The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

45 minutes ago, calcifer said:

He might have already agreed terms with City, but also is having second thoughts,  also he may have had a new contract offer from Villa, that City have doubled.... basically no ones knows and everyone is in a panic over some 'reports' from a  wannabe 'ITK'

Don't forget someone said that all the Grealish advertising has been taken down from the club shop which means he must be going, because that is the first thing that would happen if he was to leave... Same person failed to take a photo of the club shop to provide any evidence and as far as I can tell no one has checked if this is true by going in and looking.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Don't forget someone said that all the Grealish advertising has been taken down from the club shop which means he must be going, because that is the first thing that would happen if he was to leave... Same person failed to take a photo of the club shop to provide any evidence and as far as I can tell no one has checked if this is true by going in and looking.

That got completely debunked. They were talking about club website shop which someone said change on mobile to desktop view. Also someone else tweeted picture of ground straight after with pictures of Grealish on hoarding

Edited by Kiwivillan

Of course his agent will have been speaking to City. I have no doubt that he'd agree to Man City's terms because they'll be offering him a sh*t load of money.
Terms won't be an issue for either Villa or City. It just depends which one he chooses now. I want it done one way or another this week. 

• Like 3

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

That got completely debunked. They were talking about club website which someone said change on mobile to desktop view. Also someone else tweeted picture of ground straight after with pictures of Grealish on hoarding

Thanks for that, I assumed it was BS, I just couldn't face trawling through the many pages of panic to see if sanity had prevailed.

On 24/07/2021 at 21:59, foreveryoung said:

Buendia?

To be fair if Man City buy Kane for £160 million and Grealish for £120 million, we all may as well go find some other sport to support, it really shouldn't be aloud. They may need a striker to kick on, but they won the league again piece of piss, so to buy Grealish as well, when they don't really even need him, is just letting Man City control football.

technically it's not, that's why there's FFP in place. shame it's not properly enforced.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Of course his agent will have been speaking to City. I have no doubt that he'd agree to Man City's terms because they'll be offering him a sh*t load of money.
Terms won't be an issue for either Villa or City. It just depends which one he chooses now. I want it done one way or another this week. 

Per PL rules it's illegal for player or agent to speak to other club without parent club's permission. There's precedence for this

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not for me.

He has given so much for the club. Will always remain a legend. Delph was just a decent player who didn't do anything significant for the club.

Dragged us up to the Prem. Almost single handedly kept us in the Premier League. Had his greatest ever season in terms of stats last season to make us a mid table team.

His mates in the England camp talking about winning the Champions League do you not think that will influence the man?

If he is leaving because he wants to fight for titles and play Champions League football on the biggest stage I can't blame him. It's a short career and neither of those things is a realistic prospect at Villa anytime soon.

in your opinion

many of us believe the only way is up with these owners and it's perfectly plausible to think that we can absolutely win silverware and play in europe in the next couple of years.

• Like 1

Per PL rules it's illegal for player or agent to speak to other club without parent club's permission. There's precedence for this

its standard practice i'm afraid. you can shout and wave the rule book all you like but it happens in pretty much every transfer.

city haven't directly spoken to jack, but they can speak to his agent. no rules against that. agent tells city "jack would want a 5 year contract at 150k a week if a deal gets accepted by villa" city reply "yes that would be fine"

that equates to "terms agreed". even though they've not directly spoken to jack.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ok. Do you think Grealish's agent has spoken to City representatives?

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

city haven't directly spoken to jack, but they can speak to his agent. no rules against that.

There are. Do I need to find the rulebook wording? Saw the other day says no agent of player may conduct talks without parent club's permission 

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

many of us believe the only way is up with these owners and it's perfectly plausible to think that we can absolutely win silverware and play in europe in the next couple of years.

Too right, the only difference being that Jack will help us get their faster. 

That’s why I never believed Villa’s line that we’d have a quiet summer, if we match his ambition there’s far more reasons to stay than leave. 

• Thanks 1

17.5 Any person subject to the FIFA Statutes and regulations who acts in a manner 
designed to induce a breach of contract between a professional and a club in 
order to facilitate the transfer of the player shall be sanctioned

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

17.5 Any person subject to the FIFA Statutes and regulations who acts in a manner 
designed to induce a breach of contract between a professional and a club in 
order to facilitate the transfer of the player shall be sanctioned

Considering the club in question literally formed a new league without UEFA's permission, I doubt they're too concerned about clause 17.5. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Considering the club in question literally formed a new league without UEFA's permission, I doubt they're too concerned about clause 17.5. 

I'm not even sure the Kane stuff is anything but made up. Apparently Spurs are saying the Kane move is bollocks. I'm curious if anything comes of this Mail story about them funneling money into the club years ago. I think it might

I'm not even sure the Kane stuff is anything but made up. Apparently Spurs are saying the Kane move is bollocks. I'm curious if anything comes of this Mail story about them funneling money into the club years ago. I think it might

I really, really hope it does. As a club, they're a disgrace and they've gotten away with murder over the last ten years. UEFA/FIFA/FA, whoever, needs to throw the book at a club (Man City) to show other clubs that you can't just simply break the rules and get away with it. 
They should be handed a lengthy transfer ban or be disqualified from European competitions if they're found guilty of illegal behaviour. The problem the authorities have with some of these clubs is that their owners are so powerful and rich that they're scared to actually do anything. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That got completely debunked. They were talking about club website shop which someone said change on mobile to desktop view. Also someone else tweeted picture of ground straight after with pictures of Grealish on hoarding

No it did not - I posted the tweet earlier in the thread from a well followed villa fan who went to the villa park shop for a top and he  said that photos of grealish had been removed from the shop ,  in replies to his tweet yesterday other villa fans visited the club shop and confirmed his story to be true 

as regards the grealish and smith photo on the north stand why would it be removed even if grealish left? It was a historic Wembley win to be remembered . 

Â