The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Yesterday, he was odds on to stay and evens to go to City.

He's now odds on to go to City.

I hope this movement is due to bets placed after Jeremy-gate and not because the bookies know something.

All odds in this market is purely driven by the punters. If he’s now more likely to join Man City, that’s purely because people have put money on it, rather than insider information. 

He’s staying, and I can’t wait for this thread to be worthwhile visiting again. It’s been a nightmare the last couple of months, with the Euros and these links. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

All he's done is reposted the image from the club's official instagram page posted today because it's one year to the day that we drew with West Ham to survive on the last day of the season which is when Grealish made that pose after the game. I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with him staying.

Let’s just say it would be an undiplomatic move, if his intention was to leave. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Posts that Instagram story yet the odds have gone from 8/13 to 11/8 to stay. Someone’s putting money on City…

Odds on him to join City have drifted since yesterday into 4/7. I try not to read into it too much and would like to think their odds are mostly influenced by the masses who are putting their money on Jack leaving. Said masses are influenced by the likes of Talksport who like to drive the narrative that he can only have a successful/fulfilling career at a ESL club.

Note to self: Stop looking at transfer odds

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

All odds in this market is purely driven by the punters. If he’s now more likely to join Man City, that’s purely because people have put money on it, rather than insider information. 

He’s staying, and I can’t wait for this thread to be worthwhile visiting again. It’s been a nightmare the last couple of months, with the Euros and these links. 

Exactly, and it's also worth noting that the market is very small in comparison to match day odds and the like. Doesn't make much money to move the odds significantly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Exactly, and it's also worth noting that the market is very small in comparison to match day odds and the like. Doesn't make much money to move the odds significantly.

Can we pin this at the top of every page for when the betting odds conversation inevitably gets mentioned?

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

All he's done is reposted the image from the club's official instagram page posted today because it's one year to the day that we drew with West Ham to survive on the last day of the season which is when Grealish made that pose after the game. I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with him staying.

I think the way we talk about him like he’s a moron is a bit odd, myself. He knows precisely what he’s doing. He’s in complete control of every aspect of his life (occasional sesh aside!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think the way we talk about him like he’s a moron is a bit odd, myself. He knows precisely what he’s doing. He’s in complete control of every aspect of his life (occasional sesh aside!)

The fact that the thumbnail is that iconic photo of Jack is no accident. Nothing is done in silos between the social media team and players. They know what it means and what fans will say. 

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Birmingham Mail right now creating content around the Jack photo

Cat Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Grealish in SHOCK transfer decision.

Grealish took to instagram in defiance by putting a picture in his stories.

Edited by Jono62
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Just to clarify, he's actually taken a screenshot of the opening seconds of the video posted on the AVFC main Instagram page.

So he's not just reposted anything, but has actually created his own post from the original media.

Whilst certainly not a long task, it's a post that was deliberate and intended to look exactly how it looks.

Was it definitely posted by him today? Not just an old post?

Don't have Instagram, nor do I know how I works.

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The fact that the thumbnail is that iconic photo of Jack is no accident. Nothing is done in silos between the social media team and players. They know what it means and what fans will say. 

It’s not something I’d expect someone to post if about to leave for another club , I think this is a positive 👍

Even if Jack had no idea what he has done, his friends, agent, and possibly social media team will definitely know and will have told him, if not authorised prior to him posting.

id be surprised if he didn’t know. 

13 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Grealish in SHOCK transfer decision.

Grealish took to instagram in defiance by putting a picture in his stories.

"You won't believe what Jack Grealish has posted (through a letterbox) as Man City admit they've done a U turn (at the service station) meanwhile Dean Smith considering his options (at the pub). Blah blah blah... 

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm not on Insta. Why is everyone up in arms?

Jack has put up a picture of him with his fingers out of his ears suggesting he is now listening about a move rather than last years fingers in his ears suggesting he was not listening to such talk 

• Haha 1

Â