The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Abu Dhabi doesn’t stone people as a punishment.

Abu Dhabi isn't a country and there appear to be multiple articles about stoning verdicts in the UAE just in the last couple of days. 

• Thanks 1

There’s an article on The Athletic this morning, so disrespectful, all about where he will be used at City. It’s literally written as if he’s alreadyet signed. One sentence right at the end of an in depth refers to the fact that they haven’t ‘completed’ the deal. 

Meanwhile Gregg Evans has written two completely negative articles re Villa. One about Wesley, one about Terry leaving.

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I remember this thread being created by Kevan. It was fairly unusual at the time because youth team players didn't get their own threads.

Now most kids who are in the U23's have a thread with at least a couple of pages, but I seem to remember it wasn't done often on VT when Jack's was started. Apart from Ethan Moore eh @sir_gary_cahill ;)

You can always rely on me! :) He doesn’t play anymore :( they all are SGC, they all are!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Abu Dhabi isn't a country and there appear to be multiple articles about stoning verdicts in the UAE just in the last couple of days. 

The different Emirates are essentially run as separate countries with different legal systems. The ‘regime’ running Man City come from the Abu Dhabi Emirate which as far as I can see have not carried out an execution by stoning.  

IF Grealish leaves. A big IF. I wonder who the club will target with the money? 

Players like JWP/McNeil spring to mind but would they want to join? Saint Maximim?

Obviously he’s staying but it’s a conversation starter at least 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The different Emirates are essentially run as separate countries with different legal systems. The ‘regime’ running Man City come from the Abu Dhabi Emirate which as far as I can see have not carried out an execution by stoning.  

Yeah, I get that. I must admit I have no idea if Abu Dhabi specifically carries out stonings, but considering both presidents of the UAE have been from Abu Dhabi (father and brother of the Man City owner) I don't think it's that unfair to link them to practices that go on in the country they rule.

The same way America still has the death penalty, even if a good number of states don't.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Players like JWP/McNeil spring to mind but would they want to join? Saint Maximim?

Happy Premier League GIF by Prime Video

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yeah, I get that. I must admit I have no idea if Abu Dhabi specifically carries out stonings, but considering both presidents of the UAE have been from Abu Dhabi (father and brother of the Man City owner) I don't think it's that unfair to link them to practices that go on in the country they rule.

The same way America still has the death penalty, even if a good number of states don't.

No one gets put to death by stoning in the UAE, that’s Iran. Use of torture is routine in UAE custody though, and they’ve done some absolutely horrific things to locals in Yemen. 

I wouldn’t want to take their money. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Careful, you will be accused of having a small club mentality! ;)

39 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Not to derail the thread, but I live in the UAE and stoning is not a punishment for any crime here. The "crime" of homosexuality is not enforced and thankfully will soon be scrapped all together. 

It would be pretty tragic if Jack did decide to leave now just as we seem to be getting our act together. He could have a god-like Totti status here and be remembered for generations to come. But, if he decides to leave now I speculate he will be remembered in a similar way to Gareth Barry. 

The Atheltic is tosh, always has been. The article on how Man City will use Grealish is all but defamation, and probably pushed by City. A plastic club with money coming from death, destruction and serious human right abuses. I'd rather support my mother in law's boules team than dirty, plastic Man City.

Just now, magnkarl said:

The Atheltic is tosh, always has been. The article on how Man City will use Grealish is all but defamation, and probably pushed by City. A plastic club with money coming from death, destruction and serious human right abuses. I'd rather support my mother in law's boules team than dirty, plastic Man City.

Ugh! Lawn bowls only please - and make sure your whites are ironed with the creases in the correct places :D

Â