The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, jim said:

All owners want that, what happens is another story. I’ve seen nothing yet to suggest we are looking to compete with the big guns. 

Are you taking the piss? They've literally said it.

Wait, are you Jim White?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

You're trying to propagate that he has to move in order to play regularly for England, ignoring the fact that it's the manager holding him back not his club.

I do agree with this, but it would make Southgate look even more of a mug, if that's possible.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Are you taking the piss? They've literally said it.

Wait, are you Jim White?

Yes they’ve said it wow we! All owners say the same things. Talk is cheap.

• Like 1

Jack doesn’t need to play for Pep to get established in the England set up he just needs Southgate gone ! as according to the bookies he’s currently first choice on the team sheet for a strong contender for Southgates job 

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The decision isn't purely Jack's. 

WE (as in the club) have to be willing to sell him. If we're not, he simply cannot leave.

I think the only way he goes if if there is a release clause activated by city as someone posted on the previous page John percy  apparently referred to when he extended his contract last year ,

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He loves Villa, no doubt about it, he also loves football. He'll be desperate for those CL night vibes, and who wouldn't want to play under Pep?

Did you post that while jerking off over a Man City team photo ?

Just now, Paul33 said:

Did you post that while jerking off over a Man City team photo ?

Did you post this while doing your homework for Primary School?

Villa fans who don't see how/why any of our players COULD be tempted by a move, are plain naive.

if the deal isn’t right we’re under no pressure to sell for 2 years, when his contract starts to become a problem. I don’t give a **** if Jack suddenly comes out and says he’s always been Blues, hates Villa and wants to move to City to win the Champions League next season, tough shit. He signed a contract last season.

What Jack wants or what he might be tempted by at this point doesn’t matter, if he wants to leave his option is to not sign a generous new contract if we offer it and negotiate something for next season or the season after.

You guys are losing the plot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Lots of reasons. He can still love the club but want to play at the highest level in the CL and win trophies. Let’s be honest here, he’s not going to get that at Villa.

That's not entirely true, we may start winthink in two or more season time. Even if Jack's in his 30s and we have an amazing team but Jack's turned into abit of a sub because his days are coming to an end and we have better on the pitch, letting him grab some time on field to win a trophy would be a thing that could happenin his playing time.

See I have this feeling about Jack and even if he didn't win anything he would be happy going out with his days ending at Villa and why do I say this? Because some players are just happy to be playing football with there most favourite club and he will know that he aided Villa in coming from the brink of bankrupsy and club death to promotion back to the top flight and moving is as far as he could up the to table.

Not everything to players is always about trophys, sometimes loyalty and love and a good pay check take priority and he certainly has that at Villa. If Jack is that type of player who loves an army of fans who love you for the right reasons and more than the fact your just a player then Jack will remain at Villa. To me Jack seems like the loyal kind, the kind that would gladly keep the career he's took time to build over some bench warming session at a top team where he won't even be a starter or one of the top players. He seems smart enough to me that he won't go swap all what has took time for him to earn for maybes and possiblys, sure city may win a trophy here and there but it's not Guaranteed. We've already been in a final in our survival season and that wasn't a good Villa team, we came close though at nearly pulling a trophy steal there.

45 minutes ago, useless said:

John Percy said that there was a significant release clause when he reported Grealish signing his new contract last summer, that might have been the only way to convince Grealish to sign a new deal.

I don't think City would bid for him if there wasn't a release clause because we'd want a sum of money that even they wouldn't be prepeared to pay, I mean if you look at their current transfer record it's around £60m for Mahrez, without a release clause they'd have to more than double that to get Grealish.

If true then the ball is not in our court should city trigger it . 

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Our new training centre at Bodymoor isn't cheap though. 

Nor is the investment into the academy.

Nor was wiping off the debt.

Nor the hundreds of millions spent on transfers and wages since we got promoted.

It’s incredible what people can choose to ignore. NSWE are the real deal and we owe them everything. They will continue to invest in this club and Jack is the crown jewel. Our stature will continue to climb again. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

Â