The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Is anyone else bothered by the rumours we're going to offer him £200k pw to stay? We've not won anything with him for him to earn that kind of money from us. I think that sets a rather dangerous precedent for any incoming stars we chase in the near future. 

• Like 1

I think if Jack left after the way he's gone off and says the fans the club are everything to him, every Villa fan would turn instantly on him lol.

It mite even be worse than hating Southgate 😂

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Is anyone else bothered by the rumours we're going to offer him £200k pw to stay? We've not won anything with him for him to earn that kind of money from us. I think that sets a rather dangerous precedent for any incoming stars we chase in the near future. 

He would earn more elsewhere. He is worth it. He is so key to us.

Bluemoon is hilarious with posts like this

City will change that mentality of Grealish. We don't want free kicks, it gives the defending side time to organise themselves again.
He plays that way for Villa because that suits their gameplan.
We are in for him for his other attributes that will help City out think our opponents.
Plus refs don't give us free kicks anyway, so he has no option but to change his style.

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I assume Citeh have said what they'd pay for him - i.e. £100M. Any other £100M players coming to Villa can have the same decent wages too. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't think Leicester are as established as a top six/four club as some seem to imagine, they're one bad transfer window or bad managerial appointment away from going back to being a midtable team at best. In fact I suspect that they've peaked and from this point on will slowly go back to being a midtable side, I know it's hard for people to imagine, but they're a team we should be looking to catch over the coming seasons with or without the brilliant Grealish.

Absolutely. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

TBH the financials in the game are mad, but his stats suggest he is right up there with the most effective players in the world. If we want to retain that level of talent we have to pay the wages those guys are paid. There are quite a few at Man CIty, for example, who earn over £300K p.w. And Arsenal have a few over £200K p.w.

Theres a web site that has the player salaries/contract values listed, its an eye opener: https://www.spotrac.com/Premier League/

Edited by thunderball

30 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

They are a very strange bunch on that forum. They hate everything Villa and they detest Brummies. Probably because we won't put up with their rubbish. It is Thomas Shelby vs Curly Watts when it comes to both clubs 🤣

I think for some it has to do with them claiming that Manchester is the second city*, which is obviously a very important and hotly debated issue across England’s dinner tables. 

*Everyone knows the second city is Birmingham. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Real small club energy flowing through this thread right now.  Not everyone but man get a grip. No player is bigger than the club. 

Don’t say things like that, you’ll be accused of trolling!

I have no objection to us paying him improved competitive terms if he stays and commits his future but I also don’t buy into the media narrative that we owe him a move either. He’s been earning approx £120k a week from us for the last year and played, what? 25 games ish. I think we’re quite within our rights to hold on to him. 

Anybody know how many games he did actually play since signing the last contract?

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

False equivalence. I liked signing Buendia. He wanted to join. Norwich wanted to sell. He is just a player to pass through.

To compare to Jack is idiotic. Lad has been with the club since 8. One of us. “My club. My city”. Roundly backed by our fanbase when he was being a silly boy. Circled by our fanbase when he was deemed shit and a diver by all other club fans. Now he’s going to turn his back on us and the project at the first test of his resolve. And we as fans have got to bend over, crawl on our hands and knees thanking City for even considering us.

Nah, not for me mate. But you do you, I suppose.

Who said anything about being grateful or thanking anyone? You’re just making stuff up now.

And yeah, I’ll do me thanks. 

Just looked at that ITK's past posts and picked out a few of his predictions and looked at the corresponding speculation around the dates (I'm bored OK). I can't see anything he's said that wasn't already being touted around in the rags etc before he posted. Also, looking at the actual posts he's got a lot of other things wrong outside of transfers. I'm not saying he's completely full of crap and he's probably got things right but he's defo not an oracle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadridVilla said:

I imagine this is far from a done deal. That Reddit post says the deal ‘should’ be done in the week, but there’s no info on a fee, wages, contract length? I’d be surprised if he was that well connected and didn’t know those details. 

If a fee had been agreed we would be hearing from Villa sources but we’re not. And the contract hasn’t been signed as confirmed by Sam Lee. So at the very most, Jack’s agents have agreed terms in principle, which is only the first part of a deal, and will likely be fed back to Villa to inform their contract offer. 

Reddit dude has no credibility apparently

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Real small club energy flowing through this thread right now.  Not everyone but man get a grip. No player is bigger than the club. 

Absolutely 

Â