The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I guess saying the ‘deal should be done’ is presuming that everybody would jump at the chance of playing for city and cannot even consider that Jack may choose to say at little old Villa. 

• Like 1

We haven't kicked a ball in anger this season, nor have we finished our business, yet all the jabronis who regurgitate the utter shit they hear on Talksport, insist we can't qualify for something West Ham almost qualified for last season. Please.

Villa can challenge the top 4 over the next year or 2. But not if we lose our best players. Its also the stated aim of our owners so get used to it. No more cowtowing to jumped up shit clubs who are tumid with dodgy money and corruption.

If you don't remember a time when this wasn't so, I feel sorry for you. But it's going to happen again.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Leicester are as established as a top six/four club as some seem to imagine, they're one bad transfer window or bad managerial appointment away from going back to being a midtable team at best. In fact I suspect that they've peaked and from this point on will slowly go back to being a midtable side, I know it's hard for people to imagine, but they're a team we should be looking to catch over the coming seasons with or without the brilliant Grealish.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Don't post opinions on it then without the full info

The 'full info' also includes the fact Jack is contracted for 4 years, and our owners will do all they can to keep him, imo, even if he has had his head turned.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Leicester are as established as a top six/four club as some seem to imagine, they're one bad transfer window or bad managerial appointment away from going back to being a midtable team at best. In fact I suspect that they've peaked and from this point on will slowly go back to being a midtable side, I know it's hard for people to imagine, but they're a team we should be looking to catch over the coming seasons with or without the brilliant Grealish.

They have won the league , fa cup and competed in champions league though in recent seasons and we can achieve similar with good management and recruitment 

Every day that this drags out, the club's hands get tied tighter if he ends up leaving. We'd really have to scramble to make up for the loss unless we have replacements lined up to exclusive contingency deals.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Every day that this drags out, the club's hands get tied tighter if he ends up leaving. We'd really have to scramble to make up for the loss unless we have replacements lined up to exclusive contingency deals.

I would think the club would know the score. For the first time in a long time, we actually have professional people in place at all key positions at the club - starting right at the very top. 

The club will be aware of the situation, any contractual risks with release clauses plus the wishes of the player himself. Whilst the back pages are focussing on the same story ad infinitum, there doesn't seem to be many, or any, column inches dedicated to who this professionally run club have enquired about to replace Mr. G.   The lack of noise from a club that would otherwise be actively recruiting a £100m vacancy speaks volumes to me. 

• Like 1

Seems like my comments about ethics have hit a nerve on the Bluemoon forum. Sorry guys but some of us have morals, some of us aren't selfish, some of us have pride in wanting the "right" outcomes regardless of whether it benefits our own clubs. I was happy when ESR signed a contract with Arsenal, I was happy when Kalvin Phillips stayed with Leeds. I was disgusted when Rooney joined Utd from Everton. I was delighted when the Super League was toppled. I strongly believe loyalty & community means everything in British football. City fans may have erased all their values and morals to cheer on the mercenaries playing in their shirt, but I won't.  It speaks volumes of City fans trying to justify their "owners ambition". No time for that lot on Bluemoon. Slap them with a big points deduction!

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

This. It really needs to be resolved this week so we can move on, one way or the other, either players to compliment him or players to replace him. Obviously I’m hoping for the former.

• Like 1

Talksport debating this now. Tbf, speaking sense. Saying 100m won’t be enough and Jack might want to stay and be ambitious with his boyhood club. 

Think this week is the week we find out. There is no need for it to drag on any longer. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

We were literally mid table in the Championship when they took over 3 years ago. What on earth are you talking about?

Just to add to this, we were hours away from administration when they arrived, if anyone says our owners can’t achieve their aims they are bonkers. 

I think some people are just blind to what can be achieved. I was having a chat with a Spurs fan in the office the other day who claimed that Villa would never get top 4 because teams like UTD, City, Liverpool, Leicester were just too far ahead. I picked him up on the Leicester point and said that the fact that they barely escaped relegation the season before winning the PL disproved his point, he still wasn’t having it. 

Am I saying we’ll be top 4 in 2/3yrs? Of course not, there are too many variables to make a claim like that, but I know that’s the plan, and with these owners I wouldn’t bet against it.

Back to Jack. You can put a price on what a player offers on the pitch, but you can’t put a price on the image of the club and the statement that keeping/selling your best player/captain/face of of the club portrays. Our owners know this, see the bucks superstar (who’s name I’m not even going to try and spell). £100m isn’t going to cut it with them.

So player power could force the move, really? Jack? Not having it. 

He described the winning goal in a championship match against Sha as the best day of his life. Success is subjective, villa qualifying for the champions league is more of an achievement that city winning the league, and Jack will spearhead that. 

The owners aren’t mugs, Jack loves Villa and loves being the main man, and £100m doesn’t replace the image of what we are trying to achieve. He won’t be sold. 

Back to the crazy Spurs fan in the office, for weeks now I’ve told him that I’ll take any bet of any sum of his choice that Jack will still be at Villa next season, I’m happy to extend that to anyone on this forum. 

He isn’t going anywhere. 

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Just the truth. At fault for both goals at leicester, at fault for all 3 at Palace. At fault for a 95th minute equaliser against Newcastle. I'm certain there was another but I'm not too sure. 

Think West brom too but not certain. 

I blame McGinn for the Newcastle equaliser, tbf. Remember screaming at the tv! 🙂

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think with the season fast approaching everyday this drags out the less likely this unlikely move is going to happen

• Like 1

Lol Bluemoon and odd City fans discussing Brummie fans are worst fans out there.

Think City fans should take a look in the mirror

1 minute ago, SidSidSidSid said:

I blame McGinn for the Newcastle equaliser, tbf. Remember screaming at the tv! 🙂

Equally at fault. If Elmo wasn't playing and was instead cash or guilbert the cross gets closed down. And McGinn doesn't have to. But because it was el. I the responsibility falls upon mcginn. 

1 minute ago, SidSidSidSid said:

Equally at fault. If Elmo wasn't playing and was instead cash or guilbert the cross gets closed down. And McGinn doesn't have to. But because it was el. I the responsibility falls upon mcginn. 

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Talksport debating this now. Tbf, speaking sense. Saying 100m won’t be enough and Jack might want to stay and be ambitious with his boyhood club. 

Think this week is the week we find out. There is no need for it to drag on any longer. 

Hopefully will sign a new deal in the new away kit - great way to launch it 👍

Â