The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

What the **** is going on in here? 

What are you lot like when your wives/girlfriends are on a night out?! 

We come to your wife or girlfriend for extra, since we've sent ours off out and had enough of them 😂

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If true then the ball is not in our court should city trigger it . 

If there was a clause and City wanted to trigger it he would be a city player by now, none of this preparing a bid nonsense they'd just get it done 

And they wouldn't be getting it done last week of July 2 weeks after pre season started, it would have been the week after the PL ended 

Unless they don't have the funds due to FFP and need to sell bernardo silva and sterling, both of whom are still man City players with no bids in sight 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Man City ITK on reddit said its done 

Who also said they were after Rashford, and myriad other things that never happened.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

You know how we laughed at Arsenal fans when they thought Smith-Rowe might come to us - Man-City fans will now be laughing at this thread.

And, just like Smith-Rowe, Grealish will not be leaving his boyhood club. 

That is true, these guys who create these rumours do this because as I said previously it's stirs the hornets up, us being the hornets.

It's so easy for them to accomplish this that right now we're a bunch of ass clowns going off like raving lunatics looking for anything false to put this rumour to bed.

Arsenal have had it and now us, soon it will be City losing KDB or UTD losing Maguire but it will happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Go and support Man City because I've explained why a player would be tempted by a move?

Yes because you've ignored where City have come from. They are only where they are because of money, no other reason, and it's taken them over a decade to assemble that side.

We have an opportunity to build something special with Jack and we have owners who have bent over backwards to move this club forward. It's disrespectful to us as an ambitious football club to say that he has to jump ship at the first opportunity, given what our owners have done and the money they have invested to push us on.

If we were a shambles like we were 5 years ago, of course you would want Jack to move on for his own sake, but we're not. And you advocating for a player who plays for a team you claim to support to just go and join City and make the PL more uneven just makes absolutely no sense to me. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

If there was a clause and City wanted to trigger it he would be a city player by now, none of this preparing a bid nonsense they'd just get it done 

And they wouldn't be getting it done last week of July 2 weeks after pre season started, it would have been the week after the PL ended 

Unless they don't have the funds due to FFP and need to sell bernardo silva and sterling, both of whom are still man City players with no bids in sight 

If there was a release clause and City triggered it he could still choose to stay at Villa surely (unless NSWE didn't want him to), so it isn't exactly black and white. You can't force somebody to go and work somewhere else unless they agree to it.

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Villa fans who don't see how/why any of our players COULD be tempted by a move, are plain naive.

I suppose it depends on how much he values winning medals with a team he doesn't support against becoming a legend for the team he supports. If it was me... I'd get far more joy winning a league cup for Villa than the league for Citeh, if I was a Villa fan. Other people may think different of course. What will a player look back on when he retires with more fondness? 

Alan Shearer could have won so many medals with Man Utd... but he wanted to play for his boyhood team and he has stated that he never had any regrets at all. He achieved his dream. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Think I might just join Bluemoon forum when they realise he is staying, just to take the p***😂

Well this is the second time this window Jack's been leaving us now, it's happened twice and wouldn't surprise me if it happens just before window shuts also.

Usually someone on here creates accounts on opposition fan forums, I've seen a few taking the piss back lol

It's all fun and games.

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes because you've ignored where City have come from. They are only where they are because of money, no other reason, and it's taken them over a decade to assemble that side.

We have an opportunity to build something special with Jack and we have owners who have bent over backwards to move this club forward. It's disrespectful to us as an ambitious football club to say that he has to jump ship at the first opportunity, given what our owners have done and the money they have invested to push us on.

If we were a shambles like we were 5 years ago, of course you would want Jack to move on for his own sake, but we're not. And you advocating for a player who plays for a team you claim to support to just go and join City and make the PL more uneven just makes absolutely no sense to me. 

I am not advocating anything, I'm not saying I would make the same decision. I am simply saying why Jack may be tempted. He may not even know for sure himself what he wants to do.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

If there was a release clause and City triggered it he could still choose to stay at Villa surely (unless NSWE didn't want him to), so it isn't exactly black and white. You can't force somebody to go and work somewhere else unless they agree to it.

Could do 

But I'd be absolutely amazed if he did

If the bid is accepted or there's a clause then he's gone, the notion that he'll stay at villa cos he loves us is naive imo and setting yourself up for disappointment 

Fortunately I don't believe for one minute a bid will accepted 

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Go and support Man City because I've explained why a player would be tempted by a move?

Not Valid reasoning, denied 😂

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why pay him for 2 months extra when season has ended ? 
if there is no clause I dont see why city would even think about grealish as villa would not sell 

Â