The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I suppose it depends on how much he values winning medals with a team he doesn't support against becoming a legend for the team he supports. If it was me... I'd get far more joy winning a league cup for Villa than the league for Citeh, if I was a Villa fan. Other people may think different of course. What will you a player look back on when he retires with more fondness? 

Alan Shearer could have won so many medals with Man Utd... but he wanted to play for his boyhood team and he has stated that he never had any regrets at all. He achieved his dream. 

Agree completely mate. People who think that winning trophies = happiness are wrong. Yes that may be the case for some players, but it's definitely not for all. There are many different ways to get joy out of a football career.

I haven't said Jack will want to go. I'm just saying it's naive to think he won't be tempted at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes because you've ignored where City have come from. They are only where they are because of money, no other reason, and it's taken them over a decade to assemble that side.

We have an opportunity to build something special with Jack and we have owners who have bent over backwards to move this club forward. It's disrespectful to us as an ambitious football club to say that he has to jump ship at the first opportunity, given what our owners have done and the money they have invested to push us on.

If we were a shambles like we were 5 years ago, of course you would want Jack to move on for his own sake, but we're not. And you advocating for a player who plays for a team you claim to support to just go and join City and make the PL more uneven just makes absolutely no sense to me. 

I think VillaFan just wasted Tom 😂

sword blade GIF by BBQ Films

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Why pay him for 2 months extra when season has ended ? 
if there is no clause I dont see why city would even think about grealish as villa would not sell 

Why cash in on the marketing surrounding the euros? 

And who's to say they are? It's silly season and 90% of what's in the papers is bullshit

Its been 3 days since they bid £160m for Harry Kane... Did they ****, absolutely not a chance, its all bullshit 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think the only way he goes if if there is a release clause activated by city as someone posted on the previous page John percy  apparently referred to when he extended his contract last year ,

Yep agreed if there is a clause, and even then I still trust Wes, Nassef and Christian to (re)sell the vision to him.

Not much mentioned about a such a clause recently, and I think Deano actively said there wasn't one, but who knows?? No release clause, and he's going nowhere IMO.

I would be sure that the club know what's happening, and they don't appear to be on DEFCON 1 just yet. You would think there would be a gazillion rumours and leaks of players lined-up, but seems to be all quiet oon the Western Front for now. Not in here though. Panic, is the order of the day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I suppose it depends on how much he values winning medals with a team he doesn't support against becoming a legend for the team he supports. If it was me... I'd get far more joy winning a league cup for Villa than the league for Citeh, if I was a Villa fan. Other people may think different of course. What will you a player look back on when he retires with more fondness? 

Alan Shearer could have won so many medals with Man Utd... but he wanted to play for his boyhood team and he has stated that he never had any regrets at all. He achieved his dream. 

Shearer was at newcastle when they were competing in champions league regularly having already won the title with Blackburn - Rooney was Everton through and through but left them for United and trophies - Id hope Jack  would give us one more year at least and if not in Europe then fair enough 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I am not advocating anything, I'm not saying I would make the same decision. I am simply saying why Jack may be tempted. He may not even know for sure himself what he wants to do.

Fine I don't disagree but then you're also ignoring the fact that lots of parameters have to be in place for this deal to happen. It's not just on Jack.

Even if he did feel as you're suggesting, the owners know his importance and value to us. If they don't get that, they aren't just going to say "thanks and good luck". So unless City are paying through the roof for him, I don't see how this is actually a thing even if he wanted to go. 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why cash in on the marketing surrounding the euros? 

And who's to say they are? It's silly season and 90% of what's in the papers is bullshit

Its been 3 days since they bid £160m for Harry Kane... Did they ****, absolutely not a chance, its all bullshit 

Not saying villa are selling - what I’m saying is there’s no chance of villa selling him unless there is  a clause Which city activate .

If there is no clause then city have no hope in hell of getting him 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Shearer was at newcastle when they were competing in champions league regularly having already won the title with Blackburn - Rooney was Everton through and through but left them for United and trophies - Id hope Jack  would give us one more year at least and if not in Europe then fair enough 

Very true about Rooney... he was 18 and had his head turned. Think Everton had just finished 17th in the league (down from 7th the previous season) and he handed in a transfer request. Everton were in the financial shit as well and Kenwright said the sale would be good for Everton! Turns out he was right... they then finished 4th and had used some of the money to buy Cahill and Arteta!

I think Jack will stay for another 1 or 2 years at least. He's in the England team now, he's a world superstar and he's captain of his beloved team. He is living the dream! 

• Like 2

Hopefully this is resolved this week! Everybody knows my thoughts. Sign the contract Jack! Do not spit in the face of every Villa man, woman and child!  Do not play for the plastic lot, they hate Villa with a passion because we have tradition, history & class.  All of City's recent success is built on players that Villa developed. City stopped YOUR club from making history. Your DNA is woven in Aston Villa Jack, you are the face of our club. Make the right choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If he is to go then it better not be for a measly £100m.  
He’s worth much more than that to us from a playing perspective and the you need to add the new ‘Brand Grealish’ premium.

No more bending over fully lubed up for Man City.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

We aren’t a rival to City. Behave.

They want him because he is a very good player.

We will be a rival soon. Our owners have said as much that that is the aim.  Man City are a well run club as well being owned by very rich men. They won’t be ignoring the progress we’re making or the qualities of our owners, even if fans and the media are. 

I’m not for a minute denying Jack’s football ability, or that Man City don’t want him, but they’re not exactly short of player in Jack’s position. The damage to Villa is in theory greater than the positive effect on the City team that Jack moving could be. As I’ve said both sides will have a figure in mind that would be the tipping point. If that point coincides then a move could be on. It would be a complicated calculation though and one that is probably beyond us fans to calculate with the relative information we have. I can’t imagine Jack’s injury issues aren’t a factor either. 

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Thread must be absolute gold for any rivaling fans visiting.

I have a sneaky feeling that one or two posters that have contributed to the last few pages are “visiting rival fans” 

We now need to Stop fretting over Jack. It isn’t something we as fans can control. I believe the club know what’s happening whatever the outcome. I trust them to deal with it, be it he stays or goes. I support Aston Villa FC not Grealish FC. If he goes, he goes 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It’s not really an achievement winning the league with Man City when it’s already a foregone conclusion, with or without you.  

It’s never a foregone conclusion, Liverpool will be up there again next season. If we buy sensibly like we have done in the recent past, there’s no reason why we can’t join them if we keep the current squad together and add to it

Â