The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bit harsh on Elmo 

Just the truth. At fault for both goals at leicester, at fault for all 3 at Palace. At fault for a 95th minute equaliser against Newcastle. I'm certain there was another but I'm not too sure. 

Think West brom too but not certain. 

Edited by MotoMkali

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

15th September 2020. Not even a year ago. If he chose to leave now then the above is just a load of lies, quite frankly.

If he was sold on the project of NSWE last summer then what has changed since? The only thing that has is that we had a very good season and advanced further than anyone expected us to. Shows the project is working so why would he change his mind?

Another points to make is he's signed a new contract everytime he's been offered one, he's been sold on the idea that Villa will continue on and The Owners, Purslow and everyone else involved will of told Jack he's vital to the plans.

Simply put he would not of signed that contract last year to only ask to be sold this year. Something major would of had to have happened for him to feel that way and that would mean that Jack would be misserable as hell at Villa which I do not believe he is in anyway.

It's the wait of it all now till window closes so we know for 100 percent it was daftness.

• Like 2

Just now, Dave-R said:

Another points to make is he's signed a new contract everytime he's been offered one, he's been sold on the idea that Villa will continue on and The Owners, Purslow and everyone else involved will of told Jack he's vital to the plans.

Simply put he would not of signed that contract last year to only ask to be sold this year. Something major would of had to have happened for him to feel that way and that would mean that Jack would be misserable as hell at Villa which I do not believe he is in anyway.

It's the wait of it all now till window closes so we know for 100 percent it was daftness.

Exactly. It would have to have taken something like relegation or him to have fallen out with someone at the club etc. It would have to be something massive to have changed his mind in that time.

Nothing like that has happened so, for me, if he does go this summer then he wasn't being sincere when he said My city. My club. My home. UTV.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Then the above was a load of lies if that is the case. If he loves Villa as much as he says then he wouldn't have his head turned that easily.

He expected to leave after Hull away 3 years ago and thought that could have been his last game when Spurs wanted him , sir Gary Cahill has stated jacks dad told him he’d stay 2 more years last year - it’s no great surprise to me if he did leave for city , obviously I’d rather he stay but could see why he’d be tempted 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think he will sign a new contract next week. 

Give it a week after he signed a new contract again and someone on VT soon as a post comes out will be right back to Jack's leaving, it never stops 😂

Just now, Eastie said:

He expected to leave after Hull away 3 years ago and thought that could have been his last game when Spurs wanted him , sir Gary Cahill has stated jacks dad told him he’d stay 2 more years last year - it’s no great surprise to me if he did leave for city , obviously I’d rather he stay but could see why he’d be tempted 

I can't. I can't see one single reason why he'd be tempted, if he loves Villa as much as he makes out.

• Like 1

Its so annoying we have to go through this every single window. You are supposed to feel at ease after your world class captain/fan commits to a 5 year deal not even a year ago. I know it comes with the territory when you have such a talent but id fully expect these owners, after all they’ve put in to the club so far to have us even on this footing, to strictly put out the message to clubs, barnett and jack himself, that there is zero chance of a transfer. If it turns out he does have a release clause, and Jack goes to link up with Pep at the first chance then whats the point anymore. A club like us has no chance of ever competing if it cant keep hold of a lifelong Villa boy and icon at a time we’re clearly on the up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I can't. I can't see one single reason why he'd be tempted, if he loves Villa as much as he makes out.

Money, Trophies,   Playing with better players , playing at the top level in Europe against the top teams and de Bruyne is his favourite player - we would all rather he stay here abd do that with villa but he’s stated his ambition to play champions league on many occasions , I think it’s 50/50 , depending on whether there is a release clause which city activate 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Money, Trophies,   Playing with better players , playing at the top level in Europe against the top teams - we would all rather he stay here abd do that with villa but he’s stated his ambition to play champions league on many occasions 

And in a couple of years, if we can't provide that, move on. He's not even in his prime yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Money, Trophies,   Playing with better players , playing at the top level in Europe against the top teams - we would all rather he stay here abd do that with villa but he’s stated his ambition to play champions league on many occasions 

He can do all that here and it would mean so much more to him than doing it with a meaningless, plastic, shithole of a club in a shithole of a city. All of those things you listed are part of the aims of NSWE's project that he was sold on last summer. If he was sold on it then, why not now?

Edited by Okonokos

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

He can do that in a couple of years though. If he cant see the mess and distress Villa will be left in if he goes, when we’re on the precipice of actually getting back to a great place.

Sometimes you need sacrifice your own desires (even though he should be excited and fully onboard with the possibilities at Villa this season), for the greater good of the thing you love (the club).

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Exactly. It would have to have taken something like relegation or him to have fallen out with someone at the club etc. It would have to be something massive to have changed his mind in that time.

Nothing like that has happened so, for me, if he does go this summer then he wasn't being sincere when he said My city. My club. My home. UTV.

Yeah you can see that he loves it at Villa but by the chance he does go I am with you that all his talk about how he loves the club and it's his club and how he's a fan would all become just untrustworthy.

See I have a special kind of relationship with Jack in my heart and that's because he shares his birthday with the exact day my mother died from a cancer battle. The whole story is she had brought me his shirt only knowing I loved Villa and not him but the shirt had his name on it on the back, she got me that shirt in August 2018 then she passed away later on that very players birthday Jack's 10th September. In my eyes thats a crazy occurrence one that I've kept close to my heart and head. How does something like that happen,I've never been able to explain it but it happened and I feel close with my mum and Jack through it. I would actually be devastated if he left Villa because of that mate and I know it has to come at some point but I'd rather he were kept till his playing days are over at Villa.

• Sad 1

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He can do that in a couple of years though. If he cant see the mess and distress Villa will be left in if he goes, when we’re on the precipice of actually getting back to a great place.

Sometimes you need sacrifice your own desires (even though he should be excited and fully onboard with the possibilities at Villa this season), for the greater good of the thing you love (the club).

Mess and  distress ? There are many positives at villa even without him ,  with good recruitment we would continue to grow . 

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Lots of reasons. He can still love the club but want to play at the highest level in the CL and win trophies. Let’s be honest here, he’s not going to get that at Villa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think he will sign a new contract next week. 

At City….

Â