some sort of way around that, celebrity appearances, corporate events etc 

Wes could pay Jack a million quid to sing karaoke at mallorys birthday party or something 

Just now, villa4europe said:

I'm sure man city and PSG owners do some sort of way around that, celebrity appearances, corporate events etc 

Wes could pay Jack a million quid to sing karaoke at mallorys birthday party or something 

Surely not on a weekly wage basis though?

Definitely keen to see the karaoke idea in action.

58 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So much rubbish being written about Jack going to Man City at the moment. I can’t wait for the day his future is clarified and we can get on with the season. 

His future was clarified last season when he signed his contract then.

It wouldn't be frowned upon if we improved that contract, but the existing one still has about 4 years left still.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

His future was clarified last season when he signed his contract then.

It wouldn't be frowned upon if we improved that contract, but the existing one still has about 4 years left still.

I know but with the speculation, it wouldn’t do any harm for someone at Villa to put and end to it soon and confirm he’s not for sale and happy at Villa. Maybe we’ll get that once he’s back, and it sounds like he might be offered an improved contract. 

• Like 1

Cheeky backhander to Jack off the books is easily done but dont think he’d need all that. Comes across as genuine to me, not a money grabber. Think he’ll have too much respect for Nas & Wes to have to be “convinced” again after signing his last deal. The new contract is to reward him also, for playing with distinction for their club. We know he’s the owners favourite and they will do all they can for him.

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Surely not on a weekly wage basis though?

Definitely keen to see the karaoke idea in action.

Nah just a lump sum completely away from football

They open a new shopping centre in Abu Dhabi and there's Kevin de Bruyne making an appearance, the shopping centre pays him a few hundred thousand, the fact that the shopping centre has ties to man city's owners is lost 

Pure speculation from me but I'm sure they've done that to chuck in some bonuses 

Same as they can give them a free car and house and various other little gifts of which a fraction will be declared 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Nah just a lump sum completely away from football

They open a new shopping centre in Abu Dhabi and there's Kevin de Bruyne making an appearance, the shopping centre pays him a few hundred thousand, the fact that the shopping centre has ties to man city's owners is lost 

Pure speculation from me but I'm sure they've done that to chuck in some bonuses 

Same as they can give them a free car and house and various other little gifts of which a fraction will be declared 

Yeah, I understand and can go along with that.

Splitting his £200k p/w Aston Villa wage across 2 separate companies--not so much.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah you can have as many jobs as you like.

He would maybe get a nice sponsorship deal from addidas worth 100k a week,only payable whilst he plays for villa - or something similar.

Or work as a football advisor to nas   on a football project in Egypt..  nas can pay him whatever he likes.

I do think ffp would consider this flouting the rules- whether it breaks them or not is another matter.

The best bet would be an addidas sponsorship - would be a good way to use nas ' stake in the company. 

If we suddenly see him in loads of addidas adverts and on billboards, you know what's going on! 

Edited by richp999

Â